Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2002, 10:56 PM   #1
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Michelle Branch

Who likes her? Methinks she's very talented as a singer. I also like the fact that she doesn't try to be all pop - y, such as Britney Spears and the like.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:25 PM   #2
Eowyn, The Lioness
Enting

She's got a good voice, but I'm not a big fan of her music. I don't hate it, just not my favorite. And at least she's not a Britney-Clone. Eeesh! Like Jessica Simpson or Mandy Moore! YUCK!
Eowyn, The Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 08:02 PM   #3
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

I have to agree. I like her but she's not my favorite. I'm glad she's not like Britney too. Man that girl makes me sick...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:41 PM   #4
galadriel88

Dittos, girls. She's not my absolute favorite or anything, but do really like her voice. She's popular b/c she can sing, not b/c of her plastic body...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 02-26-2002, 12:38 AM   #5
Nibs
Head Hollara

I have no idea who Michelle Branch is, but if she is somewhat antonymous to Britney Spears then I automatically enjoy her. I have to say this, considering you've beaten Britney a bit already...

I'd say she (Britney Spears) is about 70 percent water, 20 percent plastic, eight percent makeup, two percent talent, and what's left is her amazing brain.

SPEAR BRITNEY!

Anyway, who is this Michelle Branch? Or am I already a social outcast for not knowing? Be succinct.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:21 AM   #6
ryan
t2t relic

Shes so hot. Mmmm.
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:09 AM   #7
galadriel88

She sings that song called "Everywhere". You know, "'Cause you're evrywhere to me, and when I close my eyes it's you I see..."? *nods* That one. And what's so amazing about Britney's brain? She seems terribly stupid to me...

Old 02-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #8
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
If you add all of those percentages together, there isn't anything left for Britney's 'amazing' brain.

Sarcasm, the only wit I have.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:47 AM   #9
galadriel88

Oh, duh! *bangs her head on the computer desk* I didn't think to add them up, I just, kind of read them I guess. I am so stupid sometimes!

Old 03-08-2002, 04:10 PM   #10
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I like roughly half of Michelle Branch's songs. "Sweet Misery" is my favorite
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 03:47 AM   #11
galadriel88

I haven't heard that one. I like "Goodbye to You," it's really pretty!

Old 03-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #12
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

"Sweet Misery" Lyrics...

I was lost
And you were found
You seemed to stand on
Solid ground

I was weak
And you were strong
And me and my guitar
We strummed along, oh

Sweet misery you cause me
That's what you called me

I was blind
But oh, how you could see
You saw the beauty in everything
In everything in me

I would cry
And you would smile
You'd stay with me
A little while

That's what you called me

And in my heart I see
Oh, what you're doing to me
And in my heart I see
Oh, just how you wanted it to be: sweet misery

I was weak
And you were strong
And me and my guitar
We strummed along...
Old 03-17-2002, 12:20 AM   #13
galadriel88

That sounds like a pretty song! I'll have to get her CD.

Old 03-18-2002, 06:39 PM   #14
Eowyn, The Lioness
Enting

Ditto! What's her CD called?
Eowyn, The Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:40 PM   #15
notthatinnocent
Enting

I think it's called "The Spirit Room". I think

-Laura
Old 03-18-2002, 10:04 PM   #16
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Bah!

All females are secretly Britanny Spears clones. You just haven't admitted it yet.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:57 PM   #17
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Hrm, it's Britney Spears
Old 03-18-2002, 11:43 PM   #18
galadriel88

Wayfarer, if that were true I would have quit attending my private Christian school long before now.

Old 03-19-2002, 12:31 AM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

If all females are Britney clones I wonder what all the males are clones of...

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 03-20-2002 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #20
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Nibs
I'd say she (Britney Spears) is about 70 percent water, 20 percent plastic, eight percent makeup, two percent talent, and what's left is her amazing brain.
SPEAR BRITNEY!
Actually I think Britney Spears is 40 percent water, 900 percent plastic,0percent talent, 300 percent makeup(ugh!), 10000000 percent extreamly skimpy clothes. Michell Branch on the other hand...
Michell Branch can sing. If there was a comparason between her and Britney Spears, well, there is no compareson.
LOD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote