Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2001, 03:09 PM   #1
Darth Tater
The man

Gandalf I'm too excited!!!

Ok, so six days to go, every review I see says FOTR is the greatest film ever, the anticipation is killing me, and there's just no way this can live up to my expectations! So I'm starting this thread for those of us who are very excited to come up with reasons the movie could stink so as to lower our expectations. This is not a serious discussion of the possible problems in the film. This is not a place to complain about silly things like the exclusion of Tom Bombadil. I'm starting this thread for those of us who are ok with changes in the story to fabricate possible problems.

I'll start. I'm worried about Saruman's role in FOTR. His part in the book is really not that big, and is made great because of its mystery. A "wizards duel" could likely be too corny, too modern, too pointless, and trivialize the conflict between Saruman and Gandalf. I'm also concerened about how the Uruk-hai are portrayed. Coming out of pods seems too sci-fi and out of place in Middle Earth. Not knowing where they came from is also somewhat important to the story, since it helps build the plot of Saruman's treachery, and introducing them so soon will probably ruine this.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote