Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-1999, 01:23 AM   #1
gdl96

Favorite Music

Since we've had movies and TV show, lets move on to favorite music and bands and stuff like that. By far, my favorite band is koRn. Their new album, "Issues", is awsome. Falling Away From Me, Trash, and Wake Up are the best songs. These bands also kick @$$, adn they're in no particular order: Blink182 Limp Bizkit Rage Against the Machines Kid Rock Sugar Ray is also pretty cool.
Old 12-02-1999, 01:26 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Favorite Music

Well, I think that while today's "music" is, uh, interesting, most of that garbage does not deserve to be called music. I just listen to miscellaneous stuff, like movie music and game music.
Old 12-02-1999, 01:31 AM   #3
gdl96

Oh yeah, I also forgot that 'Wake Up' by koRn is also the best alarm clock song. For about the first minute and a half, the lyrics are: Wake the F*** up!!! about 2 dozen times to a hard rock backround. Just imagine waking up to that.
Old 12-02-1999, 01:40 AM   #4
bmilder

You're entitled to your own opinion, but that stuff is garbage. Profanity does not belong in music. Other than drums and stuff, it's just shouting. Rap is even worse...
Old 12-02-1999, 01:46 AM   #5
gdl96

Yes, rap is pretty bad, but rap-rock (a hybryd of rap and rock) such as Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Rage against the Machines is pretty cool. Some people consider koRn rap-rock, but I don't. Their new album is definitely not rap-rock.
Old 12-02-1999, 02:00 AM   #6
DarthNut

Ya, I kinda agree with ya, Ben.
Old 12-02-1999, 02:34 AM   #7
The One Ring

So do I. Question: What makes extremely loud drums, profanity, and knowledge of approximately three chords music? If you want real music these days, go listen to something by John Williams, in my opinion the best composer today.
Old 12-02-1999, 02:35 AM   #8
anduin

Well, that makes three of us....

I like most types of music, especially Jazz, Bluegrass, R&R, Zydeco, and Swing/Big Band. My favorite performers are The Beatles, Beck, Simon and Garfunkel, Louis Armstrong, Glen Miller, Adrian Belew, Led Zepplin, Peter Gabriel, Matthew Sweet, Ella Fitzgerald, Cat Stevens, Branford Marsalis, Paul Simon, and Gene Krupa.
Old 12-02-1999, 03:01 AM   #9
gdl96

Re: Well, that makes three of us....

I never said I didn't like John Williams. He is the best composer, he composed Star Wars music. I just don't listen to him on a daily basis. I like listening to rock.
Old 12-02-1999, 03:05 AM   #10
bmilder

not rock

You can listen to that... stuff... but it's not really rock and it's certainly not music.
Old 12-02-1999, 03:25 AM   #11
Darth Tater

Re: not rock

Favorite band: Beatles!!! Favorite composer: John Williams!!! What I hate: Korn and all the junk like it!!!
Old 12-02-1999, 03:53 AM   #12
anduin

Tater!!!!!

Tater, I didn't know you liked the Beatles!!! That is so cool. They are my favorite band of all time. I was totally obsessed with them when I was a teenager. What is your favorite album? Favorite song? Want to swap trivia? I use to drive people batty, always saying to them, "Ask me anything about the Beatles." What can I say....I know it all :P
Old 12-02-1999, 04:13 AM   #13
gdl96

Re: Tater!!!!!

koRn rules and this is the 1000 post in general messages!!!!
Old 12-02-1999, 04:21 AM   #14
bmilder

uhhh

Well, technically there are only 1000 visible posts in General Messages, there have been several more :P. Looks like you're outnumbered, gdl. Most of us favor real music.
Old 12-02-1999, 04:37 AM   #15
Son of a Hutt

Re: uhhh

My taste in music is very similar to bmilder's. :P
Old 12-02-1999, 04:24 PM   #16
emilsson

Favorite music........

I love many bands and many kinds of music. My favorite band is Depeche Mode. I enjoy music with melodies and good lyrics. I also listen to classical music and movie soundtracks. On Beatles, I can´t say I´m a big fan but "Yesterday" is such a lovely song, very sad and beautiful.
Old 12-02-1999, 08:48 PM   #17
The One Ring

Re: Favorite Music....

I also agree with anduin about almost all of his favorite musicians.Wow, more Beatles fans. That makes three of us.
Old 12-02-1999, 09:21 PM   #18
DarthNut

Re: Favorite Music....

Really, I only like "classical" rock. Such as The Who. Anyone else like The Who?
Old 12-02-1999, 10:34 PM   #19
bmilder

Uh...

Ring, anduin is female :P
Old 12-03-1999, 12:29 AM   #20
anduin

I was just about to say that :)

Ring which of the musicians from my post do you like? Who else do you listen to? It's cool to know another Beatles' fan. Do you like trivia? I think I am going to post a Beatles thread in GM....see if I can get any takers. Hope to see you and Tater over there.