Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2004, 03:21 AM   #1
Beren3000
FĂ«anorophobic

The Godfather

I've recently watched the movie after reading Mario Puzo's book. It was great! Anybody else seen this movie? What's your best and worst scenes? What are your thoughts about the movie?

My favortie scene: the baptism scene at the end when the scene keeps changeing from Michael to the Dons being killed.
My worst scene: it's hard to think of one, but I'll probably go with Appolonia's death, I feel it could have been done better.

My thoughts: a GENIUS of a director, that Coppola , btw does anyone know of other movies he's directed?
Beren3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Has anybody watched these movies! Do we breathe? I've watched 1 and 2 so many times, they are one movie to me. So I might mention something from 2.
My favorite scene is Genco's deathebed scene, when he actually tries to prolong his life by asking The Godfather to get "Death" to back off.
I think the ending scene, (Dad's birthday cake) where Sonny introduces Carlo to Connie, and Michael tells his brothers he just enlisted is pretty rough because they all look too old (especially Tom! ) Deniro's young Vito scenes are so superb. I really like some of the mobsters too....Sollozzo "The Turk", Luca Brasi (the real thing!) Hyman Roth is creepy, but I liked the scene in Florida where his wife offers the two big shots the tuna sandwiches. Al Neery and his flashlight... Gosh, I could go on for many paragraphs. Moe Greene getting it through the glasses! Poor Moe...there should be a statue or something in las Vegas!

Last edited by Lizra : 08-03-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Never seen it
I know, I know, but I will one day.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote