Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Kingdom Hearts I and II

Has anyone here played Kingdom Hearts or KH2 ( RPGs for PS2)?
I have played both through and I must say they are absolutely fantastic. I`ll try to sum up the idea of the first game here: a 14- year- old boy Sora is living on Destiny Island with his friends. His best friends are Riku, a 15- year- old boy, and Kairi, a girl who is 14. One night a storm of darkness violates the island and everyone is whisked away into other worlds. Sora meets Donald Duck and Goofy, the royal wizard and the captain of the royal knights, who are looking for their king (King Mickey- surprise surprise) and they decide to move on together. Different worlds - mostly Disney, like Tarzan and Agrabah, are plagued by dark beings called the Heartless. Sora received a mysterious weapon called the Keyblade just before he was thrown out of his home island, and the Heartless chase the Keyblade wielder relentlessly. Looking for Riku, Kairi and King Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy trtavel through various worlds, helping the Disney characters - even Winnie the Pooh! The game also features guest characters from the Final Fantasy series, for example, the player may challenge Sephiroth himself! Comments and questions are welcome.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
Mari
Elf Lady

You also have a version for the Gameboy Advance, but allthough I liked the story I don't like the gameplay.
Unfortunately I do not own a PS2

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
You also have a version for the Gameboy Advance, but allthough I liked the story I don't like the gameplay.
Unfortunately I do not own a PS2
How come you don´t like the gameplay? Kingdom Hearts is one of the best games ever.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
Mari
Elf Lady

I don't like walking from room to room with black blobs randomly moving about. And having to choose cards to fight etc. I prefer Lunar Legend, Breath of Fire, or Golden Sun and that sort of games.
But as I said: the story was good.
My favorite game is Suikoden II, unfortunately I can't play 3 and onward, since I do not have a PS2...

Old 04-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Moving to Entertainment Forum...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

I have heard very good things about this game in production - it'll use a new HD engine and try to bring an almost Tolkieneuqe real world approach to the Dungeon world it inhabits with real feelings, clans, ties, action consequences and a really developed world structure as opposed to a mere series of enemies.

It is also supposed to have comic moments too.

Sounds extremely interesting.

www.heroherohero.com

Last edited by Butterbeer : 04-07-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
I don't like walking from room to room with black blobs randomly moving about. And having to choose cards to fight etc. I prefer Lunar Legend, Breath of Fire, or Golden Sun and that sort of games.
But as I said: the story was good.
My favorite game is Suikoden II, unfortunately I can't play 3 and onward, since I do not have a PS2...
Oh, haven´t you seen the PS2 version at all? It is completely different, no choosing cards, it´s real-time fighting. That Gameboy version is just kinda odyssey to regain Soras memories. Haven´t heard of any of the games you mentioned, so I can´t comment on that. Anyways, I failed winning Sephiroth in the first game, but managed to win him in the second one. He was nasty!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
Mari
Elf Lady

On Youtube I saw some movies made of the PS2 versions and it made me want to play it, that's why I played the GBA version. They shouldn't have changed the play of the game then, because I really dislike that kind of gameplay.
You haven't heard of or played Golden Sun, Lunar Legend or Suikoden!!?!?!!
Go wash your mouth!!!
But really: these games really have quite a good story and an okay gameplay, so should you have time and a GBA or PS1, play them! I especially like Suikoden (2), allthough if you want to have all characters, the game can get a bit boring, but the interaction between characters is great and the story is quite dramatic.
However 2 is a repetition of 1 only better, so if you have to choose, I would say Suikoden 2 is better.
Sorry, I got a bit carried away...

Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
I have heard very good things about this game in production - it'll use a new HD engine and try to bring an almost Tolkieneuqe real world approach to the Dungeon world it inhabits with real feelings, clans, ties, action consequences and a really developed world structure as opposed to a mere series of enemies.

It is also supposed to have comic moments too.

Sounds extremely interesting.

www.heroherohero.com

Indeed it looks interesting. And it seems to be a lot like Fable. You know that game? I had really high hopes for it, but in the end it turned out to be way too easy. That or I am simply too good.
But that doesn't really have much to do with Hero. I might play it when it comes out. Allthough I don't think it will actually come out here in Japan. Did you know it is incredibly difficult to buy CD-Roms here? And that they are terribly expensive? In contrast to PS2 games. The cheapest PS2 games are like 500 yen or something, which is 3,50 Euro, which is 4,25 Dollars or so. They just have too much of those things, so that's probably why they are so cheap.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord
Anyways, I failed winning Sephiroth in the first game, but managed to win him in the second one. He was nasty!
Oh, and congrats! Beating the boss always makes you feel good... and sad because that is the end of a great game.
Where have I heard the name Sephiroth before? *thinking real hard*
Can't remember.
(I don't know why I couldn't just write all my comments in one answer.)

Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
my brother play's it and i have played it too it is a pretty awsome game! i haven't beat part 1 or 2 yet though
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Oh, and congrats! Beating the boss always makes you feel good... and sad because that is the end of a great game.
Where have I heard the name Sephiroth before? *thinking real hard*
Can't remember.
(I don't know why I couldn't just write all my comments in one answer.)
Thank you. It isn´t sad, he was an optional boss, and I have a saving in a proper place so I can challenge him whenever I want. Now I have defeated him 5 times.
Sephiroth made his deput in Final Fantasy VII, if I´m correct.
In the very beginning of the battle, there´s a reaction test: block Sephi´s attack or lose more than ½ of your energy. After that there´s a chance to strike back. If one is using a correct sword, he/she should be able to deal him a nice 16-hit-combo attack. With right equipment, it should almost take out one energybar of his (he has 15! , while the most difficult main bosses have about 6 or so.) After repeating blocking his ordinary and reaction attacks (RA later) a few times, if you wander too close to him after beating him, he says "Perish now!" and scorches Sora with infernal 10-metre high flames. He keeps repeating this every now and then. His other tricks are "Become a heartless angel!" - takes out all macig power and leaves 1(!) energy point, after which he always executes the RA. When he´s running out of health bars, he gains more speed and attack power and starts to glow red. Then he can shower Sora with meteorites. And one thing he does all the time, he keeps appearing (he can teleport) behind Soras back and flinging him into air. With all this and his 180-cm samurai sword this "One-winged Angel" is a brutal enemy.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #13
Mari
Elf Lady

Sounds... impossible? But you said you beat the guy 5 times, which means that... you are too good?

And here we have the prove that my signature is true

O yeah, FF7 I was playing that one, but I never finished it. I got bored halfway through allthough I'm sure it's a great game.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #14
Noble Elf Lord

It isn´t impossible, one just has to have good reflexes. And no, I´m not too good, it isn´t certain that I defeat him everytime. Six victories now! I´ll be happy with my talents once I defeat him twice with the weakest sword, Sweet Memories. It doesn´t enhance attack power at all, so that will be a challenge.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
It isn´t impossible, one just has to have good reflexes. And no, I´m not too good, it isn´t certain that I defeat him everytime. Six victories now! I´ll be happy with my talents once I defeat him twice with the weakest sword, Sweet Memories. It doesn´t enhance attack power at all, so that will be a challenge.
good luck

Old 04-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #16
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
good luck

Say, did you meet/battle anyone called Marluxia in the GBA version? A guy in a black robe wielding a great scythe? Or anyone else from the organisation XIII? (Does this mean 13?) They are (from the leader): Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexion(or Lexaeus or smt like that), Zexion, Saix, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene (only woman) and Roxas. Their nicknames are (Xemnas doesn´t have one): Freeshooter, Wind Lancer, Chilly Academic, Silent Hero, Cloaked Schemer, Luna Diviner, Flurry of Dancing Flames, Melodious Nocturne, Gambler of Fate, Graceful Assassin, Savage Nymph and Key of Destiny. (Roxas wields two Keyblades. Think about his name and you´ll find out how.)

Last edited by Noble Elf Lord : 04-13-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Noble Elf Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
Mari
Elf Lady

I swear I tried to reply yesterday, but somehow all the things I submitted yesterday are non-existent today...
Anyway, I never got that far in the game.
I am either so enchanted by a game that I keep playing non-stop 'till I finish it or I quit halfway-through or sometimes even at the beginning.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #18
Noble Elf Lord

Oh bother. I asked because in the beginning of the KH2, it looks like Sora is battling Marluxia in Castle Oblivion, and when I view Marluxia´s info in Jiminy´s Journal, it says he´s been eliminated.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:55 AM   #19
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
good luck
Hooray! I have now defeated him once with Sweet Memories! That sure proved to be the ultimate challenge. And sometime ago, I started the game with Proud Mode, so it has more difficult enemies, and I have almost finished it now. Just have to whack Xemnas back into the nought from whence he came. Gee, that game sure does test one´s reflexies...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Hooray! I have now defeated him once with Sweet Memories! That sure proved to be the ultimate challenge. And sometime ago, I started the game with Proud Mode, so it has more difficult enemies, and I have almost finished it now. Just have to whack Xemnas back into the nought from whence he came. Gee, that game sure does test one´s reflexies...
Wow, you sure love that game don't you! Congratulations on beating it with the impossible sword and good luck on beating it in the impossible mode
Is it turn based? Because I am rather good at turn based fighting, but when it comes to having to move around yourself, I am a sucker. I don't have much reflexes to speak of.
Also congrats on having your own avatar I didn't see that last time.