Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2002, 08:42 PM   #1
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
WOOHOO I'm nearly an Elf!

Ok in something like 30 posts I'll be an Elf. C'mon people give me a reason to post please!

Mod of Mirkwood forum at:
http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Please PM me if you have anything.

Never but never buy a computer from TIME. If you want to know why please ask.

Andromeda fans check out:

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/
Lady Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
Ben
Retired Ent

How about joining some discussions in the LotR forums?

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 09:28 PM   #3
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bmilder
How about joining some discussions in the LotR forums?
Well I wil do that at some point but see it's been a long, long time since I read the books so I think I'd better re-read a bit further first.

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Old 02-02-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Congrats.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 11:04 PM   #5
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

You could start pointless threads, monopolize the posts on that threas and then claim it's not spam it's just fun. It works for Laurelyn. ... Acctually Laurelyn quit doing that as much.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:13 AM   #6
Darth Tater
The man

Banning is fun
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:22 AM   #7
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Banning is fun
Well I wouldn't know! I've never had to give so much as a warning to anyone! We never have any trouble in the forums where I Mod. And I've never been banned from anywhere myself either!

Old 02-04-2002, 06:06 PM   #8
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

YAY! Only nine more posts now!

Old 02-04-2002, 06:21 PM   #9
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Look, it would have been ok just to post that message. But this is completely pointless and can be considered and is by me to be spam. You already posted FOUR times in this topic. Please do not post another pointless thing in this topic or in GM.
"YAY! Only nine more posts now! " that is complete and utter clutter/spam. I would ask that you NOT post in this topic again....
you were planning on posting here after you got your 100 posts weren't you? And you were also probably going to either post before then or also after then. That is not really acceptable. Maybe GM should be closed because all is here is "ooh look at my post count...i'm posting to make it go up......hi i'm a newb......even though there are 50 other topics that answer this, i'll ask it anyway" Lady Midnight, whether you realized it or not, you would have in the end gotten like 8-10 (or I shudder to think more) out of this topic. Now this is to celebrate that you have really have 100 posts....if 10 are from here....well.... alrady 4 are. I won't close this - now. But try not to post more things like "only nine to go." Ok? Good. DON"T SAY OK. that would just be a way to get your count up. You can say you don't care about your count all you like....but you do....you all do....stop posting stupid pointless posts. Hope thats not too harsh. Any other admin can close this if they want. I might even - but for now I won't. Just Lady Midnight, perhaps you can post once her after you reach 100 posts. But a lot more pointless junk, and it gets closed. Thank you.

edit: Did I over react? I don't think I did. There has been a lot of pointless, silly posts lately......its kind of annoying. This isn't that bad. But it is pointless posting..well it has a point: so you can get your post count up. That is generally not suggested here... So sorry if you got offended or anything...but spamming is wrong.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 07:22 PM   #10
emplynx

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
But this is completely pointless and can be considered and is by me to be spam.
Surprise, surprise. How could I guess?
Acutually HOBBIT, I agree you this time. Posts like this are spam. I think that GM is still good though. I love to hang out here. Hence the sig...

Last edited by emplynx : 02-04-2002 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:58 PM   #11
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

ooh... look at my post count!

And then... tell me what it is, because I stopped checking when I lost track of Ahab. ]: )

[edit: Okay... this was post 619]
Old 02-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #12
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco
You could start pointless threads, monopolize the posts on that thread and then claim it's not spam it's just fun. It works for Laurelyn. ... Acctually Laurelyn quit doing that as much.

Yeah, I learned my lesson. The truth was, I actually didn't know what spam was untill I got told off for spamming . . . I had never really understood. *Kicks self* I'm an idiot sometimes, aren't I?
But some of my pointless, random posts really are fun, and a lot of my pointlessness is done with no idea what my post count is and with no thought to my post count whatsoever. I like being strange, insane, pointless, and very very random.

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everbody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes . . ."

Case in point . . .less . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:25 AM   #13
ryan
t2t relic

Hi this is a pointless post i dont know why i posted it so bye
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:23 AM   #14
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Good-bye, ryan.
You're right it was a pointless psot, and I don't know any better than you do as to why you posted it.
I don't know why I'm answering it either. I suppose I felt like it.

Oh, and HOBBIT:
Are you the moderator in charge of spam, or what? Or do you just take care of spammers unofficially?
Just wondering, no harm meant by it . . .

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 02-07-2002, 01:33 PM   #15
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

*kisses*
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #16
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Ok the last time I started a thread like this anywhere what happened was people started asking me about myself and it actually turned into quite an interesting discussion. That doesn't seem to be happening here. So I'm thinking it might be an idea if this thread was actually closed.........unless people want to congratulate me on becoming an Elf, which is the point of the thread after all.

Last edited by Lady Midnight : 02-07-2002 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:58 PM   #17
emplynx

I almost have 500 post.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:25 PM   #18
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Well, congrats to both of you.
You're right, Lady Midnight, sometimes pointless nonsense blossoms into a wonderful discussion, but sometimes not. This seems like a "not."

Old 02-07-2002, 06:48 PM   #19
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Oh, all right. I'll just say congrats once. Titles and post counts can be fun, but they are pointless Just all of you know for future reference not to spam. Hey, I'm coming up on big 1000 Entmoot SITH status! Yay.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:30 PM   #20
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Ooh, ooh, this will make my post count go up another! Yay! WEEEEE!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. Anyways, congrats, welcome to the club, from now on it is just elven titles, unless you become an admin or decide to have a custom at 500. Admins get to be Ents and Entwives! WAAAA!!!! I WANNA BE AN ENT!!!

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote