Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2002, 09:40 PM   #1
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Forgotton Realms Series

who is your favorite characters from Forgotton Realms books??? I'm partial to Drizzt myself.

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Brimvalir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
Ozymandias
Hobbit

Characters? I dunno...there's a lot of them. As far as authors, however, off the top of my head I like R. A. Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Troy Denning, and Jeff Grubb & Kate Novak.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #3
TomFoolOfATook
Hobbit

R.A. Salvatore is my favorite of those authors
Pieces of Eight
Treasure filled with emphtiness
dont let it turn your heart to stone
TomFoolOfATook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:47 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Re: Forgotton Realms Series

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimvalir
who is your favorite characters from Forgotton Realms books??? I'm partial to Drizzt myself.
Shoot I was gunna do that. Drizzt is most definatly one of my favorites. If you want a more in depth view, ask TinuvielChild, she introduced me to thst particular series.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
TinuvielChild
Padawan

yeah, but considering that the last time i read any of them was...let's say 5th grade (3 years ago), and that since then i have read: Piers Anthony's Xanth books, Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, reread the LotR, started the Sil, and changed schools twice, i really don't remember much of anyone except Drizzt!

oh, and of the above authors, i've only read R.A. Salvatore and Elaine Cunningham. Something i noticed in Elaine Cunningham's books about Arilyn what's-her-face (another series read in 5th/6th grade): Elaith Craulnobur. Elaine Cunningham. Notice anything similar? i thought so. go chew on that awhile.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote