Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2000, 10:06 PM   #1
etherealunicorn

Farewell...

Just one final comment from me:

Granted I have not been around much in the past couple of months until just recently, but until now I have not had bad feelings toward the board. But frankly, I am sick of being snubbed when all I have done was try to be friendly and join in the general discussion. But there will be no need to trouble with me in the future, because I am tired of wasting my time with this. Admittedly, some of you have been civil and perhaps I cannot really relate to a lot of this community's lifestyle, but it just isn't worth this.

So, I wish you all the best. I hope that all of your lives go for you as you wish, for I will not be back to inquire.

Peace
Old 11-01-2000, 10:22 PM   #2
Johnny Lurker

Hmmm...

I have no idea where that came from.

*does some digging*
Old 11-01-2000, 10:26 PM   #3
Fat middle

Re: Farewell...

i'm sorry to hear that

"forever farewell. if we do meet again..."
Old 11-01-2000, 11:24 PM   #4
Elbreth of Carhouth

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, really I do. If I'm at all to blame, then I apologize now.
You will be missed, and I do hope you eventually give us another chance...
But so long until later, if you really are going.
Old 11-02-2000, 12:10 AM   #5
bmilder

What the heck? What happened? *clueless*

Whatever happened, please feel free to email me with any trouble you may have found, maybe give links to topics, name names... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 11-02-2000, 12:16 AM   #6
anduin

Whoa....wait!!

What exactly happened? I saw the reply JL *darts a dirty look his way* posted in your Halloween thread....I am sure he has some sort of explaination....at least he better. But that can't be all of it.....you also mentioned not relating to this community's lifestyle. Do you find it different since you have been back? I will admit a lot has changed since you left, but I'm wondering if you think the board "feels" different. I always wonder about these things. :/

If it will make a difference, I want you to stay! I have always enjoyed your commentary, not to mention women at this board are too few. Your voice adds to this community, and therefore will be missed.
Old 11-02-2000, 12:50 AM   #7
Darth Tater

Re: Whoa....wait!!

Ooh, don't leave us! You're so nice! Please come back, if you leave you'll be sorely missed
Old 11-02-2000, 04:44 AM   #8
IronParrot

Re: Whoa....wait!!

What the hell? Wait! No! Come back!

Come back...
Old 11-02-2000, 04:49 AM   #9
Johnny Lurker

Oh, great.

Just when I was thinking that I couldn't possibly have anything to do with this sorry episode...

Well, thanks for pointing that out, anduin... I think...

But just to point something out... you'll notice that although I was the only one to respond to _your_ Halloween thread, you beat bmilder to the punch, and he started an "official" thread, which I think was a continuation of yours, which has so far accrued 16 responses.

So please, don't take it (that particular episode, anyways) as a snub... the conversation was just... rerouted.

Oh, and anduin, you really don't want to know why I frowned there. You really do not. Don't go there.
Old 11-02-2000, 04:52 AM   #10
IronParrot

Re: Oh, great.

Without going into too many details without his permission...

Let's just say JL doesn't like Halloween. And leave it at that.

Judging from the context of his post, and knowing him as well as I do... his "frowning" there had nothing to do with etherealunicorn...
Old 11-02-2000, 08:36 AM   #11
noldo

Awww... Look at that...

You guys suck.
Old 11-02-2000, 05:15 PM   #12
Gilthalion

Well, sorry, I reckon! I guess I was just oblivious and perhaps I should have responded to her posts. I was just oblivious, I guess.
Old 11-02-2000, 06:22 PM   #13
bmilder

Actually JL, if you look at the dates, I started my Halloween about 365 days before she started hers . I was planning to bring mine up, and it wasn't intended to supersede eu's. Anyway, we've talked to her on instant messenger, and she isn't as mad at the board as she had indicated in this post.
Old 11-02-2000, 07:22 PM   #14
Shanamir Duntak

Will she come back?

It would be sad to lose a good member for such an incomprehension
Old 11-02-2000, 08:18 PM   #15
emilsson

If you really are leaving then I hope life goes well wherever it will take you. Also, I wish to say I enjoyed many of your topics .
Old 11-03-2000, 12:31 AM   #16
anduin

JL.....

I can understand not liking a particular thing....but it seems to me that you would just ignore the thread. But if you feel like you must make a statement, then try making one that isn't so ambiguous.
Old 11-03-2000, 01:17 AM   #17
Darth Tater

Re: JL.....

I don't wanna speak for her, but I think EU might just be taking a break.
Old 11-03-2000, 01:55 AM   #18
Johnny Lurker

bmilder et al...

bmilder, you are, as usual, correct. And so, etherealunicorn, I will pass on to you a word of advice which I have shared with quite a few people...

Ignore what I say, because it's of no consequence.

anduin... don't go there means don't go there. If you wish to "discuss" it, head over to IronParrot's board, and you'll soon wish you hadn't gone there (the cliché, not the board).
Old 11-03-2000, 07:10 AM   #19
Elanor

Re: bmilder et al...

ouch. That makes me realize that I, as a member of ENTMOOT, haven't been as welcoming as I should be to members who don't make a big effort to be noticed (Face it, some people get noticed because they either talk a lot or show off). I wonder how many other people have wonderful things to contribute but might feel "snubbed" because of misunderstandings. I hope etherealunicorn will come back!
Old 11-03-2000, 01:10 PM   #20
anduin

*sigh*

JL......I don't want to discuss. It is of no interested to me. But what is interesting is for someone who doesn't want to discuss something you sure do keep brining it up. My point was to let you know that if you DON'T want to talk about something....keep your mouth closed.