Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2000, 02:18 AM   #1
Darth Tater

I hate America

The greatest television show ever, Freaks and Geeks, just ended. It was the most intelligent show on television in a long time, which is probably why it failed. After all, this is a country that would rather watch a bunch of people sit around an island and eat bugs. It makes me sick. I'll say more when I'm not so PO'd
Old 07-09-2000, 02:31 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: I hate America

Perhaps you picked a poor title. Ah well, I don't have to deal with it if Greg and IP start up their Canada Wars again

I never saw the show but my dad liked it.
Old 07-09-2000, 02:53 AM   #3
RKittle

Yeah... it'd be better if you lived in China where your favorite show 'Celebrity Executions' is never cancelled. That'd be much better. Or maybe Bangledesh where no shows are cancelled because no one can afford a TV.

Next you'll hate France because you had stale french fries at McDonalds. Danged French! Terrible people. :/
Old 07-09-2000, 03:13 AM   #4
juntel

As long as West Wing isn't cancelled, the US are ok with me...
Old 07-09-2000, 03:53 AM   #5
IronParrot

The Canada Wars stay on the Canada Wars thread. Tater was just making a general comment about the decline in the general tastes of American society with the title, and I understand that perfectly.

Besides, I don't have anything really significant against the US, except for the Americans who have something against Canada.
Old 07-09-2000, 12:03 PM   #6
thrawn96

As long as Family Guy doesnt get cancelled, I'm happy. But the chances of that are slim.
Old 07-09-2000, 03:12 PM   #7
Gwaihir

Perhaps you'd rather live in a hot spot over in the Middle-East? That would promise much more entertainment value than an NBC prime time show.

Gwaihir
Old 07-09-2000, 05:51 PM   #8
Anne Dralen

Canada is great, eh. Family Guy got cancelled from Fox but it is moving to UPN. As far as I know. I liked Pretender but it got cancelled too.
Old 07-09-2000, 06:30 PM   #9
Darth Tater

Ok, apparently my title was a little strong. There are still a few good shows on TV, like the West Wing and Frasier, but as a whole the intelligence level has gone way down. The fact that a brilliant show likes Freaks and Geeks, one of the only shows that's actually shown High School life in a realistic way (My So-Called Life comes to mind as possibly the only other), was cancelled because no one watched it and yet all the WB shows still survive is a perfect example of the fact that our country is going to pot. The fact is we're a world leader and we're full of bumbling morons.
Old 07-09-2000, 06:43 PM   #10
noldo

Never seen the show.

Welcome to the Entmoot, Anna!
Old 07-09-2000, 08:15 PM   #11
juntel

Pretender got cancelled?!

gee, we'll never see if Parker and Broots will end up married (they did end up in bed once, if i'm not mistaken...)

but the storyline was getting quite repetitive, so i ain't much complaining.

Who's next: Nikita!?
Old 07-10-2000, 12:31 AM   #12
Darth Tater

Actually juntel I'm not sure about this but I think I read somewhere that that show's getting yanked.
Old 07-10-2000, 03:24 AM   #13
IronParrot

Anne Dralen? Where did you come from? It's been a long time since I saw you around TZW and the like! Welcome to Entmoot! (yes, I know, noldo beat me to it)
Old 07-13-2000, 07:00 PM   #14
Anne Dralen

noldo called me Anna, so I thought he was talking to someone else.

Hi Parrot! *hands over a cracker* I did go see your board but couldn't find a discussion to get into. I'm not much in a "world dominating" mood I guess. Topless Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas are going to have to wait for now. I got here cuz I didn't know what an Entmoot was but I saw it in the ezboard showcase so I came to check it out.

I haven't read the Lord of the Rings, but I just started reading the first one for the first time. I also have 'Bored of the Rings', a parody, and the Silmarillion around here somewhere that I haven't read yet. But there were some interesting discussions so I joined in...hopefully I'll be able to talk about LotR soon.

Thanks for the welcomes.
Old 07-13-2000, 09:43 PM   #15
IronParrot

Yeah, my small board is kinda deadish, now that the flame wars have subsided.

You have Bored of the Rings? I can't even find that...
Old 07-13-2000, 11:48 PM   #16
etherealunicorn

I got my copy at Waldenbooks years ago.
I can always scan my copy (chapter by chapter) and email it to you, if you like
Old 07-19-2000, 05:01 AM   #17
Shanamir Duntak

I know i'm off topic (Am I?... Aren't you all off-topic?)

Anyway...

The one great thing about america is..... drum....

HOMER SIMPSON!!! You can't feel stoopid after seeing this guy for 30 minutes!

And then for the bunch of moron populating old USA... think about this... if 1% of the population is brain-dead... for us here in Canada it's a mere 250 000pp.

For you down there it's 2 500 000 of stoopid morons... then for sure you'll see them everywhere or at least hear of them everytime...

Think about that...
Old 02-22-2001, 06:31 PM   #18
vivaldi20

1)America is consumed by the belief that is the centre of he earth. Under such an assumption the rest of the world might as well not exists. "us and the foreigners - who are they anyway?"

2)For a country which believes it is setting an example to the rest of the world it has very little in cultural richness to. Tackyness, terrible food (burgers etc), little in family, community cohesion etc). Just its own econmic expansion across the globe.

3)Built on freedom and democracy. A contradiction in terms - Whoses country is it anyway? Anglos? hispanics? blacks? indians?

4)Freedom is a euphonism which its population, overwelmed in their own sentiments about america, are willing to consume, in order that the US can carry out its political and econmic domination with minimal resistence from its population

5)And many more.
Old 02-22-2001, 07:07 PM   #19
juntel

wow

not only is it vivaldi's first post here,

it's his/her first post ever with that nick...

you doing this just for the fun of it?
Old 02-22-2001, 08:59 PM   #20
gdl96

You might like Rage Against the Machine. One song called Freedom goes "Freedom, yeah. Freedom, yeah right!"

Just thought I'd say that.