Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #1
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

Movie related collectibles?

I saw that in another forum someone mentioned collecting Burger King souvenir figures after FOTR came out, which I never noticed at the time (rats). In addition to some of the movie books all I have is a FOTR popcorn container and, so far, 18 bookmarks- gotten at Barnes & Noble bookstores. Some are quite nice, with either rings or what I guess are horsetail representations on the Rohan ones. Curiously, even though all three movies are out, they all are from FOTR or TTT. And the price escalated from $2.95 to $5.95. Anyone know if they'll be some later bookmarks based on ROTK?

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten other such memorabilia, especially personally, since I imagine it's fairly easy to do so using internet services (no challenge, there).
Although, don't exclude internet, by mail, or other ways if you wish.

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
Fewin Greenleaf
Enting

i don't know about the bookmarks but i got collectible rotk tumblers. also, i found rotk keychains. i'll try to find what else i have at home. right now i'm using a friend's pc...
Old 05-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well you know how they have the stand at the wideo stores and its just a character holding the movies, i want to try and get that when they finish with it at the store, or at least find out what they do with them
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Telcontar
Enting

I'm wanting to buy Anduril from United Cutlery. Apparently the limited edition of 5000 is already sold out. If you go to eBay, you can get one for over $600 (original $400). I reserved my place for the Unlimited edition, but it doesn't come with the same stuff as the limited one. It doesn't have the same plaque, is not numbered/serialized, and the certificate of authenticity isn't signed by John Rowe, the guy on the WETA design team who came up with the Anduril design. Other than that, it's the same sword pretty much. United Cutlery is the official sword smith for the LOTR swords. I've got to get one!

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Old Kingdom Proverb
Kill Bill Volume 1)
Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
Mrs Maggot
Enting

I wanted to pinch one of those life-size Aragorn cut-outs they had in the theatres when RotK came out… he even had a bend in the middle so you could sit him in the passenger seat of your car!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

I have acquired some of the BK drinking cups personally.

Besides the DVDs and BK drinking cups, I have not acquired any other memorabilia.

In general, I think that if one wishes to acquire such things as a hobby, then that is their choice.

I think it gets a bit silly when people spend money they "do not" have that would be better spent on necessities of life (food, shelter, etc.).

(However great JRRT's works are and some of the memorabilia are, people could survive without it, somehow )

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:58 PM   #7
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

hmm; besides all the action figures and trading cards etc? i have a burger king cup (not the cool glass ones- a paper one i had coke in ); bookmarks (of course); a puzzle; 3 tv guides; a walden books gift card (which i got for my b-day when FotR came out); a one ring key chain, smeagol battle-scale figurine and aragorn battle-scale figurine from when i put a reserve on my copies of the dvds; and a Fantasy Wolrd magazine with aragorn on the cover. i have myriads of action figures (that's what has made up the bulk of my christmas presents for the past three years) and cards and things too

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:32 PM   #8
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

And I've seen large movie posters for sale in video stores and a box with 5 or 6 action figures (sort of like the old plastic army figures, but somewhat larger, will have to look at them to see if one is Eowyn or if they're just generic warriors, didn't really look at them closely).

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

I have several of the action figures and TONS of bookmarks, all of the movies so far, theatrical and extended, LOTS of posters, and an Elven bow, (though not Legolas' it is still very beautiful and shoots nicely.)

My mom and I re-created Legolas' outfit and I have that along with replicas of his knives. And on Trilogy tuesday, when they played all three consecutively, everyone that attended was given a small thing with three sections of the actual film in it.

One cut scene from each movie, on mine there is a picture of Imladris, FOTR, a picture of Fangorn, TTT, and a Picture of Gandalf leaning against the pillar of stone on the balcony overlooking Minas Tirith for ROTK.

They are all quite nice to have and I enjoy them thouroughly.
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the lost Isle calling,
In Eresëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
mallondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #10
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by mallondwen
I have several of the action figures and TONS of bookmarks, all of the movies so far, theatrical and extended, LOTS of posters, and an Elven bow, (though not Legolas' it is still very beautiful and shoots nicely.)

My mom and I re-created Legolas' outfit and I have that along with replicas of his knives. And on Trilogy tuesday, when they played all three consecutively, everyone that attended was given a small thing with three sections of the actual film in it.

One cut scene from each movie, on mine there is a picture of Imladris, FOTR, a picture of Fangorn, TTT, and a Picture of Gandalf leaning against the pillar of stone on the balcony overlooking Minas Tirith for ROTK.

They are all quite nice to have and I enjoy them thouroughly.

*glares at mallondwen in pure envy* film cells? you have pieces of the actual movie that was in theaters?! *glares some more as eyes begin to turn green*

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:38 AM   #11
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

Quote:
originally posted by Lady Ravyn
*glares at mallondwen in pure envy* film cells? you have pieces of the actual movie that was in theaters?! *glares some more as eyes begin to turn green*
*Smirks wickedly* YUPPERS!!!! *dodges the suddenly flying rotten fruit*

Oh yes, I forgot one or twelve items earlier, I also have a few of the BK tumblers, four of each to be exact

ok, ok, I know I'm bragging here but.... It's so much FUN!!!!
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the lost Isle calling,
In Eresëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
mallondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #12
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

*sniff* you are just... pure evil!!! *sniff* didn't your parents ever teach you about sharing? *puppy dog eyes* hmm? with all your entmoot buddies, huh? think of all the people here who aren't as fortunate as you... lol

j/k cool collection. we don't go to bk or anyplace very often (once in a while) so i didn't have a chance to buy the tumblers; i got the cup from my uncle lol!

My Space!

Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #13
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I found a little magnet of Frodo holding the Ring at a remote corner of a craft store, so I hid it behind some shelves (I hadn't brought my money) until I went there again and bought it.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote