Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2000, 08:06 PM   #1
thrawn96

The interview and a question

I read the interview that ezboard did with ben and tristan. That was pretty cool. You guys are getting good publicity with this BB, and I think its only gonna get better.
Now to my question...what happened to greeting people in the opening message thingy? You mentioned that in the interveiw, and now its gone. What happened?
Old 10-05-2000, 08:37 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: The interview and a question

Thanks. Well that's one problem when an interview is released months after it has been taken :/

Basically, I was the only admin who ever did this. Anduin did it occasionally and I think IP did, Tater never did it. There were just so many members, and I haven't been able to come to the board as frequently because of my schedule. The names would only go up once I saw them, which could be days after the person joined. Anduin just deleted it one day and no one has put the names up since. The thing was usually out of date, and I couldn't do it alone, so we thought it would be best to "retire" it.
Old 10-05-2000, 09:19 PM   #3
anduin

!!!!

YOU were the only one who ever put the names at the top?? I know for a fact that I did it more than anyone. And of course, it was my idea!

:lol:
Old 10-05-2000, 09:42 PM   #4
thrawn96

Re: !!!!

Well, thats a good reason. But Entmoot just loses something without it. I think you guys should just put some kind of message like "Welcome all new members of Entmmot" or something to bring back the welcoming feeling.
Old 10-06-2000, 05:23 PM   #5
Darth Tater

That's a good idea. With our busy schedules it's a wonder Ben and I even get to read posts here now a days! I haven't updated anything at the trail for weeks
Old 10-07-2000, 02:30 AM   #6
anduin

It is true that things aren't like the old days. Things eventually had to become a bit impersonal. There was a time that I couldn't conceive of NOT reading every post....now I am lucky to get through the "major" threads....whatever that means. Hehe, maybe we are just getting old Tater!!
Old 10-07-2000, 05:05 PM   #7
captain Tarpols

hmm yeah.. the interview was taken in July. That was when my board actually got posts
Old 10-09-2000, 02:43 PM   #8
Darth Tater

Yeah, definately old, definately, definately old.
Old 10-13-2000, 08:02 PM   #9
Shanamir Duntak

Poor old thing...

I think you should put the
"congratulation to Shanamir Duntak, our first Lord" Up again! :lol:
Old 10-13-2000, 08:07 PM   #10
Xivigg

Shan i strongly suggest that you put this stories of the first lord down for a while

cause i know were you live :lol:
Old 10-13-2000, 08:47 PM   #11
Shanamir Duntak

oh yeah? I know where YOU live too!!! :lol: