Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2002, 07:27 PM   #1
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

You first post!

Repost your origional post in this thread! To do this click somewhere that has your user name listed. Then click Search for all posts by this user. Go back to the last page and copy/paste your origional post![b] Don't tell what thread it was from, it will be funnier that way.[b]

Here is mine.
Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx
Every LotR fan should read this! It is the funniest thing ever!!!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

This is my first post at this board. It was before I had gdl96 as my username. My current username was dmaul966, and this was a post talking about how Jae stole the username dmail96 from, as that was my aim sn.
Quote:
Re: TPM Sheet Music a Disappointment
this message is mainly pointed to "the jae" (if thats your real name anyway). i am very mad and frustrated at you ing my usual i.d. "dmaul96" i use it very often, and i wished i could hav used it for ezboards, so i decided to search all ez boards to find out who you are, and i have come one step closer. darth tater and bmilder; it would be a great favor if you could help me track this "the jae" down. you can leave a reply. thank you NOTE from the admin: Another funny message. I'll leave this one intact, however. For those of you watching, these are just my friends messing around . (Dmaul96 and Dmaul966)...so like-everony else edited this, so i wanted to too
I'm gonna try to find my first gdl96 post. I could also try to find the firsts post of all my other usernames, but I'm not.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My first ever post is pretty obvious as my first post I did NOT want to get flamed like the first time I ever came into a message board.

Here it is:
::tries to sneak in inconspicuously, but realizes that pretty impossible::
Might as well dive right in.
I've only seen the movie once, but that's going to change very soon! I was pretty lucky, since the movie theater was nearly empty, and everyone in the theater was fairly quiet. I was there on a Saturday, too. Odd.
Well, it's not exactly a bad experience, but something rather funny did happen. When Bilbo wants the ring back from Frodo and kind of 'transforms', someone behind me yelled "Jaysus!" really loud. Luckily, I managed to only jolt in my seat. I did that a few times, to my father's delight.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:48 PM   #4
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I had a "hi, I'm new post." I was a very stupid little newbie...wow...I miss those days. (or not!)

Quote:
Hi, everyone! I'm new to this board, but a pretty good RPGer. I think it's weird...just two years ago I didn't even KNOW about Tolkien's books. and now...well, here I am. I think that his books are the absolute epotime of greatness! I've read the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings, and am about a quarter of the way through the Silmarillon...parts of it are hard for me to digest...oh,well. Anyway, I know this board will be really fun...hope to meet everybody soon!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:10 AM   #5
ryan
t2t relic

Quote:
Horay! Bmilder finally got something worthwhile to look at on his web page*cough* now only if someone could post here.. I strongly encourage everyone to post on this board. It is really..well..uh..urg..er..well it just is.
That was my absolute first post (and probably something around the second post on the board, but who knows )

Making fun of the original benjamins tolkien page, with that annoying little hobbit and bright blue background Good times, good times.
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:25 AM   #6
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Hmmm...pillow talk....

I brought up the part where the car was moving behind the scarecrow with my friends and one of them said:

"Speaking of scarecrows, why is it covered with crows?"
I just decided to dive right in to the thread with my first post above. I think bropous welcomed me or something.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:10 AM   #7
Darth Tater
The man

The search feature only finds your first vbulletin post, not first ever. And anyways, that probably dropped into oblivian long ago.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #8
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

LOL, I think my first post was an opening salvo in my worst Entmoot flame war yet [and hopefully the last]. I can't seem to find posts prior to December 28, 2001 though. I'm pretty sure I started posting prior to that.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:55 AM   #9
anduin
Entwife

Here is a link to my first post/thread....http://www.tolkientrail.com/entmoot/...=&threadid=578

If you ever get bored it is fun to check out the last pages from different forums.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 02:39 AM   #10
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Okay - anyone that has seen my posts won't be surprised by my first. So here it is from 12/24/2001 made in the The Worst Change in FOTR thread.....

Arwen ruined Frodo's line

Like others - I don't have a problem with them expanding Arwen's charcter - although it wasn't expanded as much as advertising would lead someone to believe.

I figured that Arwen was going to replace Glorfindel - but I thought that whole scene from Weathertop to Bruinen made Frodo look weak.

Frodo's line - "By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" I feel was key to expressing Frodo's strength against the Ring and his determination to fight - something the humans and others lacked.

Also - what was the deal with making him "die" after the crossing and Arwen bringing him back to life?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:22 AM   #11
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I thing the coolest thing are the people who I addict to the books via the film. It's quite entertaining.

There it is.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #12
The_Real_Legolas
Elven Warrior

Smaug???
Why did Smaug die from a stupid black arrow?
I thought it was dumb. LEGOLAS ROXZ

this is my first post!

One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them
LEGOLAS ROCKS & so do I! GO ARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Real_Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 07:16 PM   #13
Ben
Retired Ent

Hehe... you're right Tater that the search will only pick up your posts on vBulletin, but most of the threads from the ezboard are still around too. Check the archive .

I found mine:

Quote:
This is the first message on my new message board! Hopefully this will breathe some life into my web site, which I've been too lazy to update frequently. Over the next few days, I'll be adding some admins and moderators. After that, maybe some people will stumble upon this board and join, so the admins have something to do . Enjoy!

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 09:32 AM   #14
Darth Tater
The man

Ok I believe this is my first post:
Quote:
Here's a big hello from the next admin to be
Exciting eh?
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #15
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

OK, here's mine.

I'm new

Hello fellow Tolkien fans! I am new to this site so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. These may seem like stupid questions to you but I've never been in an RPG before. First of all, what exactly is a role playing game? How does it work? Do you totally make up the characters & plot yourself or is it based on something Tolkien's written? Basically, I just want to know some general info on RPGs. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

P.S. I'm doing a research paper at school on the life of J.R.R. Tolkien - if anyone has some really good info on him please let me know - Thanx again!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #16
ringbearer
Elf Lord

I think this is it...

Just found this forum!!!
Hello! I have read LOTR 7 times since I was 15(45 now). Just started on #8. Obviously, I enjoy it! I could not enjoy "The Silmarillion" as much...too bad Tolkien (the father) "had sailed to the West"! Christopher is a poor substitute in literary style. He just took his father's notes and wrote an essay! I think we would have all enjoyed it much more, if he just would have published his father's notes. I really do not think JRR intended to write "The Silmarillion". One other reason I think LOTR is so good is this...J.R.R. Tolkien actually believed it all happened!!!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 01:20 AM   #17
Smaug
Enting

Quote:
First post...

I'm checking to see if I'm a sap, too...
Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote