Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Goodbye to Beor

As many of you know, our good and kind friend Beor is in the US Army and currently serving in Iraq. Situated at the moment in Baghdad, he will be moving to another base somewhere in the South. Of course to protect him from any ambushes, he is unable to tell us where. But only that there will be no internet connections around. Therefore he will be unable to grace the moot with his prescence for sometime. Most likely until he is able to return home.

I for one, will miss him terribly. Throughout the time I have known him, Beor has helped me through alot of personal troubles in my life and for that I am eternally grateful. Indeed we have become close and he feels like a brother to me now.

Now why, I hear you ask, start this thread. Well I too will be leaving the moot. Maybe permanently, though it will not be for sometime. When I do though, it will probably be around the time that Beor returns home, therefore this night, may be the last night that we moot together.

This thread also has another purpose. Because he will be unable to come on the moot, when he returns I would like him to see this thread. To remember all the good times that we have had together and to read any messages of luck that any mooter wishes to express while he is away.

We will all miss you Beor and I hope that you stay safe and that your remaining time in Iraq will come to a close quickly. I know that your missing your wife and kid terribly. Stay safe.

My love and best wishes.
Lal

(EDIT: Sorry mods for being a nuisance and opening another goodbye thread - but I felt that this was important)
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 04-15-2004 at 03:28 PM.