Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2001, 06:45 PM   #1
galadriel
Elven Warrior

X-Files

Who else saw the season premiere of X-Files yesterday?

I did, and I wasn't too happy. Ok, so I had a bunch of friends over for the occasion, and we were being loud and not paying too much attention to the parts that we disliked, so I probably missed a lot of important parts. Still....

The bottom line is, Mulder's gone missing, again. He seems to have a good reason for it, and Chris Carter, being the genius that he is, can probably create a decent plot line for it, but I'm still not happy. The X-Files started with Mulder; by going on without him, it's simply not the same show.

I understand that David Duchovny wanted out; after eight years of excellence, he deserves a break! They all do. Really, I would have preferred it if they'd ended the show last year, especially considering Gillian Anderson's plans to leave at the end of this season. Sometimes, it's better to end a good show before it starts to go downhill (although, I must say, X-Files hasn't shown any major signs of degradation, yet. Even most of the Mulder-abduction episodes weren't *too* bad, and some were really good.)

Ok, back to yesterday's episode. There were a lot of interesting new elements: Reyes' jerk-friend getting involved, the possibility of Scully's baby being not-so-normal after all, a new informant (sp?) who I am convinced is Mulder (or is that wishful thinking?) I'm still not that comfortable with Reyes, and the whole Xena-Aquagirl thing was quite weird.

And, well, no Mulder. Watching Doggett investigating is nowhere as great as watching Mulder eat sunflower seeds, quip with Scully, and stick his fingers into gooey substances on the ground, sometimes tasting them. (He does that constantly, look for it in the reruns!) What will we ever do without him???

Am I being too pessimistic? I do think that it might improve from here. Hopefully. The X-Files has been too good of a show to have a stinky last few seasons!

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:16 PM   #2
Darth Tater
The man

I was positive this season would suck, considering that there were only two good episodes last season, the premiere (which wasn't so great) and what was supposed to be the series finale (which was brilliant). However, though not a traditional X Files episode, last nights was trully great. It seemed to have new life, as if the show is finally finding out where to go after a few years of floundering. BTW, Mulder will be in the upcoming movie, and doncha think that was him naked in Skully's shower?
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
Sakata
Elven Warrior

yeah who was naked in her shower? that was weird. There where too many nude Xena scenes in it for me

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:01 PM   #4
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Yes, I did think that was him in her shower, but I wasn't positive.

Upcoming movie? There's going to be an upcoming movie???

dreamflower
Old 11-19-2001, 05:34 PM   #5
galadriel
Elven Warrior

i must say, last night's episode was pretty cool. we know more about mulder's disappearance and found out that Kersh isn't nearly as evil as we suspected. the scene where scully's searching through the lab for her name was frightening and heartbreaking all at once. i'm actually looking forward to the next ep!

dreamflower
Old 11-19-2001, 05:36 PM   #6
Darth Tater
The man

This weeks episode sucked, and the next one looks like a bunch of old ones all put together. I give up on the X Files, Alias is taking over that timeslot for me now
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 09:00 PM   #7
Lumina
Sapling

Is XF worth watching at ALL anymore? I live in Australia and the ninth season premiere hasn't aired here yet. I'd already planned to give it a miss when it does.

A couple of years back I was an obsessive X-Phile, but I stopped viewing regularly mid season six. I've always traced the show's steady decline from the beginning of season five - earlier than a lot of people would have it.

There's going to be a second movie?? Wouldn't that be a huge financial risk considering the show's not a quarter as popular as it once was??
Old 02-03-2002, 06:35 PM   #8
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Um, yeah, I was also really into the X-Files. But Season 7 was terrible and from there it just got worse.

I heard that was going to be a new movie, and DD would be in it.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 05:05 AM   #9
Legolas_BowKing
Banned

what are the X-files?
Legolas_BowKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:00 AM   #10
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

The X-files!! A show that was once really cool. About aliens, governments conspiracy, the paranormal, unsolved cases, the FBI, unresolved sexual tension, and lots of good stuff!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:34 AM   #11
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Oh my god!
Does anybody feel so old now? There's a new generation coming up that has never heard of X-Files. That show was IT when I was in high school, and that was not that long ago for me.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 09:59 AM   #12
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I am the only one in my school who likes X Files!

I actually liked the funny ep's in season 7 like Hollywood AD and i'm not in America so i havent senn the new series yet but still!

When is the new movie?

I like Alias too but it hasn't got the appeal to last 9 seasons!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 08:35 AM   #13
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I just bought a Series 8 box set!!!!!

woo hooo!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:33 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

See, here it is. This can be the "spoilers" thread. I just didn't look back far enough and didn't know about this one before.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:35 AM   #15
azalea
Long lost mooter

SPOILER:

I thought that was very unbelievable last night. I mean, doesn't Scully know that the aliens will find William no matter where he is? They've always found anybody they needed to in the past. What are they doing, getting rid of every character?
Old 04-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #16
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

SPOILER BELOW

I had forgotten about Spender completely. Why didn't she keep William? I mean since Spender injected him with that stuff, the aliens couldn't use him anymore could they? He would be normal, right? I thought that's what Spender said when she figured out who he was. Oh well, at least the make-up guy had fun.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 02:32 PM   #17
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yeah I wondered about that too (why didn't she just keep him).
Old 04-29-2002, 02:41 PM   #18
olsonm
Elf Lord

Spender said that the aliens "would never forget what he was, and would never accept what he had become.", or some such thing. I guess he was saying that William was the crux of the aliens plan, and that they would come after him because they're vindictive SOB's. She knew that the aliens could find her, and she didn't want to go into hiding herself, so the double-blind adoption.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:34 PM   #19
azalea
Long lost mooter

DOUBLE -BLIND!? OHHHHH, now she'll never find him.
I personally wouldn't have believed Spender or followed his council. The dirty rat.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:05 PM   #20
olsonm
Elf Lord

Yeah, but he loked so sad with all his burns and that bullet hole in his face.