Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
Frodo's Girl
Sapling

Who Adores Elijah Wood?

Hi everyone! As you probably already guessed, I looooove Elijah Wood! He and Orlando Bloom are sooo cute! I don't mean to be too bold, but LoTR just woulde'nt be the same without them! Who agrees with me?
Old 01-20-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

*smacks herself* We promised we wouldn't become a ssstupid fangirllssss . . . we promised, yess!! Aaarggh! But if we postsss here, He will not see, us, no, He will not know . . . We will be massster then, we will decide if we is sstupid! *smacks herself again*

Well, I love FRODO. He is cute -- his innocence and bravery and weakness and eagerness and nobility all rolled into one are both adorable and touching. And I like Elijah Wood because he plays Frodo (and does a good job of it!). You're right, LotR would not be the same without Elijah and Orlando, there would be different actors, so it would be different.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #3
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
You LIKE? Could have fooled me. Honestly some of your posts in the What would you do thread(in the Movie Forum from which I have JUST come from. Maybe you should check it out Frodo's girl) didn't seem to say"I LIKE Elijah"seemed to me you've fallen head over heels, but then so have I. It's hard NOT to. Like FrodoFriend said he's a remarakble person and I say many times"someone I'd be honored to meet"
I'm a a BIG time fan of Elijah Wood too(alsmot a year starting on February 13th). Welcome to the board Frodo's Girl.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 01-20-2002 at 08:43 PM.
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:45 PM   #4
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I'm not crazy!!

BWAHAHAHA!!! *hoots like a howler monkey*

*rolls on the ground singing 'Can't Get No Satisfaction'*

Yes, welcome, Frodo's Girl!
And Samwise, I'm really not that bad -- I just overplay it for humorous purposes.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Last edited by FrodoFriend : 01-20-2002 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:18 PM   #5
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I don't.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 11:50 PM   #6
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Oh, suuuuure you don't, Hobbit! (I'm just messin' with ya.)

Old 01-21-2002, 12:00 AM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I am a fan of Orlando bloom, and I am quickly becoming a fan of Elijah Wood. Guess what? I actually could possibly someday meet him. I live in his homestate, and my granparents live in Cedar Rapids. I highly doubt it would ever happen, but I still think that's cool.
His eyes are gorgeous.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:18 AM   #8
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Orlando? But he's so . . . blonde! (No offense to blonde people ) Legolas did have some seriously cool fighting though. I was impressed. Makes you want to become an archer.

What about Gandalf? Mmmm, that gray hair! Or Gimli and his oh-so-sexy . . . uh, beard!

I really think a lot of the characters are cute, but I just wish they'd had more characterization on-screen! Orlando's good looks don't make up for not showing his friendship with Gimli, Pippin's accent doesn't show his loyalty to Frodo, and Elijah's eyes don't show Frodo's character as well as his attempt at defying the Black Riders at Bruinen would have. But I guess you can't have everything, right?

Old 01-21-2002, 05:18 PM   #9
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

I'm disgusted. I'm on your side, Tristan.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:25 PM   #10
Varda
Elven Warrior

sorry... i didnt really think frodo was that cute.... and i didnt really know much about elijah wood before this movie. i knew he was in huck finn, but i never really thought much of him or noticed him much...... but then i don't often fall for celebrities... legolas had some good scenes though, and my roommate thinks the actor who plays him is really cute... and my other friend thinks the guy who plays aragorn was attractive... i can see where both of them are coming from, but i have a hard time liking celebrities still, especially in lotr. maybe i just need to see the movie again to know....
Old 01-21-2002, 09:05 PM   #11
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Actually Elijah hasn't seen his home town or state(Iowa) since he moved to LA to become an actor, but you've got more chance then I do to met him. I live in IDAHO also known as "The boring"state(although Sandra Bullock visited the town where I go to church.Or so legend has it).
Orlando Bloom isn't blonde though. He's got dark hair and cuts it short and wears black clothes. My friend and I agree that he looks WAY better with blonde hair and blue eyes and the Legolas costume.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-21-2002, 09:33 PM   #12
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I dunno, I kinda prefer the mohawk-punk look. It's such an amusing contrast with the blonde-elf look.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:20 PM   #13
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Eh, I didn't know that, but I still never really expected to meet him.

When I first saw a different picture of Orlando Bloom, sans Legolas gear, I nearly cried! He looked quite good when he let his hair kind of grow out (On Regis...mmmm...). He doesn't wear all black clothes all the time. Seems to me he likes ruffly shirts that are checkered adn really small ties
Old 01-22-2002, 09:49 PM   #14
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

I'm a fan of Orlando Bloom too, but I didn't get to see him on Regis and Kelly.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:15 PM   #15
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I'm with FrodoFriend on this one:

"Well, I love FRODO. He is cute -- his innocence and bravery and weakness and eagerness and nobility all rolled into one are both adorable and touching. And I like Elijah Wood because he plays Frodo (and does a good job of it!). You're right, LotR would not be the same without Elijah and Orlando, there would be different actors, so it would be different. "

I'm in love w/ Frodo, and I like Elijah wood because he plays Frodo, and he's cute, too. Why am I in love w/ a book character? Dunno . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #16
mrs legolas
Sapling

Elijah...

I love Elijah...he was the best in *Radio Flyer*...
Did you all see him on David Letterman? He has changed alot I think from doing the movie...

And he is going to be 21 tomorrow!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

*as if he reads this*
Old 01-27-2002, 03:16 PM   #17
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Re: Who adores Elijah Wood?

Oooh! Me me me me me me! His eyes are sooo dreamy! I have a pic of him on the back of my Algebra book. I had never heard of him bfore LOTR, but I really like him now!!!!!!! As for Orlando Bloom, I have never seen a pic of him besides LOTR, so I guess I can't comment...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #18
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

One of my friends was in love with a cartoon character. Much fun from that.

I think they BOTH did a great job in there roles, especially know that I read the book. I heard a lot of people complain about how young Frodo looks, BUT 33 is about 21 in hobbit years (at least, that's how I see it), and he was well preserved, like Bilbo, because of the ring.

Also, they skipped the seventeen years between the party and his departure in the movie.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:41 PM   #19
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I've been in love with a cartoon character. I still have a framed picture of him (given to me by a friend). It's quite amusing.

I thought Frodo and the other hobbits looked about right age-wise. In non-movie pictures you can tell that the other three are older than Elijah, but in the movie it's not obvious.

Old 01-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #20
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

I saw him on David Letterman and all I have to say is I like the greens blues and reds. Toss the brown. Unless of course he's wearing the russet brown hobbit costume. I think that he is really cute in that outfit.
Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...