Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #161
azalea
Long lost mooter

I usually try to avoid the whole thing and just identify myself by the state I live in.

Anyway, I'm going to jump in here and say that this thread is getting too personal. The subject of your posts should not be about another mooter -- they should be about the thread topic (which is reactions to the info in the first post), or should SOLELY be rebuttal of another's post -- their opinion or stated facts about the TOPIC, not them or anything off the topic. In some threads it's okay, but these political threads as we know have a way of getting WAY out of hand. So I think that we need to either have on topic posts, or none at all. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #162
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenir_LacDanan
Perhaps the rest of us are sick and tired of your constant whining and insults directed towards us? If you would just bloody calm down and look at things rationally, and above all, stop defending every little minute comment about America to the utterly over-the-top degree, and stop verbally harassing anyone who makes a comment at all, we might all just get along?
Oh - that coming from you is really great.
Quote:

What are you reaching for your shot gun now to defend? The fact that Americans cannot lay sole claim to that title? That only you and yours can have the dubious honor of being refered to as 'americans'? Oh come on. No ones gonna post anything if they know your gonna come over the top and smash them with your huge posts and arrogant attitude.
We're Americans - it's what we are. Sorry - but that is what we are called and have been termed for 100's of years. Now outsiders want to change that because some canadian doesn't like it? **** that. I'm American - New Jerseyan first.
Quote:

You cant defend everything America does, so dont try. If you didn't get so damn uptight about everything "anti US" (see the "americans are shorter than Europeans" thread for a good chortle), these threads would just fade off the front page, and you could stop going on about them.
Oh yeah - that thread that was about the supriority of Europeans to Americans. Yeah - forgot about that one. You guys must have a really bad inferiority complex. You're jumpoing up and down - "we're taller, whoopeee - we're taller". You know what pissed me off in that thread - was your assine comment saying "I always thought I looked down at Americans - now I know it was in more ways than one" or something like that. So don't even claim that it was ME that brought up and took simple offence at the thread - it was your assine comment.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #163
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
The people of the world called the people of the US americans because of it's ease of use. It is certainly easier to say Americans than united statesians of america.
As for the outsider reference I think that it is sad. I remember that in my eng. Economics classes at the U of Louisville, our professor who happened to be from the US made a commentary, the exact opposite of you. He said that those of us, who were mexicans, canadians, peruvians, etc, were americans because we were born on the same continent.
I have no problem calling you an american because you were born in the US, but anyone who was born in Mexico I would call an american too.
It is sad really, it is this kind of thinking that brings bad publicity to te good people of the US of America.
So now based on some outsider and yes it is someoutsider - can just rename us after 100's of years of being known as Americans. You know we have "God Bless America" and all our other patriotic songs which do not mention the US. I can guarantee you that they don't refer to Mexico or south America. Also - the area when you are talking about BOTH continents is NOT termed America - but THE AmericaS -plural. it has been like that for 100's of years too.

[FLAMEBAIT DELETED]

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-07-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #164
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Beruthiel's cat
JD -- I'm afraid I agree with Maedhros...the United States doesn't have the deed to the two continents which got stuck with Mr. Vespucci's first name to identify them.
So what?
Quote:

Sweetie, I'm a US citizen, too, not a Canadian, and if people who live on the American continents want to be identified as American, too, that's all right by me.
Dont' call me sweetie in that condescending tone.

Quote:

Of course, many of us aren't in unity with your ideals, so I suppose that makes us second-class United States citizens...
Believe what you want.

Quote:

(and p.s., JD -- I finally went to your link about the legend of the Jersey Devil -- a very good yarn. An interesting tale, indeed.)
Yeah - whatever. Funny how you put your damn thank you in small print - I guess that's an indication of how much it meant to you.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2004, 09:04 PM   #165
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Man JD, you must have some HUGE issues. You read into stuff that just simply isn't there. BC was just commenting in small print more than likely because it was off-topic, and not because it was some intended slight. Jeez, if the woman wasn't interested in it, she wouldn't have brought it up. [Personal attack deleted] Godssake JD, chill. Just suppose we don't all hate America for a change, huh?

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair
Old 06-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #166
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Man JD, you must have some HUGE issues. You read into stuff that just simply isn't there. BC was just commenting in small print more than likely because it was off-topic, and not because it was some intended slight. Jeez, if the woman wasn't interested in it, she wouldn't have brought it up.
yeah - the rest of her post indicated her thank you.
Quote:

[PERSONAL ATTACK DELETED] Godssake JD, chill. Just suppose we don't all hate America for a change, huh?
Hell would freeze over if you didn't hate America. Oh yeah - I forgot - you don't hate america since you want to live in San Francisco and love our tv shows. Why not instead of me pretending that you don't hate america - why don't you at least give some REAL indication that you don't.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 PM   #167
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

You know, I haven't been here for a couple days. It shows too. I put up a warning at the beginning of this thread. Azalea has also issued a gentle warning not all that long ago. YOU PEOPLE just don't listen, do you?

Until I can confer with the rest fo the staff, political threads are suspended until further notice. Any threads created will be deleted on sight and other action may be taken.

CLOSING!

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread