Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #1
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Classic moments

have you ever had a classic moment where you laugh at it whenever you can?

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:02 AM   #2
Duddun
I Antha

Yes, I have had quite a few! But um...well...errr...they are rather embarrasing, and make me feel stupid! I will tell one though.

The Time I Broke My Arm!
By Duddun!
I was two years old, I had seen older kids run down slides and I thought it was really cool. So me and my friend, crawled up the stairs to the slide(we did not know how to walk yet(Slow learners))We got to the top and I went first, because he always got to go first so I went this time. He always got to go first because he told me how dangerous it might be, so he had to try it first! Then I ran about two steps down, fell off the side and landed arm first on the monkey bar supports on the ground(which were metal) and that is the story of how I broke my arm. I had a dinosaur cast too!!!!
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:15 AM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I also have a bunch. There was the time that Wes stopped up the toilet, the time Steven tossed his cookies over the balcony, the time that we mopped the floor up with some of our other friends in laser tag... There are so many.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:59 AM   #4
Duddun
I Antha

Oooh!Ooooh! I just thought of one, that i remembered because you said Wes stopped up the toilet. It's another pre-school one.(Oh-no not another! )Ok so here it is, im not gonna do all fancy this time.
So Max, Carsten and I, were all best friends. And to leave the room we had to go in pairs, but that always left one out so we always went in Thrairs.(As we called it)So one time Carsten had to go to the bathroom, so we all went. Then we were waiting and then we heard this big boom.(it gets nasty from here, if you haven't eaten and are about to don't read this. ) So then he came out running and yelling "run, theres a flood!"And then we saw water on the floor. So we all started running. Then when we were back in the room, he said:
I thought I had to go poop really bad, but instead I just had a really really big fart!
And he always says he broke the toilet we don't agree.
This was me telling it to my best memory so it may not be very true to the fact exactly. I believe we have edited it to be more funny a few times not knowing it. We got in trouble afterwards because we looked really suspicious and they heard us screaming. Later they found the flood in the bathroom, and knew we did it. So we had to mop it up. The good old pre-school days.Ahh...I love remembering them... *thinks of all the stories of pre-school. Like the time I was scared to go down the fire pole!*Ahh the good old days!Only 8 years really!
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:23 PM   #5
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!
I can't really say anything here. I have so many embarrasing incidents its not true!!!
I'm ALWAYS walking into lampposts or doing something embarrasing!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 05:19 PM   #6
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Well one time i was in the store with my friend, we were trying to find some chips to buy. She was saying, "*says really fun and gets toung tied*We can get millions and millions of them, yes millions and millions * stops in the middle of what she was saying and...* mmm, ben&jerry's icecream!" we still laugh about it today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #7
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

I went to Switzerland with my family and it was our second-last day. while we were waiting for a train to come, my sister took my hairband out of my hair and said "do you want your hairband to go feed the goats?" We both burst out laughing, then she gave me my hairband back. We sat down, taking deep breaths, when I decided to try and freak my sis out (get my own back on her, heh heh). I poked her on the sholder, and when she turned to face me, i did that thing Frodo does in the FOTR when he opens his eyes really wide (like the bit where he first sees Arwen, remember?) and my sister said (instead of freaking out) "I can see your eyeball!" Again, we burst out laughing.

Yes...very random...(my sister, not the story above)
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 03:31 PM   #8
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!

How old is your sister?
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 06:22 PM   #9
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

onoe of my most embaressing moments this is kinda sad but for me it's embarressing. I burst out crying at this dance and then for the last like 15 minutes I was lauhing hystericly(sp???) my friends thought I was doped up
Old 12-15-2002, 07:32 PM   #10
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
Once my frind and my friends dad and i where all walking to my house across my friends yard. i forget what we where talking about, but i put my hands on my hips and said "cause i'm a princess" all snobby like. then, less then 2 seconds after i said that i fell into the mud and got abunch of grass in my mouth.

a few weeks later i was talking to my friend and said "but i'm perfec-- ouch!" i fell into the refigerator.

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 04:46 PM   #11
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

that's pretty funny! I bet you felt really stupid! how long ago was that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-16-2002, 04:55 PM   #12
Nibs
Head Hollara

At an "end of school" party, there was a massive group of people in a single massive backyard, and I was doing backflips on the trampoline. I had done about six in a row (that's without a jump in-between) when I found myself drifting backwards too far so I tried to compensate by jumping more forward on the next flip.

Too far. I landed on my chest on the metal bar at the edge of the trampoline, held on to the bar, and proceeded to flip over off the trampoline (still holding to the bar) with one foot landing on solid dirt and the other in a bush. I stood up and declared "that smarts!" and it did.

Soon thereafter, I was caressing my pained pecs and I heard a *pop* come from one of my ribs where it connects to the sternum.

But that hasn't kept me from backflipping since.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:09 PM   #13
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I once had a roof fall on me...

But i'm sure nobody wants to hear about that... ]: )
Old 12-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #14
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer

this sounds interesting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-16-2002, 05:28 PM   #15
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer

So that's what your special smiley means, Wayfarer...

Old 12-16-2002, 09:14 PM   #16
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Well, if you really want to know...

Last summer a good friend of mine was adding onto his house, so I went over to help him out a bit. We put up framework, and so forth. Then we started putting up rafters.

Now, before I go any further, I have to fill you in on a few things. First of all, we were building this addition between the house and the garage. They weren't paralell. Secondly, the guy who measured for us when we laid out the walls didn't exactly do a perfect job. So none of the corners were square and the walls were differrent lengths. Yeah.

Anyway, this was the state of things whe we started putting up the rafters. It wasn't pretty, but we got them into place-for the most part. After a few days of work we had half of them set in place and the rest up there strapped together at one side. We'd developed a system-unstrap the rafters, haul the one on the end away, and strap them back together really quickly. Being the amazingly nimble fellow that I am, I was delegated to climb around on the rafters and take care of that stuff. That was all well and good, until nails started coming apart.

At the absolute worst time-as we had all the unsecured rafters held in place by hand, the the rafters that we [1]had[/1] secured started coming loose. And me standing between them.

After a rather hectic two and a half seconds, I found myself pinned securely by me left thigh and wrist, hanging eight feet above the plywood floor from a pile of wood which wasn't engineered to take stress from this direction. Not an experience I'd recommend to anyone here, I assure you.

Once they'd dragged a half dozen thirty foot rafters off of me, I managed to walk inside and sit down on the couch. By this time I was going into shock, and my wrist was swelling horribly. I got it wrapped up in an ace bandage and sat around for the rest of the day while everyone else cleaned up the mess. Then I went home and fell asleep.

When I was awakened by various aching pains the next morning, I was (understandably) overjoyed to discover that my makeshift splint had come undone and my left hand was now twice the size it should have been. I went to the doctor immediately.

As it turned out, I had been sleeping on a simple fracture. The doctors were very understanding as they explained this to me, and wapped my wrist as tightly as possible before putting a cast on it. unfortunately, since it was twice it's normal size at the time, that wasn't nearly tight enough when the swelling went down. I could slip my cast of with ease by the beginning of the week. The doctors, as I have said, being so gracious, took this news rather well. I am almost positive that the near-hysterical conversation which took place outside my examination room was about something else entirely. They even let me keep it, provided that I promised no to take it off anymore. Well... not much.

As it so happens, I still have the cast, and it still fits my arm rather well, although it's a bit more snug than it was.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:25 PM   #17
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

well that was interesting. ive never done somthing that embaressing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #18
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

That's actually not bad, compared to some other things I've done.
Let me tell you about water intoxication. ]: )

Last edited by Wayfarer : 12-17-2002 at 04:46 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:52 PM   #19
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Wayfarer, Nibs........have you two ever thought of wearing body-armour?......or better yet, hiring stunt doubles?

I've had my share of classic moments I suppose ......... most of them while intoxicated and 90% of them deffinitely not PG - 13

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #20
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli-son-of-gloin13
well that was interesting. ive never done somthing that embaressing.
I'm not concerned with embarassment, but it did hurt. Probably not as much as Wayfarer's fiasco, though.