Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2000, 12:18 AM   #1
galadriel1

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!

Hi all. Remember me? Long time no type! hehe I just popped in to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I know it`s still a bit early but I don`t get to the boards much anymore. I`m not online near as much as I used to be. I do a lot of computer work in my current job, sometimes 8 hours a day. When I get home, it`s about the last thing I want to do. How`s everyone? I miss reading the posts and gabbing. Hey Eruve, it`s skating season! There`s already been a lot of great skating programs on tv! Have you been watching any of the skating? I hope you all are well and enjoying the holidays! I love this time of year but it sure is exhausting! But it`s so much fun! It sure feels like Christmas here! It`s been in the 20s and 30s (and lower at times) for many weeks now! Happy Holidays! Happy Chanukah! Joyeaux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Buon Natale! And Merry Christmas! And a happy, healthy, grand New Year to you all as well! Take care. -G.
Old 12-14-2000, 01:04 AM   #2
gdl96

Re: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!

Welcome back!

I'm Jewish, so I'll take the "Happy Holidays" greeting.
Thanx and Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-14-2000, 02:43 AM   #3
Eruve

I'm not Jewish, so I'll take Merry Christmas and wish you one right back, Galadriel! Yup, I've been watching skating... I even went to see Skate Canada live this year. It was great, I saw the world champions in all 4 disciplines compete. I'm going to the Grand Prix Final next year; I can't wait!!

Happy Holidays to all!!!
Old 12-14-2000, 03:19 AM   #4
Xivigg

Merry Xmas for those who want it

and a happy holyday for everyone
Old 12-14-2000, 03:26 AM   #5
anduin

Gabby!! Glad to see you and happy holidays!
Old 12-14-2000, 05:28 PM   #6
Gilthalion

Merry Christmas Indeed!

And God Bless Us Everyone!
Old 12-14-2000, 08:37 PM   #7
dunedain lady

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Kwanza, or simply the celebration of the fact that we get off school for a week, and may the Holy SPOON bless you all!
Old 12-14-2000, 08:45 PM   #8
Darth McClain

Re: Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Old 12-14-2000, 11:53 PM   #9
emilsson

Hey, nice to see you again . It's been too long since the last time.

Merry Christmas to you and to all the rest .
Old 12-15-2000, 02:27 AM   #10
HOBBIT

I name this day HOBBIT day.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:35 PM   #11
Miralys

Happy Holidays or whatever you personally call it. I won't be around for a few weeks. I'm going home to see the family and all that good stuff. Have a good one and every one be safe!
Old 12-16-2000, 07:17 PM   #12
SilvaRanger

Re: Happy Holidays

Hey someone beat me to it , oh well if I may I'd like to wish one and all Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, whatever makes you feel good And peace for the world.
Old 12-17-2000, 07:56 PM   #13
Grand Admiral Reese

Re: Happy Holidays

Happy Holiday's to everyone!
Old 12-18-2000, 03:56 AM   #14
Niffiwan

Wow.
All of you are really happy about this occasion.
All of you are wishing each other happy holidays in the traditional style.

It seems that even though this board has more members, my other board has far more pessimistic members:

pub7.ezboard.com/fpublicc...=509.topic

Feel free to join the discussion...
Old 12-23-2000, 06:55 AM   #15
arynetrek

Re: ...

Greetings (Merry Met) everyone!

and Blessed Yule, because no one's said that yet (even though that one's over with...)

went to the local Winter Solsticelebration last night...3rd straight year going...i think those things get better every year. imagine about 250-300 imaginative, intelligent, highly spiritual & accepting people in a room together celebrating life, darkness, light, community, & difference - words cannot describe how incredible it was. much fun was had, many tears were shed of happiness & just a little sorrow, & every single person in the church building sang. and old friends returned from college, many who i hadn't seen in 4 months.

i hope y'all have an equally wonderful experience sometime soon.

whichever holiday you celebrate, be merry.

aryne *
Old 12-30-2000, 05:35 AM   #16
galadriel1

Greetings once again.

How was everyone`s holiday? Mine was very nice. We had an Italian-flavored Christmas this year. My brother`s wife is originally from Italy. She brought this game that she and her family play every Christmas called Tombola. It`s kind of like Bingo / Lotto but much more fun, especially the more people you have playing. It got quite riotous! We were yelling out the numbers in English, Italian, Spanish and French. It was hysterical! We played for almost 3 hours! We had all of this turkey and veggies and stuffed cabbage, etc. and Anna was hungry for pizza! So, we had pizza and pannetone, too! Yum yum! It was a lot of fun! And quite loud! Hey gdl, I wished you a Happy Chanukah so I didn`t leave you out. Eruve, good to see you are enjoyng the skating. I`ve never been to any of the live competitions. I bet that was interesting. That`s one of the competitions that I missed on tv this year. There have been some very interesting routines thisyear especially in pairs and dance. The Grand Prix has been good this year. We`ll have to start up a skating thread. You sent me some boards last year but I can`t seem to find them. Help! Hey Anduin! I`ve been meaning to email you but misplaced your address. I know I have it somewhere. I`ll have to dig it up and send you an email or two. You all have a Happy New Year! I hope it`s a happy and healthy year for all filled with good friends, great times and wonderful memories! Talk to you all next year! heehee -G.
Old 12-30-2000, 05:56 AM   #17
galadriel1

Re: Winter Solstice

Arynetrek: That sounds like you had an interesting, wonderful experience. Ever been to New York for the solstice? St. John the Divine has a very nice celebration. It`s cool to be in Church as the dawn approaches and the sun starts to come through the stained glass windows and envelope the entire church in color and light. It`s a gorgeous church/cathedral! The music and singing and communion of spirits was wonderful. And yes, it was sad, too, remembering those who have passed on throughout the seasons. There was a special prayer and song for them. It was a beautiful service. It`s been a few years but the feeling and wondrous time are still etched in memory. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. If any of you have Solstice festivities in your area, go and participate next year. I`m quite sure that you will enjoy the experience. Thanks all for the greetings. It`s nice to be welcomed back and nice to know I`m missed. This is my favorite board of the ezboard community. You guys are the best! Take care all. Happy New Year! -G.
Old 12-30-2000, 06:12 AM   #18
galadriel1

HEy! I don`t remember putting that little character on my posts! Btw, how do I do line and paragraph breaks since the html is disallowed? Please help! And when do I get my title to be an elf? heehee I AM the Elven Queen, you know? Just teasing you there, Ben. Elf is tired and getting silly. Good night all.
Old 12-31-2000, 03:32 AM   #19
bmilder

Just space it out in this little text box, it will turn into

paragraph breaks

on the screen.

The title under the name is based on how many posts you've had. Unfortunately, ezboard didn't think to track any posts until approximately February of this (soon to be last) year, so any posts you made in 1999 and early 2000 are not recorded, and thus it thinks you only have 17 posts. 1-3 posts Sapling rank, 4-50 Hobbit, 51-100 Enting, 101-500 Elven Warrior, 501-unknown, Elf Lord. Once you hit 500 you might get a custom title too.
Old 12-31-2000, 05:59 AM   #20
Elanor

Happy new years and welcome back Galadriel!

And welcome to Darth McClain, seeing as that is your first post, and assuming you're not someone's alias (we have lots of tricky alias-makers here)!

*Elanor shakes shame fingers at the admins for being unobservant*

Everyone have happy holy days and merry days for all your life!