Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2002, 08:56 AM   #1
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
Funny poster - Iraq

You really have to see this poster.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Wow! That's one gigantic pot belly!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #3
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Well, that's Saddam... I especially like how it ties in to the SW: AotClones thing.
If you've been following US politics it's hilarious.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 12-17-2002, 10:56 PM   #4
gdl96
the greg the admin

lol
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

lol ..........don't forget to read the small print at the bottom, it's the best bit

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:58 AM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

But where's George's mask?
Old 12-18-2002, 09:06 AM   #7
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Well, we haven't seen his true colors yet.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 12-18-2002, 10:54 AM   #8
Curunír
Enting

LOL! It's really good! Saddam has a nice beer body...
ulle frulle kulle a cup of milk huy!
Curunír is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 09:40 AM   #9
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

funny but random...lol!
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #10
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

that is pretty cool

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:58 PM   #11
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
lol very funny! One time I found a pic of George W with Binoculars looking at something. But the caps were still over the lenses! lol

But I really will hate it when we go to war. We alll know its going to happen. Just when?
Old 01-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #12
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
But I really will hate it when we go to war. We alll know its going to happen. Just when?
Well my dad is of the opinion that George Bush will just keep on usding it as a ploy to get votes and never do it... but no one agrees with him. I will hate it too.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #13
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Well my dad is of the opinion that George Bush will just keep on usding it as a ploy to get votes and never do it... but no one agrees with him. I will hate it too.
Even if we win?

By win, I mean not only removing Saddam Hussein from power but also, in the words of a former speechwriter of the President, shaking up "all those people who have made fortunes out of the closed system of controls and special favours that directs the Arab world's wealth into the hands of a tiny, well-connected elite" and enabling, hopefully, widespread democracy throughout this region where hate grows so easily now, though even the development of a strong middle class would be nice.

A very daring thing for an oilman and politician to attempt...guess he feels he has to, to correct the error his dad made 12 years ago, one that has already cost the US sorely.

Er, my favorite poster on the subject would be one of those "Uncle Sam Wants YOU!" ones (dons flameproof jumpsuit and waits.... )
Thus one should consider: "Being angry with another person, what can you do to him? Can you destroy his virtue and his other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will also go hence according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person takes hold of glowing coals, or a heated iron-rod, or of excrement. And, in the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can he do to you? Can he destroy your virtue and your other good qualities? He too has come to his present state by his own actions and will go hence according to his own actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, his anger will fall back on his own head."
Buddha

Last edited by The Lady of Ithilien : 01-04-2003 at 08:58 PM.
The Lady of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:32 AM   #14
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lady of Ithilien
Er, my favorite poster on the subject would be one of those "Uncle Sam Wants YOU!" ones (dons flameproof jumpsuit and waits.... )
You'll need it with the anti-americanism that usually permeates the site. Although - lately everyone has backed off. Now it seems to be just little digs.

I think the war would ultimately be good for the region and the people of Iraq - just as long as Iraq does get built up afterward.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-05-2003 at 12:33 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 04:31 AM   #15
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
You'll need it with the anti-americanism that usually permeates the site. Although - lately everyone has backed off. Now it seems to be just little digs.
Ach, even anti-american flame wars get boring for me after a while ................ must be all that xmas spirit I absorbed

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #16
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

Br'er Rabbit, Coney, sir, it's nice to see the Grinch didn't getcha!

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Freedom of speech was never meant to be comfortable, JD.

It's a massive job, one bigger than you or I, to shift the, well, really, the global focus nowadays in the civilized world from 'who and what do you hate' to 'what do you love'; from 'what's wrong with America' to 'I'm America: how can I help you?'

Most people will go with what is socially safe, but always have an eye open to the coming trend as well as what appeals to them personally. One can't get stirred up over that.

Actually, I expected silence and a quick descent of the thread into oblivion, which likely will happen unless there's something appealing about it to make people want to take part in it. And people are kind of tired of the same old "seeing red" type of stuff.

Quote:
I think the war would ultimately be good for the region and the people of Iraq - just as long as Iraq does get built up afterward.
The implication being that it will get torn down. It's already a mess...unless you're a buddy of Saddam and his clique. Check out some of the other articles at that site for a look at "the real Baghdad," etc.

We have already made some wonderful progress: for example, just what would have happened had we made our demand that Saddam admit UN inspectors? He would have fought it tooth and nail. So we psyched him out, didn't we? That is a battle won, and it tore nothing down. We are indeed using every weapon in our arsenal, but the best ones first. They are our men and women in service to this country through the government as well as in the military, and their intellects and hearts.

This is why I say my favorite poster is the "Uncle Sam needs YOU!!" kind, though I did appreciate this one and Saddam's "gut"; it's also nice to see somebody show, howsoever obliquely, that America actually does have Dr. Rice up there in a prominent role in all this.

Not that USNY! posters are needed nowadays for patriotic expression or recruitment, as they were used in WWII. Or that they be strictly military. Nowadays, it's quiet and comes from the heart wherever one is: one does rather than speaks. That's because it's still not socially safe to express these sorts of things out loud in many forums and places (obviously, it is in Entmoot or we wouldn't be going on and on about it, no?).

In a way that social pressure is good, too: keeps the hypocrites out.
Thus one should consider: "Being angry with another person, what can you do to him? Can you destroy his virtue and his other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will also go hence according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person takes hold of glowing coals, or a heated iron-rod, or of excrement. And, in the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can he do to you? Can he destroy your virtue and your other good qualities? He too has come to his present state by his own actions and will go hence according to his own actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, his anger will fall back on his own head."
Buddha
The Lady of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:00 PM   #17
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

lol!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #18
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Well, Elf Girl... Your dad isn't all wrong. In my opinion he is using it as a ploy to get votes. And it worked! Bush's wartime approval ratings drove scores of Republicans into public offices, overriding concerns about the economy and domestic issues. But I still think he'll go through with it. In fact, one might say that he's gone too far not to. The only possible outcome is war; he's spurned too many compromises or inspections.

But the primary purpose was to get votes.
Finishing Daddy's job is just a plus.

Quote:
The implication being that it will get torn down. It's already a mess...unless you're a buddy of Saddam and his clique. Check out some of the other articles at that site for a look at "the real Baghdad," etc.
Indeed. Iraq is a mess. But so was the Taliban Afghanistan, and it's worse in a lot of ways now. Some people have more rights (women come to mind) and that's a good thing but now that US forces are pulling out of peacekeeping duty, chaos and warlord control are taking over the region. Bush has ignored all evidence to the contrary and declared total victory. And now he's starting another war.

By the way, would anyone like to defend the way that Bush has used a heavyhanded approach in Iraq, which MAY have weapons of mass destruction, but is doing almost nothing about North Korea, which has 2 nuclear warheads and is activating manufacturing complexes to make more, breaking UN agreements left and right? (that was a big sentence)

C'mon, Republicans. I know you're out there.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #19
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lady of Ithilien
Even if we win?
Yes. War is not justified unless the people of Iraq ask us to step in.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:58 AM   #20
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

The poster would be very, very funny if it weren't so true. . .*laughs at poster then is sad about state of the world*

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote