Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Arwen Undomiel In a seance with Tolkien ... what would u ask?

If you found yourself in a seance with Prof. T, what question would you ask him?

I'm sorry about this but, I'm gonna ask this before the rest of you guys get a chance:

DID THE BALROG HAVE WINGS???

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:23 PM   #2
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Are you in heaven? In Aman? In Arda? In Ea? In someone's hard drive?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Arwen Undomiel

Arathorn, that's a good one! How about,

How are you?

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #4
Elf Girl
Lurker

I agree about the balrog, or maybe we could ask "Do elves have pointy ears?"
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 06:30 PM   #5
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

"Who is Tom?"
Old 03-13-2002, 06:42 PM   #6
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Definitely "What specifically is Tom?"
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 08:41 PM   #7
Darth Tater
The man

"Do you think Orlando Bloom is cute?" "How do you feel about Liv Tyler?" "Doncha wish some of your fans would just grow up and accept the movie as a seperate work of art that is brilliant in its own right?"
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 12:40 AM   #8
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Did you have a big imagination as a kid, or did it all suddenly happen as an adult?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 05:24 AM   #9
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

My family has had a miny civil war over the balrog wings it was hell my dad said yes my uncle said no but it is known that they couldnot fly i found an essay on the damn subject i say that they did so don't kill me already i would ask if he liked the film and about glorfindel

Dont heckle the supervillain

Note to Self: Remember that sarcasm is hard to detect from text.

What ever you do, don't click this link!

my LJ
Dwarven Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 05:23 PM   #10
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

"How tall are the elves?"

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:22 PM   #11
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Um... I'm not an administrator or anything, but wasn't there a thread just like this not very long ago???

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:42 PM   #12
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

how about...

what happens to ents when they die?
Old 03-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #13
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

"What can we do on this side of 'the veil' to keep other people from contacting and bothering you so you can get some well-deserved rest and peace?

"Oh, before you go: Which of your writings would you place in the following source categories: Primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary?"

"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:41 PM   #14
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Not bad, bropous, that question would settle a lot of hot debates. He might even like the question.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:41 PM   #15
Elvet
Elven Warrior

I would like to know if he envisioned any entwifes left in Middle-earth and where they settled.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:19 AM   #16
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'd probably mistake him for my Dad and the medium would tell me: "Oops, wrong channel". And then, after realizing who he is, I'll probably say " Darned! Bring him back, bring him back!"

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:20 AM   #17
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

That would indeed be disappointing, to miss him like that! Especially if you can't get him to come back. . .Kinda like my wish to land in ME somewhere, and my wish coming true, just to land on Mt. Doom with the destruction of the Ring, or smack in the middle of a battle field! Something like that. Anyway, I'm just rambling, it's what I do best. I don't really know what I would ask him!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:47 PM   #18
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Your post just sparked this vision, Eruviel! imagine: You finally get to go to ME, you land on your but on the ground. You stand up, wipe the dust from your clothes, take a deep breath of ME-air and be pleased with yourself for getting there. Then you notice you landed in the middle of The Battle of the Five armies, the orcs are deciding whether a) you are an elf and then to chop you to bits. b) you are an orc and should be given an wolf and a sword. c) you are just a stand-in-the-way and then to chop you to bits. d) they don't think and chop you to bits anyway. Then you either scream: No! On second thought let me stay where I was!! I don't even WANT to go to ME anymore. Or you wake up.. Hehe, how's that for rambling and weird mental brainpaths?
Old 03-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #19
Nibs
Head Hollara

Wow JRR Tolkien you're the greatest love your books love your work love you what's the deal with the Silmarillion and Histories of Middle Earth what's the canon did you and Chris hate each other did the balrogs have wigs or wings where are the entwives and does Frodo really live just kidding I know he lives and did I say I love your books 'cause I do I really really do

Easy-to-read stream of consciousness format; displayed in Nibs-vision.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:03 PM   #20
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, Earniel, I was thinking of something along those lines when I said "middle of a battlefield." It would be a great disappointment to be chopped to pieces in your first few seconds on ME!

I still don't know what I would ask Tolkien. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote