FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Holocaust Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
A Nazi watchdog group warned that a "very ugly wave of Holocaust denial is sweeping the Arab world".
Reading the news today, I found that the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood leader, the main political opposition party to the current political power, has openly denied the Holocaust. "Western democracies have criticised all those who adopt a view different from that of the people of Zion about the myth of the Holocaust," he complained, arguing that he wanted to "expose the false American rule which has become a nightmare of a new world order."

This thread is designed to discuss Holocaust denial. What evidence is used to back Holocaust denial? Anti-semitism plainly is a major reason people do it, but if there are others, I'd be interested to hear about them.

Here is the article about the Muslim Brotherhood's claim. The Iranian president claimed the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
The leader of Egypt's opposition Muslim Brotherhood has joined Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in calling the Nazi Holocaust a "myth".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4554986.stm

So as I said, tis thread is designed to discuss Holocaust denial. True or false. Extent of Holocaust denial feeling. People in modern times who deny the Holocaust. Reasons for that.

As this is a "very ugly wave . . . sweeping the Arab world," I thought bringing up a thread about it might be pertinant to the modern situation.

I know the issue gets, to some extent, into US foreign policy, and gets even more deeply into Israeli foreign policy. Those issues are important and very probably will have to be looked into. I hope we don't get into massive political tangents about whether the US and Israeli actions are right or wrong, in our opinions .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."