Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Red, White, & Boom

Didn't want to start another thread with a similiar title (I'm learn'n...must be my new Elf Lord status....yup, went right to my head ).....But I couldn't post in the old July 4th thread I found .....thus......

Anyway, Sunday July 3rd is going to be the big fireworks day in many counties, though I don't know why....so many of us get the 4th off anyway. Maybe I'll go to a couple of different Red, White, & Booms this year....

I'm by myself on the 4th though and don't want to go anywhere's by myself because I'm really quite pathetic about standing 'alone' at public events....guess it got 'old' for me say like 30 years ago...LOL

Anyway, Happy Birthday America and I'll raise a beer to you in salute this weekend at the lake...

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
Anyway, Happy Birthday America and I'll raise a beer to you in salute this weekend at the lake...

You drink too much and this thread will probably be closed since everyone's quite had enough with USA shouts......

Quit baiting me!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Old 06-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
You drink too much and this thread will probably be closed since everyone's quite had enough with USA shouts......

Quit baiting me!

Lie off, lake girl, you could use a drink!

*talking to herself again, EB leaves for the lake*

Happy to be here

Old 06-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Thank God... I thought this was going to be another Orlando Bloom fangirl thread .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Thank God... I thought this was going to be another Orlando Bloom fangirl thread .

Ok, that was FUNNY!

What are you doing on the 4th???

Happy to be here

Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Nothing, to my knowlege . My family doesn't usually "do" anything for the fourth of July, except maybe eat out or something .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

We usually go to 2 events - the 3rd of July fireworks party in a large park in a nearby town (we go with our camping buddies, usually about 50 of us - good food, kids all know each other, and lots of room for them to run around and buy fun little trinkets and watch the fireworks) and our cul-de-sac block party on the 4th, complete with tons of food, water slide jumpers, and shooting off illegal fireworks (the cops and firemen that live nearby come and join right in! ) This year, we'll just do the cul-de-sac party, because we're heading off to Ecuador just a few days later and it would be too much to handle to do both.

Yay America! (and yay to the other countries that Mooters are from, too, but a special yay to America on her birthday!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:20 AM   #8
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

happy independence day americans, now where's will smith and those danged aliens?
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #9
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
happy independence day americans, now where's will smith and those danged aliens?

I think he's an vaca while Tom Cruise does the saving this summer....

Happy to be here

Old 07-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #10
katya
Elven Maiden

Tom Cruise is going to save us from anti-depressants or what?...

Today for 4th of July I woke up, tried to find some red white and blue clothers (that was a typo but I kinda liked it^^) and watched the parade. It's funny because it's a real small town thing. The parade was basically fire trucks, ambulance, school bus, and then a bunch of vans with flags and signs advertising local businesses. The coolest thing was this big huge army vehicle thing. It was neat looking and they were throwing these National Guard lanyards but I didn't get one. *cries*

I came home, changed into some different r w and b clothes, and I don't know about fireworks tonight.. it's a little rainy. I talked to my friend on the phone for a while. Not too exciting. I mean not an exciting day. I had a nice chat.

I am listening to David Bowie's "Fashion" right now and I just remembered I had a dream about singing it.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 AM   #11
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I spent the July 4th weekend in Philadelphia. Saw the historic sites and stuff again.

Went to the Constitution Center again - it is a nice place. I might post some pictures of some of their new security

The security in Philadelphia was a bit ridiculous - cops everywhere (due to Live 8 and all the tons of events in celebration of July 4th).

Then tons of park rangers AND private police - most with guns.

They built a new building for the Liberty Bell - you have to go through security just like at AIR PORTS - only difference is that you can keep your shoes on :P Then there were other ridiculous security measures - and barricades in the way everywhere - limiting where you can enter and exit.

Events and tours were fun. Lots of fun concerts. They gave some award to Elton John who was there.
-----

The exhibit "Eyes Wide Open - The Human Cost of the War in Iraq" was very moving - with a pair of boots on display for every soldier killed in Iraq - 1476 I believe was the total when I saw it. They also had a sampling of Civilian shoes to represent the killed Iraqis.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wow elton john can really get around .... he was at Hyde park for live 8 (on the second)

it really is ironic that the liberty bell is so controlled by security measures .. do you guys think the price you are paying for 'homeland security' is too much in terms of your freedoms?

isn't it better to fight for freedom by allowing freedoms, not curtialing them in the name of protecting homeland freedom etc?

I understand post 9-11 why ... but whats the feeling over there.... are freedoms being eroded in their own name? or will it all calm down a bit as time goes by?

congrats on your independence from us evil english

... kind of a funny one for us Brits ... but if theres a party going ... hell! we'll join in!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-05-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Yeah, Elton John really likes Philadelphia and he had just flown out from the UK.

One of the events was a screening of the 1776 musical movie (A GREAT musical and movie) and Ben Franklin says something like :

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - many people in the audience applauded.

Yeah, tons of new security post 911 everywhere. It stinks.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #14
EarthBound

Went to Lake Placid, New York (where the 1980 winter Olympics were held) for the 4th, WOW, very beautiful. Had a micro-beer at the pub overlooking the lake on the balcony afterwards. Great night! The best 4th I've ever had to date...

Happy to be here

Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 AM   #15
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Go America (I think)!! Happy B-day, ect. I had a blast of a time. Went to a party at a friend's house- nice big bash. Totally annihilated some people with water balloons (and other apparatus). A splash, for sure. But it was fun. (I'll not mention the fact that I got COOKED on top and anything long-sleeved is rather painful. )
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote