Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Satire

here's something i wrote for my english class.
maybe you guys can appreciate it.. the kids around here, they just don't see the sarcasm.
Quote:
Who’s Da Pimp Now??
When the shrieking of his alarm woke him up at 6:20 Monday morning, the first thought in Jonathan’s head was, “I get to drive my Civic to school today!” As he hurriedly put on his pants and picked out the least crumpled shirt form his floor, thoughts of exhaust pipes, tinted windows, gold rims and chain steering wheels raced through his head. “Today is going to be awesome, wait until Joe sees my new car!” he thought happily. Joe was his archenemy. He thought that since his crappy Mitsubishi Eclipse had a black light that he was some kind of King of the Parking Lot. “Well,” Jonathan smirked, “what he doesn’t know is that I’ve spent the entire weekend hunting down the best top-notch pimp gear I can find for my ride.” Never mind that he was late to work Saturday afternoon because his car was in the shop getting the windows tinted. He almost got fired, but he didn’t care anymore. The only purpose his job served was to buy all the nice hot gear. Over his cereal, Jonathan calculated his expenses. It all summed up to about $2,045.28- his entire bank account for the past 2 years. As he cleaned up his dishes his thoughts briefly rested on the fact that that could have been a payment on a real sports car, but it soon fluttered away with the butterflies in his stomach.
On his way to school, while stopped at a stoplight, Jonathan couldn’t help but glance around to see what the other drivers thought of his sweet ride. No one else had a car quite like his. Jonathan almost wised that he had saved up for a new paint job, but the flame decals and racing stripes pretty much covered all the rusted brown. As he peered over into the car next to him, he saw the driver roll his eyes and look away. Jonathan’s blood started to boil. Couldn’t this idiot see that his car was the coolest on the road? Didn’t this jerk see his gold rims that screamed his pimp-daddy status? How could this troll miss Jonathan’s name in the pristine white neo-gothic lettering? What was this guy thinking? Jonathan looked over his new opponent’s vehicle, so it was a Camaro, big deal. Jonathan knew he could out-speed this loser who obviously had no taste. “Come on,” Jonathan thought, “ this guy doesn’t even have a sweet “Type R” logo!” The light changed green, and without checking for other traffic, Jonathan squealed his tires and took off towards school. “Wow, my car goes so much faster with those awesome fins on the back end!” he thought, “aerodynamics really is Da Pimp!”
Jonathan spotted Joe as soon as he rolled into the ‘Lot. Actually, Joe had heard him coming before he saw him- Jonathan had removed his muffler to give his ride that sweet engine sound that girls dig so much. Jonathan loved the look on Joe’s face as he glided seamlessly into the space right next to him. “Yes,” Jonathan thought, “today is going to be a great day!” Sitting in his first hour class, scribbling on a clean sheet of paper, Jonathan realised just how cool he was. Who cared about buying a good car, when you could make all the surface alterations to the one you had? Putting those silly thoughts out of his head, Jonathan put his head down and promptly went to sleep.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Pretty fly.........for a white guy (curtesy of The Offspring)

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
Baby-K
Corruptor

LT that was quite funny, you must go to school with a bunch of planks if they cannot see the humour & sarcasm there
Old 06-18-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Funny little story. What did your teacher in English class think about it?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:10 AM   #5
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I liked it. I should show it to a few people I know that are like that.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #6
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I especially like this part:

Quote:
Who cared about buying a good car, when you could make all the surface alterations to the one you had?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #7
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Can you say rice boy? Good story LT.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

That made e laugh when I've been depressed pretty much all day.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

aww, glad i could cheer you up arwen!

see, the reason kids at my school don't get it, is because for them, that's every weekend.

i never got a grade back on it, jonathan, i don't know what he thought of it.... i would ask him, but im done with that calss for the summer now.. only government and chemistry to do tomorrow and them IM DONE!!!!!!!!!!

haha rice boy...

that makes me giggle.

now, i want some of you to write one! come on! it's fun!
just pick something like Bush, or Canadians, or even something like the Anna Nicole Show and just be sarcastic.. it's a great way to relive stress.
see look how happy i am!
Old 06-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #10
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

very funny. i like it a lot.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #11
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
very good!
i bet some kids in my grade would do that

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote