Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Build your own hole

Now this might be a bit of a repeat (ie thread on hobbit holes on Route I 80) but after seeing the beautiful rendering of Bag End in the movie, I have been searching for plans to maybe build a hole of my own.

Here's a link to a site that seems to be on track for fessible constuction for the 21st cent.

www.stormbear.com/bagend2/

Anyone else have other intesting links or suggestions?

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

That, is soooo cool. I KNEW there would be a site like this surfacing sooner or later. And its such a good idea, useing the huge-@$$ cement pipes...Tho I imagine they'ed be rather expensive...the building Pipes and the Labor(thats includeing the rental of machinery), would prolly be the most expensive part of the whole project. But I'm not a contractor so I could easily be wrong.

OH! and another good thing about this is its Nuke freindly. The whole thing is like a tricked out bomb shelter! talk about ultimate security.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
Pailan
Elven Warrior

As I was looking at the enlargement of the plans I got a distinct feeling I had seen asomewhat similar design. Then it occurred to me, it looks like a hamster Habbit Trail set up.
Or should I say a Hobbit Trail.

I think I would perfer something more open and less tubular (sp?).

And FH, you're right it does seem to be a bit on the overkill side with the bomb shelter like materials.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote