Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2002, 08:59 PM   #1
Quazar
Hobbit

Star Trek The Next Generation The last movie

Tell me, was anyone else out there as dissappointed in the last ST-TNG movie as I was.
I could quote several one hour episodes not to mention the two-part season enders that were far superior than the last movie. In fact with TNN running the series at 8:00 PM each night, I remember how much I liked, and miss the series.
Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 11:24 PM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

*wanders away uninterested*
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
Bombadil's PR Guy
Hobbit

You're right, Quaz, that there were some better TV episodes of TNG, but that movie was still better than just about all the Kirk movies. Seems like they need to fight some villain whose meddling with the primal forces of nature (okay the nexus was almost a good idea), rescue the Universe from the unravelling the fabric of reality, or some such grandiose humongous big hairy in scope vision kinda deal. The Borgs really aren't as frightening now as they were back when we first experienced them...just need to remodulate the shield frequencies, right? Put a dampening field around your life signs and you can sneak right up on the buggers.
How about that Next Gen, when all the Enterprises from parallel universes converged in one place, one from a reality where the Borg had killed Piccard, and they didn't want to go back?
Old 01-04-2002, 01:24 AM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yuck, Insurrection would have been pretty bad even just as a normal TNG episode. It was just a bad TNG episode that was put on the big screen because it had a big-budget explosion.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote