Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 03:31 AM   #141
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
That's not sycophant. Sycophant would be if I switched allegiance in the middle of something (like the Mud Wrestling ). The fact that I think BoP to be in the right does not mean I like you less, or are "against" you. It merely means that I disagree with you here.
That may be true - but you could have talked to me first. And yes we're spamming on this thread.
Quote:

I didn't really think a disagreement like this was something that really was that important. I mean, it's not like we're in the trenches, and I tossed a few magazine clips over to the enemy.
That's what you think.
Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, there is no enemy. There is only a community, members of which we am not always on the same page as (is that gramatically accurate? ); wouldn't you agree?
We're not always on the same page - look at the religious threads. But I don't tell people they're on my top 10 list of favorite mooters.

To tell you the truth - I have never had any personal negative feelings toward any particular mooter - except now two.

People's opinions and beliefs aren't the whole person and since I have never meant anyone - except a couple of people - it would be stupid to have negative feelings toward someone personally.

Maybe I did jump on BoP's post too hard. If the way I took it TRULY wasn't the way she meant it - then I am sorry. I just have memories of the comments about the "morons" not signing the Kyoto Treaty and the "morons" negotiating out of the ABM Treaty. I just think the "moron Americans" were really directed at the right or people who don't support the same ideas that Greenpeace does. Maybe I was reading too much into her statement.

Even though I know a lot of my posts have lazy typos - this ....

Quote:
There is only a community, members of which we am not always on the same page as
Should have been rewritten as...
Quote:
There is only a community, members of which are not always on the same page (as each other).
(as each other) is optional.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-19-2003 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:38 AM   #142
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
That may be true - but you could have talked to me first. And yes we're spamming on this thread.
Maybe we are...

Quote:
We're not always on the same page - look at the religious threads. But I don't tell people they're on my top 10 list of favorite mooters.
Exactly. I don't believe there's a single 'Mooter whom I'm always on the same page as.

Quote:
To tell you the truth - I have never had any personal negative feelings toward any particular mooter - except now two.
"Now"? Have I "sycophized" one too many times?

Quote:
Even though I know a lot of my posts have lazy typos - this ....

Should have been rewritten as...

Eep. Eep. Eeeeeeeeep. It may be 2:30 in the morning, but I can't believe I put "we am". Thanks.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 06-19-2003 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:45 AM   #143
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem

"Now"? Have I "sycophized" one too many times?
No - but you ARE on the verge of it.
Quote:

Eep. Eep. Eeeeeeeeep. It may be 2:30 in the morning, but I can't believe I put "we am". Thanks.
You did ask if it was grammatically correct - so I figured I'd correct it.

And damn - I just realised that it's 3:45am here.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-19-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:59 AM   #144
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
There is only a community, members of which we am not always on the same page as
Gwaim, yer an Afrikaner boytjie? (you lil' crusty Dutchman you!)

Now repeat after me: "I talk English very deliciously since I were twice"

Or ye can just say "Eish, I no speakalingelis" (while scratching yer head)

Last edited by Baby-K : 06-19-2003 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:09 AM   #145
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Can't say I blame yer for going LT (will miss ya tho') The 'moot seems to be evolving again.......and at the mo' it's kinda, well, dull.

Beatallica
Old 06-19-2003, 08:15 AM   #146
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The 'moot's quiet because of the hollidays, I think.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #147
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
The 'moot's quiet because of the hollidays, I think.
Yup, it's the same on most message boards .......... Ach well, I wouldn't swap the sunshine for more 'mooting

Beatallica
Old 06-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #148
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
but anyways. SGH, don't bring up that post, that's very childish of you. that has nothing to do with this. for the record though, i did think that there was someone in my house. bmilder and i had a conversation just after that happened and i explained everything to him. Why did i not come here and explain? easy- because it doesn't matter. and because it doesn't matter, that's why it doesn't belong here.
Not to rehash bad feelings here, but I was away and just caught up with my reading. LT, I haven't been called childish, well, since I was a child. Haha! Well, that's nice if you and Ben talked about that post, but I saw it as foolish, and attention seeking. Also, I would never put myself in a position to be critised on a MB that reaches the WWW. If you didn't and don't want to hear others comments than don't post such things.

From what I have read in this thread alone, you are lucky that you are not banned for flaming.

I will not discuss your behavior in this thread further. If you wish to discuss this, you may use the PM system. Anymore flaming will result in my or another admin taking action, but, you have already said you do not care.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 06-20-2003, 07:34 PM   #149
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Not to rehash bad feelings here, but I was away and just caught up with my reading. LT, I haven't been called childish, well, since I was a child. Haha! Well, that's nice if you and Ben talked about that post, but I saw it as foolish, and attention seeking. Also, I would never put myself in a position to be critised on a MB that reaches the WWW. If you didn't and don't want to hear others comments than don't post such things.

From what I have read in this thread alone, you are lucky that you are not banned for flaming.

I will not discuss your behavior in this thread further. If you wish to discuss this, you may use the PM system. Anymore flaming will result in my or another admin taking action, but, you have already said you do not care.
So what was the point of that post on the public boards.........apart from making a very public admonishment?

*shrugs* I agree with LT..........if you are going to drag up past posts on old threads, then we might as well all huddle in our own little corners of the playground and badmouth each other ......and afterwards we can chalk our thoughts on the wall?

Beatallica
Old 06-20-2003, 07:46 PM   #150
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
*shrugs* I agree with LT..........if you are going to drag up past posts on old threads, then we might as well all huddle in our own little corners of the playground and badmouth each other ......and afterwards we can chalk our thoughts on the wall?
If you look at when SGH's post was from - it was back in March. NO one even brought up LT's original rants on this thread - SHE did. You might want to rethink who was bringing up old posts.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #151
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
If you look at when SGH's post was from - it was back in March. NO one even brought up LT's original rants on this thread - SHE did. You might want to rethink who was bringing up old posts.
It's not the rants in this thread that LT was refering to .......... it was SGH making remarks about LT's post in a totally different thread.

Beatallica
Old 06-20-2003, 07:55 PM   #152
jerseydevil

Quote:
It's not the rants in this thread that LT was refering to .......... it was SGH making remarks about LT's post in a totally different thread.
All she said was that it would be difficult to believe anyone who would start a thread saying someone was in their house to get attention. LT claimed she was more intelligent than 98% of her class. Based on what LT did by getting people worried about her in that thread and ending up making fools of themselves - it doesn't sound like she is more intelligent than 98% of the people in her class. Either that or her class is made up of VERY dumb people.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-20-2003, 08:12 PM   #153
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
All she said was that it would be difficult to believe anyone who would start a thread saying someone was in their house to get attention. LT claimed she was more intelligent than 98% of her class. Based on what LT did by getting people worried about her in that thread and ending up making fools of themselves - it doesn't sound like she is more intelligent than 98% of the people in her class. Either that or her class is made up of VERY dumb people.
*replied in pm*

EDIT: forget it, he doesn't even have the courtesy to empty his pm box regularly

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 06-20-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #154
jerseydevil

Quote:
*replied in pm*

EDIT: forget it, he doesn't even have the courtesy to empty his pm box regularly
I'm sure it wouldn't have been anything important from you anyway. And do you think anyone really cares that you were unable to send me the PM?

Too bad you and baby-k can't remember to use the PM system instead of treating Entmoot as your private chat room.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-20-2003 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:24 PM   #155
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
I'm sure it wouldn't have been anything important from you anyway.

Quote:
Too bad you and baby-k can't remember to use the PM system instead of treating Entmoot as your private chat room.
Yeah, next thing ya know we'll be putting the Hockey results on the boards as and when they come in .........or maybe we'll start a "gang".......always a valuable use of bandwidth that is

Eddity Edit: JD.......I know yer a young 'un but if ya want to carry on like a kid, take it to pm

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 06-20-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #156
jerseydevil

Quote:
Yeah, next thing ya know we'll be putting the Hockey results on the boards as and when they come in .........or maybe we'll start a "gang".......always a valuable use of bandwidth that is
You didn't have to read THE HOCKEY thread. As for gang - I've never started a "gang" on entmoot.
Quote:

Eddity Edit: JD.......I know yer a young 'un but if ya want to carry on like a kid, take it to pm
Actually not worth the time with you.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-20-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #157
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Actually not worth the time with you.
Good for you Go and do something creative

Beatallica
Old 06-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #158
Ararax
Elven Warrior

well the hockey thread was used by alot of members, especially people from new jersey and canada, so id say it qualifys as proper use of the boards and being this is the general board, i cant think of a more fit place to post it.
i think JD ment posting off topic, and if you and K wanted to make your own thread and keep it all there im sure that would be just fine though you 2 might be the only ones useing it

ps just to ask are you trying to out flame everyone including LT

Last edited by Ararax : 06-20-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:40 PM   #159
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararax
well the hockey thread was used by alot of members, especially people from new jersey and canada, so id say it qualifys as proper use of the boards and being this is the general board, i cant think of a more fit place top post it.
Amazingly - i can't either. Especially since it was CALLED "Hockey".
Quote:

i think JD ment posting off topic, and if you and K wanted to make your own thread and keep it all there im sure that would be just fine though you 2 might be the only ones useing it
I think it would still be considered spamming.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-20-2003, 08:41 PM   #160
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararax
well the hockey thread was used by alot of members, especially people from new jersey and canada, so id say it qualifys as proper use of the boards and being this is the general board, i cant think of a more fit place top post it.
Maybe, or we could just go back to our old ways of spamming the entire MB

Beatallica
Closed Thread