Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2002, 02:12 AM   #1
lyric
Sapling

Julian May

Has anyone read the Julian May series of books. I have just finished the first two and they are excellent. A very unique story plot. I have really enjoyed the books so far and look forward to reading the rest of the series

Time travelers go back to Earth's pre historic time, to escape the modern world. Only to find out that Aliens have arrived and are also living in this pre historic time. The humans are captured and used for breeding stock and other purposes. Some love life with Aliens and are rewarded with the wearing of silver or gold torcs(necklaces) which enhance their normal Psi abilities, and links them mentally with the Aliens. Others are plotting to have the time gate closed and over throw the Alien rulers. The first two books follow two groups of humans who came through the time gate together.

sorry to run on so, but they are excellent books
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 02:05 AM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I actually read the later ones first, the metapsychic Galactic Milieu trilogy! And then, I couldn't track down the Pliocene epoch ones at all! So, to date, I've read all the galactic ones, and not the earth pliocene ones. And they're all out of print....
Old 04-15-2002, 08:30 PM   #3
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
What's this about, I've never read this series, is it interesting?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 08:50 AM   #4
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

Beardo

Im sure you could buy them online - The pliocene series are fantastic , Im sure you would especially like Felis - now theres a babe !
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by viggosbeard
Beardo

Im sure you could buy them online - The pliocene series are fantastic , Im sure you would especially like Felis - now theres a babe !
Is Felis male? Because I only go for cute males (yes, I'm really this shallow ) ... since I'm female...

I will go and have a look. Amazon doesn't seem to have 'em.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:42 PM   #6
AACHOO
Enting

A great writer , every book worth multiple re-reads.
AACHOO is offline   Reply With Quote