Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Katie Melua

Has anyone heard this sensational new artist and her album "call of the search"?
I have the pleasure of knowing Katie myself and, like her music, she's a very down to earth and lovely girl.
Just wondered what everyones opinion is of her album and music. Has she broken into the American market yet or is she still just a purely British pleasure?
Old 01-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Cant say i have. Newest thing ive heard that apparently gona be the next big thing is 'Juss Stone' lol

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Re: Katie Melua

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
Has anyone heard this sensational new artist and her album "call of the search"?
I have the pleasure of knowing Katie myself and, like her music, she's a very down to earth and lovely girl.
Just wondered what everyones opinion is of her album and music. Has she broken into the American market yet or is she still just a purely British pleasure?
I saw her on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. She's quite a fox.
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:14 PM   #4
Miranda

She is very pretty, always has been. But what do you think of her music?
Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
johnnyrod
Elven Warrior

I've not heard much but some people are dubbing her the next Norah Jones. I hope that isn't the case, I'm sure she's got more to her than that. And yes, she is very cute. Knocked Dido off the top of the album chart this week.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #6
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

I'm afraid I haven't heard her music. I do get the impression though that she is where she is because, like u said, she's pretty and has that look that appeals to goths/ rebellious young teens (Image being more important than the actual music these days)... I will of course reserve my judgement till I hear the music. Does she write her own songs?
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:42 AM   #7
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stern
I'm afraid I haven't heard her music. I do get the impression though that she is where she is because, like u said, she's pretty and has that look that appeals to goths/ rebellious young teens (Image being more important than the actual music these days)... I will of course reserve my judgement till I hear the music. Does she write her own songs?
Yep she writes her own songs. Two songs on her album, Faraway Voice and Belfast (penguins and cats) are her own. The others are covers but I think she's got a lot more up her sleeve. I think its her voice that's more inspiring than her looks, she's got a really smoky quality to it. Mx