Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'm back

Oh boy! Been gone to Hong Kong for 3 days and I don't recognize the threads and some of the new peope have suddenly gone 30 posts already since last time. I gotta catch up on all the new and crazy ideas you guys have.

It's been 3 yrs since I last went to that land across the south china sea (100 minutes, really, by plane from Manila) and I still can't believe the atmosphere. People in the newest fashion and power hairstyle (generally with black coats and jackets for winter) walking busily like new york yuppies. The teensters were either in the same getup or sporting something more with the anime inspiration.

I spent the evenings after the business meetings walking alone and just breathing it all in. I felt like I was in the setting of
"Ghost in the Shell" minus the barge highways. People generally wore their hair straight and long with ears sticking out and I could have sworn there was this cute looking girl cop who'd pass for an elf if she weren't in uniform.

Anyway 'tis nice to be there and back again and now I can go back to posting. It feels like smoking pipeweed in the hobbitton like before.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote