Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Belwen_of_nargothrond
Enting

Dreams

Is anyone else out there so obsessed with Tolkien's works that they've had dreams about some of the characters? I have several times. I've dreamed about Legolas at least twice, Gil-Galad once, and last night, I had a wonderful dream about Thranduil though Legolas did make an appearance. These dreams are the kind that you wish you would never awaken from. One night I dreamed I was being led through a beautiful though dark forest. A male was with me but I didn't know him. We walked silently down this path in the forest when we came upon a small cottage. I turned to him for the first time and he bowed to me. He had long blond hair and he was wearing a white elvish robe with blue trim. He motioned toward the cottage and I looked inside. There was nothing more than a fireplace and a table with two chairs. Sitting at the table was a beautiful woman with long raven black hair. She was wearing a long silver robe. She motioned for me to enter and that was when I woke up. I suppose I'm just strange.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Mari
Elf Lady

That sounds like a very nice dream.
I don't really remember the dreams I have in my sleep, but I create my own "dreams" before I go to sleep. Instead of counting sheep I guess.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Belwen_of_nargothrond
Enting

Dreams

The dream I had last night about Thranduil was strange. Usually when I dream about a character, he takes on the image of the actor that portrays him such as Orlando Bloom as Legolas. For Thranduil I had no face to give him. All I've seen were a few artists drawings of how they saw him, but he was nothing like that in my dream. He was tall and well built. He wore green breeches with gold trim and he had on matching arm and wrist bands on. His hair came to the middle of his back and he had it pulled back similar to Legolas, but different. He was very handsome. Anyway, he was like no one I've ever seen before and I don't know where my subconscious mind got his image from but I liked it!