Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

My new "favorite show"! Each episode is very different, because the straight guys are so different. The Fab Five are hilarious and very entertaining, and some of the shows have been quite emotional. One of the new ones, with the young guy who looked like the hippie from Scoobie Do, kind of freaked me out. He really didn't have a clue, about ANYTHING! When he made that mint Julep...I felt ill, and sad for him. I think he was just too young, couldn't fiqure anything out. His girlfriend was strange too. Anyway...Does anyone else like this Bravo show? They have a message board! Whee!
Old 03-04-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

I hate that show...it's so stupid. Besides you do know that they are actually Crab People, trying to take over the world. That's a little joke, if you've ever seen the South Park episode with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy you'll know what I'm talking about.

But the show is seriously stupid.
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:35 AM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Why do you think it's stupid? Which episode did you watch? I can't think of a single "stupid" thing about the show. And every single straight guy has been thrilled, except maybe that one who ate the cheese stuck on the bottom of his shoe.

The makeovers have all been tasteful and wonderful, and the house redos, awesome! I can't hardly believe how cool Thom makes the houses look.
The shows are hilarious (very witty guys...of course especially Carson! ) The culture guy, Jai, (he's the one Elija Wood caricatured on SNL...hilarious!) misses from time to time, but his job is huge, and I think he looks really young. Anyway...WHAT is so stupid?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I hate all those kinds of shows. This one, and that Extreme Make-over one both drive me nuts. I can't stand reality tv type things. Smell the freakin' cheese!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:56 AM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I love this one, and of course Trading Spaces/Changing Rooms. Also Cash in the Attic! I don't care for the ones that are contests. I'll admit to watching the world's next supermodel one longer than I'd like to admit! QEftSG is so interesting (to me) though. You go into all these different guys homes, and they are quite "real" (usually big icky messes!) The Fab Five are hilarious, and the new haircuts and shaves are quite dramatic. I love to see the guys who look like Grizzly Adams due to sheer laziness, cleaned up. They are always amazed and so impressed (with themselves) at how handsome they could look. I love non fiction, so shows like this are perfect for me. But all the island and temptation ones seem fake to me.
I love my QEft SG music CD. I miss being in the gay culture, so this show makes me feel "warm and fuzzy" !

Last edited by Lizra : 03-05-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #6
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Well, *I* like Queer Eye. I usually hate those stupid reality TV shows, but I will watch Queer Eye occaisonally. It's fresh and funny, and the guys are a blast. And Jai and Thom are cute.

I did see that episode on South Park, and I thought it was funny. Maybe they are trying to take over the world.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #7
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

It is fresh! Good description. I went to the QEftSG website and found there were 7 episodes I haven't seen yet! Something to look forward to. Yea!

That one with the chubby Jewish hubby with the unibrow was great! I believe his name was Adam. I was dying with laughter as Thom and crew kept carting all that primary colored, plastic "Playskool" furniture out of the living room.

Man....Kyan (the hair/hygiene guy) is so beautiful, I get shivers sometimes!
I also really liked the holiday show. I love the way the Fabio, greek (straight) guy always brings his mom with him. Jai was all over "mama"! She was so oblivious, it was perfect!
Old 03-05-2004, 08:16 PM   #8
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Hmm, I think I meant Kyan instead of Thom. But Thom's okay. It's better than My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance and Big Brother and those shows at least. I giggle everytime they put one of those tips on the screen; mainly because it's blindingly obvious. You have to remove your brain before watching Queer Eye, but it's all good fun. *Drools over Jai*
Old 03-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I don't know, some of those straight guys don't seem too "tip hip" !

I saw Jai on a supermarket tabloid last week, as a "fashion mistake" at some awards show! I thought he looked cute (pink shirt, white pants) but I guess he needs Carson to help him?

Thom is the Teddy bearish interior decorator. I like that funny voice he uses sometimes. His interiors blow me away! On "Trading Spaces", I can always imagine coming up with the designer's ideas, but the stuff Thom puts together for the straight guys is way beyond me! I wish he would do my place, and of course, Kyan needs to do my hair!
Old 03-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #10
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by FoolofaTook
I hate that show...it's so stupid. Besides you do know that they are actually Crab People, trying to take over the world. That's a little joke, if you've ever seen the South Park episode with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy you'll know what I'm talking about.
Crab people, crab people, taste like crab, talk like people
yeah i agree reality TV sucks, wow there gay WOOOHOOO! my brother was telling me about some take off of it called Queer Eye for Totai or something where Totai Kefu goes and decorates someones house, thats humor
ive only subjected myself to this reality tv rubbish a few times and that was Wife Swap and what can i say the poms do it with style, its quite sick when they get a fairly well-off family and a complete ratty family and make them swap wives but hey the families agree to it, these people have no shame, an overweight woman "i dont like black people" matched with a black person "i dont like fat people" what could be more humorous
Old 03-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Go suck an egg with a straw Millane

The opening question is...

"Does anybody else like this show?"

I'm really not interested in hearing your negative remarks. You don't like it? Fine. Go to your room and play some terrible music, and be happy.

Last edited by Lizra : 03-06-2004 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #12
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

*MEOW!*

I think it's hilarious that every single gay guy I know hates this show, or (rather) thinks it's stupid. I don't mind watching it but I don't go out of my way to watch it either. The only reality TV show I have to watch is Survivor. I hate Richard! SO glad he's gone!

...sorry! queer eye thread... forgot...
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:20 AM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

You hate Richard!? (Lizra has never watched Survivor) ...why?

My husband would never claim to like QEftSG...he's a Carhart wearing, truck driving, strong but silent hunk of steel...!! woo hoo! But I notice he always steps in and listens to Kyan's grooming tips. Straight guys seem to know so little in this area. Shower (in most cases, though not in the Warren L episode! ewww! ) and shave is about all they do. And of course the Ky says to never shave *against the grain*, which all the straight guys seem to do.
It was funny yesterday, my hubby was reading his Guitar Player magazine, and a guy writing a column about amps was complaining (tongue in cheek), how a certain brand didn't sound good on low, yet he was constantly forced to "TURN IT DOWN" by his wife watching "Queer Eye" reruns in the next room! It was a twilight zone moment for us.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:39 AM   #14
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Go suck an egg with a straw Millane

The opening question is...

"Does anybody else like this show?"

I'm really not interested in hearing your negative remarks. You don't like it? Fine. Go to your room and play some terrible music, and be happy.
hahahaha well i dont like the show i was answering your question is a question really a question if theres only one answer (or really should you put a question mark if you dont want an answer)
Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #15
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

It's all in the phrasing dear. Don't knock the fab five! I love em! Got my daughter hooked too! Now, If I could only get my QEftSG music cd back from her!

"when you are around, when you are around...all things just keep getting better......"
Old 03-10-2004, 12:20 AM   #16
Mercutio

Reality TV =

A cheap way for tv producers to make shows with real people who will do anything to "be on tv" and also it is the current trend so tons of people watch them = more money (from commercials, etc.) Sometimes all they do is stick random people in a house with cameras. = MEGA PROFIT!

This goes for Queer Eye, Survivor, Makeovers, Dating shows, etc.

I don't like much reality tv, but Queer Eye seems like one of the better ones.

Mercutio

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.

Last edited by Mercutio : 03-10-2004 at 12:22 AM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #17
Pirate
Enting

I love queer eye. Possibly it's one of my favorite shows.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #18
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oooh! Very nice! I'm looking forward to watching the new one (with the olympic skater guy) tonight...? I hope it's on tonight!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:33 PM   #19
Pirate
Enting

I saw that one and I don't really think that guy needed a makeover, he was gorgious already! It was still a good episode though.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:24 AM   #20
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Gorgeous! Geez, he was scary handsome! I didn't like it as much as some others, the guy was a tad too SAPPY for my taste! "I just want to show my love...show my love...show my love" I thought it was pretty funny Kyan had him "relaxing" in the bath, then Ted has him freaking out with the pasta machine!
The next one looks cool...is that the first black man they've helped? The fab five seem mighty *white*!

Last edited by Lizra : 03-15-2004 at 01:27 AM.