Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

Only read if you care about my personal life

I just wanted to let everyone know, like you all care or anything, that my boyfriend broke uup with me. Any weird changes in behavior can just be assumed to be caused by that event. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:37 PM   #2
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
:(

=*(

*hugs*
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 04:12 PM   #3
Darkhalcyon
Elven Warrior

of course i care! *huggle* i hope you feel better!!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

Thanks guys. I do feel better. I think we might be getting back together so everybody cross your fingers for me.

*insert hopeful smilely*
Old 12-09-2001, 12:09 AM   #5
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

God, this is worse than Tesseract12!!
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 12:18 AM   #6
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Ok, before you get all bent out of shape from my previous post, let me just say that I understand and I feel your pain. I only said what I said because I think that you have a lot of courage to post such a thing after the beating Tess took for doing something of a less personal nature. I don't think I could ever publicly post things about my love life. Sorry. No, I didn't have to read it, but I read, or try to read every post.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:27 AM   #7
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

See, that's exactly why I titled it thus. There was no need for you to post that first part like its a bad thing. It kinda hurt my feelings, Sister.

On a lighter note, we are back together.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:36 AM   #8
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by fireworks19
See, that's exactly why I titled it thus. There was no need for you to post that first part like its a bad thing. It kinda hurt my feelings, Sister.

On a lighter note, we are back together.
I'm very sorry. That is why I made the second post. I do understand that pain. Please forgive me if I was insensitive. I work with kids fireworks19, every day. That is my job. You may send me a PM if you wish. I am sorry that I upset you. There are certian things you don't or shouldn't talk about in public. I know the need to talk though.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:25 AM   #9
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

I don't think Sister meant to be cold-hearted.

I have a had a very fierce and rapid love-life lately. Lot of water under the bridge. And I feel very bad inside. I feel for you, fireworks.

"Orange is the new pink, and men are the new women."
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:49 PM   #10
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

Thanks, noldo.

Sister, you really have no place to judge what I should and should not talk about it public. This isn't exactly what I would call public, anyway. I'm not trying to be rude.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:58 PM   #11
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, noldo.

Sister, you really have no place to judge what I should and should not talk about it public. This isn't exactly what I would call public, anyway. I'm not trying to be rude.
This is more than public, this is the World Wide Web. You know what? I tried to redeem myself to you after the original post. That was obviously not good enough. Nomatter. I am not trying to be rude either, just honest. I am very happy you and you boyfriend patched things up, but you don't have to be an open book. Call a friend on the phone next time. We all have our crosses to bear. Get use to it. What is personal, keep personal. Sorry if you're offended.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:13 PM   #12
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

I don't have the option to call a friend on the phone right now, Sister. I just needed some support, and I thought I'd get it from the people here. Apparently there was a countdown to Anduin's wedding awhile back. I think that's a bit personal don't you? I'm not offended, I just don't see the need for that kind of comment at all. I'm not mad, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:34 PM   #13
Darth Tater
The man

SGH, leave fireworks alone! Yes, the WWW is very public, but obviously fireworks wants this here or it wouldn't be here! It's not your place to tell anyone else what they can and can't post, or what they should or shouldn't post.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 07:43 PM   #14
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
I don't have the option to call a friend on the phone right now, Sister. I just needed some support, and I thought I'd get it from the people here. Apparently there was a countdown to Anduin's wedding awhile back. I think that's a bit personal don't you? I'm not offended, I just don't see the need for that kind of comment at all. I'm not mad, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.
Likewise. Understand where I am coming from. A wedding, or the birth of a baby is a joyous occassion. Breaking up with ones spouse or boyfriend is not. People really don't want to hear bad news about other people. They have their own problems. The events on the six o'clock news are out of our control, but the things that happen to us that don't make the news are not. You are very young and I guarentee that later you would never wish to share this with others in this way. As I said before, my first post, I tried to make up for, even before your first reply to me. It apparently was not exceptable. I said I was sorry for th initial post and I have only posted now in response to your annoyance. This is as good as it gets. If it isn't enough, sorry.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:52 PM   #15
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
SGH, leave fireworks alone! Yes, the WWW is very public, but obviously fireworks wants this here or it wouldn't be here! It's not your place to tell anyone else what they can and can't post, or what they should or shouldn't post.
That is no problem Darth. I didn't think I was out of line anymore than everyone complaining about Tess. She responded, and I responded back. Am I in violation of your posting policy? You're the administrater, and about the same age too so that explains that. Now that I've stated my frank opinion, would you care to ban me? Afterall, "it's not a democracey" Your words.

Btw, In my second post, if anyone would bother to read it, I credited her with courage for this.

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair : 12-09-2001 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:19 PM   #16
Darth Tater
The man

Quote:
You're the administrater, and about the same age too so that explains that.
What does that mean?
Old 12-09-2001, 08:36 PM   #17
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:

What does that mean?
She is young, and so are you. I am not trying to be a smart butt. I explained myself in what I thought was a very polite manner to her. It was not good enough. I am not dictating to anyone what they should or shouldn't post. That is your job. But when you post personal problems, then be prepared that not all are going to be receptive and sympathetic. Learn that lesson, and spare yourself the pain of adding to the all ready existing problem.

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair : 12-09-2001 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:50 PM   #18
Darth Tater
The man

What does being young have to do with, well, any of this? And you should know you're walking a rather fine line at the moment (not in regards to insulting me, but in regards to insulting fireworks), so be carefull about how you word your response.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:08 PM   #19
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
What does being young have to do with, well, any of this? And you should know you're walking a rather fine line at the moment (not in regards to insulting me, but in regards to insulting fireworks), so be carefull about how you word your response.
Darth, at the moment I am not speaking to fireworks19, but to you. Am I supposed to regard this as a threat of banning by you? As for what does it have to do with being young? Everything. As far as insults, I never insulted Fireworks or you. Read again. I am not saying what she did was wrong, but by posting personal problems, you open yourself to critisism. That is just the lesson to be learned.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:32 PM   #20
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

I don't appreciate your comment about age, Sister. In fact, I strongly dislike it when anyone tries to use that trump card. Its unfair to automaticly assume that ANYONE is ignorant or naive simply because they have not been around very long. Your simple apology would have been more than enough, but you had to continue, and that's the part that bothers me.

Quote:
But when you post personal problems, then be prepared that not all are going to be receptive and sympathetic. Learn that lesson, and spare yourself the pain of adding to the all ready existing problem.
And in reference to THAT...I titled this thread such as it is for the purpose of weeding out comment like that. There really was no reason for you to reply if you weren't interested.