Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2002, 11:40 PM   #1
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Language Forum?

Is there enough people on entmoot that speak or would like to speak quenyan to make a Forum devoted to languages? It would really help me. I really dont know how difficult this would be for the administrators so if it's to difficult and you think the ends are not worth the means then I understand. The purpose of this thread is just to find out if anybody would use it and to find out if its feasible.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:22 AM   #2
Ben
Retired Ent

Considering that the Spanish forum was a flop, I don't see how Quenyan would be more popular .

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 04:38 AM   #3
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Maybe a forum for ALL Tolkien's languages. Not only for quenya-speakers or quenya-writers, but for ones who would like to discuss about languages.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:57 AM   #4
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Well.... The Spanish Forum was made for the conveinence of spanish speaking users.Because of this only spanish speakers would join this forum. What I meant was a forum dedicated to learning the Tolkien language. The best way to learn or to not forget a language is to use it for a while. So it wouldnt be restricted to a certain language.
Im sorry for not making it clear what I meant. I meant all languages not just Quenyan.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
Kamyel
Hobbit

That sounds interesting. I know if we did something like that I would join in. My friend and I have been interested in learning elvish. A forum dedicated to Tolkien's languages would be very helpful.
Kamyel is offline   Reply With Quote