Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Acorna

Has anyone read anything in the Acorna series? I've read Acorna, Acorna's Quest, and I'm in the middle of Acorna's People. What do you think of it? I though it was pretty good.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

ah! acorna! yes... i've read acorna, acorna's quest, acorna's people, and acorna's world. i think there are two more books after that actually, i'm not sure. i started acorna in fifth grade but the language was way over my head and we had books to read for school so i got sidetracked. i finished them... two summers ago i think. i do't recall many of the finer points but it was definitely one of those series that got me wrapped up in the story. i think my family started getting mad at me since all i was doing was reading. but, yeah, they were great... and any anne mccaffrey fan should check them out.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Since my post I've finished Acorna's People, read all of Acorna's World, and Acorna's Search, and am now well into Acorna's Rebels. I think there's another one out already but my library doesn't have it. Yeah, I am a pretty fast reader...especially when I have a good book. I'm almost as obsessed with Acorna right now as I have been with LotR since I discovered it. My sister is annoyed. She can stand when I talk about LotR because she has a clue what I'm talking about, but Acorna she barely started, and didn't like much, so she can't stand me talking about it.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote