Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #1
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Rush Limbaugh and Conservatism in America

Any fellow dittoheads out there? I'm a huge fan of Limbaugh and am very glad we finally got a Republican into the White House...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."

Last edited by galadriel88 : 01-13-2002 at 04:44 PM.
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:15 PM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I am not a big Rush fan, but I am as big a Consservative as they come!!!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Yay!

I'm not alone here! (In my conservatism, at least.) I was afraid no one wanted to talk about it, my thread had 5 views and no replies!!!!!!

Why do you not like Limbaugh? Is it because of his slight egotistical manner? I just kind of ignore that and skip straight to the knowledgable comments...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 07:29 PM   #4
emplynx

Oops. I didn't mean that I am against Limbaugh, I just don't listen to him much. I think if I did I would like him though... Sorry.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:13 PM   #5
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Long time R.L. viewer, listener, and subscriber. Let's hear it for the E.I.B. network!!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:52 PM   #6
Eowyn, The Lioness
Enting

Not much for limbaugh,

but I'm a veryconservative republican. I used to listen to him with my dad, but we stopped listening around the time Bob Dole was running for pres. My dad has been listening to him alot recently though. As for Bush, Kudos to him for the great job he's been doing, especially in these times.
Eowyn, The Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:00 PM   #7
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I am very conservative. We're pretty much a straight ticket family.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #8
Ben
Retired Ent

Ugh. Rush Limbaugh disgusts me.

Go ahead and continue with your precious "make the rich richer" tax cuts that are even more out of place in a recession. Celebrate your illegitimate, dimwit "president" hand-selected by his brother and the Supreme Court. Hope he was involved in the Enron scandal.

Sorry, had to get that in .

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #9
emplynx

*burns a tree for no reason and throws some black paper in the trash and sprays water in a ditch*

I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Old 01-15-2002, 01:17 PM   #10
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

hmmmm the richest 5 per cent pay almost 50% of the taxes collected by the government.
but then why bother, we obviously have a "brother algore" lover here.
hug a tree.
animals are good tasting.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:12 PM   #11
anduin
Entwife

Make that two.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 07:49 PM   #12
Alethes
Enting

I am very conservative and think that the majority of what Rush Limbaugh says is completely right.

And IMO Bush is doing a wonderful job as president.

On the subject of tax cuts: My family is not at all rich, and we had many medical bills this year. Tax cuts saved our necks.

On the subject of hoping that Bush was involved with Enron: Wouldn't it be better to hope he wasn't so that we could have an honest president?
-Proverbs 22:11

Last edited by Alethes : 01-16-2002 at 07:54 PM.
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:11 AM   #13
Kevin McIntyre
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
hmmmm the richest 5 per cent pay almost 50% of the taxes collected by the government.
but then why bother, we obviously have a "brother algore" lover here.
hug a tree.
animals are good tasting.
This maybe true (not sure on the pct myself). But that 5% has what % of the yearly wealth. If this 5% poplulation earns more than 50% of all income then why shouldn't they pay.

Of course arguing taxes is a futile argument. You'll run around in circles and end up with can't live with can't live without them.
Kevin McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:49 AM   #14
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I'm non-aligned.

Can some one please document were they are getting there numbers from?

Alethes

HOW did the tax cuts help with your familes medical cost?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 AM   #15
anduin
Entwife

Quote:
.....the majority of what Rush Limbaugh says is completely right.
Well you can't get any more "right" than Rush Limbaugh, can you?!
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:51 AM   #16
Griffin
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by anduin

Well you can't get any more "right" than Rush Limbaugh, can you?!
Okay, I gotta admit, that was good
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:22 PM   #17
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I concur. That was good.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 PM   #18
AACHOO
Enting

Rush is actually WAY too Liberal.......

Here ya go.........
Facts are facts...

The latest numbers are out … these for 1999 … on just what segment of our population pays what share of our income tax burden. As columnist Bruce Bartlett puts it, this is excellent anti-class-envy material.

Over the years there has been a steady progression in the shift of the responsibility for the payment of federal income taxes to high-achievers. As I have told you countless times, this is all according to plan – the plan to shift the entire responsibility for the payment of federal income taxes to a minority of the taxpayers.

This, of course, leaves the class-warfare party, the Democratic Party, free to soak the rich minority, who pay all the taxes, for the benefit of the lower- and middle-income majority, which pays virtually none of the income taxes. A sure vote-buying formula.

OK ... here's the latest from Bruce Bartlett's column:

For some historical reference Bartlett points out that in 1975 the top 1 percent of income earners in this country paid about 18.7 percent of all federal income taxes. Keep that figure in mind.

Now ... the figures for 1999. The top 1 percent of income earners now pay 36.2 of all federal income taxes. For those of you who attended government schools, that's over one-third. This is double their share of the tax burden from 1975.

If you have any brains at all, you will want to know just what share of total income this top 1 percent earned. After all, if they're earning 36.2 percent of the income, then they should be paying 36.2 percent of the income taxes. That would only be fair, wouldn't it?

Well, the fact is that this evil top 1 percent of income earners only earned 19.5 percent of the income in 1999. As Bartlett points out, their share of the income taxes exceeds their share of the income by almost 17 percent.

Now for some other income-earning segments.

If you're in the top 5 percent of income earners, your share of the income taxes paid went from 36.6 to 55.5 percent from 1975 to 1999.

The top 10 percent saw their share increase from 48.7 percent to 66.5 percent.

If you're in the top 25 percent, you're now paying 83.5 percent of the income taxes. In 1975 you paid 72 percent.

How about the top half? Your share is now at 96 percent. The bottom half pays 4 percent.

Guessing game. Of all the segments I mentioned above, which segment saw their share of the total income taxes paid actually go down in the last 25 years? You're right. Only one segment. The bottom 50 percent.

Another question. Which segment listed above has an income share that exceeds their share of the income taxes paid? Again, only one. The bottom 50 percent.

When these figures first came out in 1975, liberal Democrats in Congress denied them. They refused to believe the figures could be correct. They demanded that the Congressional Research Service develop the correct figures. After their own study was done, they found the figures were correct.

These figures never fail to amaze those who actually see them. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people in this country don't listen to talk radio and don't study Treasury publications. So, since these figures certainly aren't going to be featured on ABC News or "Entertainment Tonight," most people will never know.

Bottom line? The evil, hated rich most certainly are paying "their fare share" of the taxes and are richly deserving of a tax cut. Just try to say it ain't so.
AACHOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:00 PM   #19
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Thanks I'll check out the Treasury Dept, for this info.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-17-2002, 09:03 PM   #20
Kevin McIntyre
Elven Warrior

Why do the rich need a tax break. Granted by the numbers the rich pay an unbalanced tax. However its not like the tax code make everything a level playing field, the rich are still rich, and the poor are still poor - after the taxes. Now I'm not making any assumption as to the fairness, the liberality of what. The question really is what are we getting for our money?
Kevin McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote