Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-30-2002, 03:37 PM   #161
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad didnt wait for Fimbren's explanation but went back to the top of Amon Sul. He looked out from the ring of broken stones and tried to solve the riddle which had been laid before him. Black riders, the hissing creature, and the dead Elves. He then began the ordering of the burying of the Elves.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:09 PM   #162
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

OOC: have you guys forgotten about me?

Kal fought her way out of her dream and forced herself awake. The sun was shining down into her eyes, and it hurt. She looked at her leg. The cloth was soaked in blood and, when she removed it, found the cut an ugly black and blue color. And it had grown. She was, for the first time in her life, frightened.

"MAEW!" she yelled.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 05:18 PM   #163
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

OOC: I wasn't forgetting you, but I was being forgotten myself, so...

The company was leaving for Weathertop. Maew had not seen Kal at the camp when he had returned, but he had other things on his mind, he looked for her now, but Linsul was not tethered with the other horses and Kal was not with the group riding off. He was becoming more than a little worried, but just then he heard his name shouted. The sound came from a fair distance away and the voice that shouted it sounded weak. He followed in the direction of the call, walking back along the road. He got all the way back to the battle site, a rather unpleasent mess by now, and managed amid the mangled carcasses to find a trace of her boot prints and a trail of blood. When he caught sight of her she was laying on her side by a small brook, she had a nasty slash along her left leg and through the drying stream mud and the gaum of blood she could barely move from her position, the slash was obviously poisoned, also, the leg was swollen and motled bruises covered the area. 'Kal!' He said, alarmed, 'Have you been laying here all night?' She made some movement to talk, but he quickly shushed her. 'No, nevermind, I've got to get you back to the camp.' She mumbled something, pointing weakly behind him, 'Linsul.' Maew looked up, and when he saw the horse he smiled, 'Well, thank the Valar for that!' At his whistle, Linsul came, cropping the grass patiently while Maew cleaned the cut as best he could with stream water, and tied the leg off above it, useing strips from his tunic to bandage it. Then he swung her up, as gently as possible onto Linsul's back and led the horse back towards the now diserted campsite.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 05:20 PM   #164
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: i dont know half the characters. im not even sure if dai is a hobbit or what. is someone suppose to be half dwarf or something? so if ive been leaving you out, sorry =-(
Old 05-30-2002, 05:37 PM   #165
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara listened patiently to Fimbren's tale agreeing with him at points. She saw Halbarad's lonely figure upon Amon Sul, inspecting the carnage. She was curious about the commander and it was nice to finally find someone who actually listened and took her seriously

She ascended the once magnificent citadel and approached the captain.

"What do you believe this could mean?" She asked standing beside him. She knelt to the ground, carefully loooking at the dirt for any clues to the enigma.

"I do not, my lady," He answered wearily.

Lara stood and smiled into the captains eyes, "If I am unable to call you sir, you mustn't refer to me as 'lady'." She said and throwing her black wave of hair back to the westward wind.

Halbarad grinned back, his eyes bright, "Alright then Lara," He answered then his face turned serious, "But now, I believe we have a mystery to solve,"

(occ: Tar-Elendel, what does your character look like and what is his age?)
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 05-30-2002 at 06:03 PM.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #166
Laredith
Enting

Laredith sat on her horse, partially oblivious to what was going on. She was still trying to figure out what the hissing thing was. "Bother you, Laredith! You should have payed more attention!" She said to herself. She frowned and snapped out of being oblivious.

"What? What's going on?" She asked. Lara and Halbarad frowned.

"You should be paying attention. As of right now, we are trying to figure out the answer to the riddles that have been placed before us," Halbarad told her. Laredith blushed. She had just scolded herself for that.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:25 PM   #167
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird was kept busy with cleaning wounds until the newcomers in the company finally came with aid. Halbarad gave him a quick grin and began searching the ground for signs of something....
Sam.
ps. Ok Kal's wounded. I'm at Weathertop with Halbarad,Katt, Dai and Fimbren while the others are coming shortly RIGHT? Forgive my ignorance I ummm have a hobbit like mind. Acually I should say halfwit but oh well. And sorry 'bout me not getting back here sooner. We need a quick synopsis of characters for the newbies. Maybe someone shoud start a new thread where we can discuss this synopsis stuff an' all. WHAT HAPPENED TO KAL? When was she wounded. At the battle field? DUDE if you just called out something like HELP or ALAIRD or I'M WOUNDED! I or someone ese would have come to your rescue. Did I forget to mention that Alaird is an herbalist under his cousins guiding?
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 07:00 PM   #168
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

ooc: Samwise, I'm at weathertop too! Don't forget me! I'm always forgotten
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:04 PM   #169
Laredith
Enting

OOC: Umm... no you're not "always forgotten", HOY. I mean, I have to make up a bunch of stupid twists and turns just to stay in the story. Man! Laredith must have Oliphaunt ears! Notice that both of the things that I started had to do with her hearing something? Just wondered. Anyway, with the whole "hissing creature" thing, that wasn't even noticed until she attacked the stupid bush...how pathetic.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:56 AM   #170
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: dirty blonde hair, sea grey eyes. around 6ft
about 35 but looks 25 those lucky numenoreans:P

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 05-31-2002 at 09:03 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:11 AM   #171
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

I was kidding about that forgotten thing.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:58 AM   #172
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: Kal got cut in the battle. Since pretty much everyone was wounded, she found it unnecessary to complain about a little cut, so she went down to the river to clean it out herself. The poison, which she did not know was there then began to take effect. When she woke up, she noticed that the cut had become terrible malignant. So she called out the first name that came to mind, the only person she really knew and trusted-- Maew. And by the way, she didn't know that Alaird was a healer. Anyway, I'll post in a little while.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-31-2002, 01:31 PM   #173
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal's head hung down and she swayed to and fro upon the horse. with a last effort, she leaned forward and whispered into the creature's ear right before she lost consiousness again. Linsul stopped and grunted at Maew. He leapt on behind Kal and the horse took off, faster than he had ever witnessed any animal travel. They had to find someone else from the gruop.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-31-2002, 10:28 PM   #174
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad and Lara carried on conversation for a few more minutes until she suddenly said "Where are they?"
Puzzled halbarad replied "And who are"they"?"
Standing, Lara scanned the company at the foot of the hill. "Kal and Maew. Where are they?"
Old 05-31-2002, 10:58 PM   #175
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

OOC: Don't forget, I'm on my way to Moria as you all "bicker and argue about who killed who" at Amon Sul! Now, on to the sub-plot!

Eäráng's new horse, an Elven-horse named Nanäri, who was faster than any other horse, was galloping along at a great pace. After Eäráng had reached Imladris, he was treated for his wounds (there was another Orc attack and he had only survived because of the fact that there was some other deciding force in this fight, namely an Elf named Glorfindel). He had found his horse when it had nuzzled him and he decided that it would like to carry him.

Eäráng had reached Khazad-dum. He was just about to go into the cave when a noise reached his sensitive ears...

Last edited by Eäráng : 06-01-2002 at 11:54 AM.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #176
Laredith
Enting

OOC: Earang! What happened? Your story telling was so rich before you did that! I acctually liked it! Don't copy another author because you think he's funny...write according to your own style.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:55 AM   #177
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

OOC: I edited it, so there!

Last edited by Eäráng : 06-01-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 03:49 PM   #178
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew was silently berateing himself for not noticing Kal's absence sooner, but Linsul was fast, faster than the wind, and in almost no time at all he was approaching Weathertop. He slowed Linsul to a trot as they passed the tethered horses and arrived amidst their startled companions. Not wasting time for explainations he swung off the horse and lifted Kal down, calling 'Help me, she's hurt!' Alaird the hobbit came running over as he laid her gently on the ground. As Alaird bent over her, calling for boiling water, Maew explained how he had found her and what he had done for the wound to the healer.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 05:22 PM   #179
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird looked up from a wounded elf as he saw Maew riding up on his horse with Kal infront of him almost fainting from a foul wound in her leg. "GET SOME WATER BOILING KATT. KAL'S WOUNDED!"he shouted. Then Maew began telling him about what he did for the wound. Alaird nodded"You did good Maew, she got it in the battle didn't she?" Kal nodded weakly. Alaird ran to his pack and pulled out a packet of herbs and clean bandages his cousin Merry had prepared for him before he set out. He took out a huge bundle of shepherd purse to stop the bleeding,some Sage, an herb that his cousin had gotten for him...nightshade. it was deadly in large doses but it would intice sleep and a painless sleep at that And finally he took from his box of small treasures a small dark leaf...Athelas, it would be needed after he lanced the womans leg. From the way it was swollen and red he knew it would be infected. He pulled some badages out for a poultice and ran back as fast as he could to where Kal lay in a fever, not quite asleep and not quite awake.
Katt came soon with boiled water and a branch from the fire. She also knew what was needed for the leg. "Halfling, why do you have that branch?" asked Lara who had come while Alaird was getting the nessicary tools. Alaird only looked up at her with a grimness in his grey eyes that had never befor been seen in the young hobbit "If I dont do this she'll die. She's already fading. It's not as bad as my cousin Merry would tell me about, wounds beyond a hobbits healing but it is serious."
With that Alaird took a small small portion of the nightshade and gave it to Kal who was awake enough to take it. When her breathing became somewhat even he took his knife, passed it through the fire on the branch and quickly cut into the infected wound. From the cut he had made came a flood of infected stuff. Kal cried out in her sleep and thrashed about as the pain seared through her, Alaird then pinched the tip off the Athelas plant and crushing it threw it into the water. Kal relaxed as soon as the fragrant odor spread around the camp. Dipping a bandage in the water Alaird bathed the leg and the prepared a poultice of sherpherds purse and sage for the leg. He tied it about the cut and then helped carry Kal to the fireside where they covered her with blankets......
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 06:10 PM   #180
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara walked away from the scene after Kal was settled in. The firelight stung her eyes and gave her a headache. She sat in the quiet cool darkness looking out over the still silvery grey world, dipped in the peace of night. The moon hung milky white as bone in the star littered sky. Now she could think.

Could anything more go wrong? First the black cloaked figures, no clues to the mystery of the slaughtered elves and now Kal's leg. Lara hoped Kal's wound would not hinder the girl too terribly. She had grown found of the half elf, half dwarf.

Lara lay back against the grass and closed her eyes, moonlight stroking her face like a mother's touch and soon, before she knew it, Lara had fallen asleep, a thing which sh had not done for atleast two days...

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 06-02-2002 at 06:11 PM.