Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2003, 08:42 PM   #141
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
I remember that well

Just a minor point but the 2 year old wasn't sexually assaulted and his body was found next to the rail line (partially hidden under some bushes, no train hit him.

The poor kid was beaten to death by two ten yr olds tho'.

That's not having a go at you JD......I can easliy believe that some media would build up on the horror of the story. (one newspaper in the UK got in a lot of trouble for embellishing that story).

anyhoo.........on with the abortion business.......
could you imagine that though. how could two ten year olds be capable of that. its just insane. do they know why they did it
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:48 PM   #142
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
could you imagine that though. how could two ten year olds be capable of that. its just insane. do they know why they did it
To be honest, I don't know..........I watched/read about it when it made the news headlines...........but I've never read the technicalities of the case.

I remember the press theorising that the murderers were watching horror/violent videos or something, other than that I have no idea.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:53 PM   #143
Ruinel
Banned

Could we please stop talking about abortions in this thread. You people are getting way, way off topic. None of you are saying that your country is "like an abortion" and your not saying "we have lots of abortions where I live" and your not saying "we don't have any abortions where I live" and your not saying "my country is shaped like an aborted fetus."

You are only giving your friggin' opinions about abortions. That is not, I repeat not what this thread is about! No one gives a rat's patoot about your opinion on abortion!!!! So, stuff it!

So, take your fight about abortion someplace else! And keep the scissors in your friggin' pocket Ragnarok!
(oh, yes... btw, Ragnarok, when you put a 'quote' tag into your post, you have to use [/quote] to end the quote, that was really annoying. Just trying to help.)
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:59 PM   #144
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i think ruinel is mad at you ragnarok
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:06 PM   #145
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Lol don't get your panties in a bunch. Point taken, didn't mean to get that off topic. And thanks for the advice on quoting i'm new here and on top of that I'm computer illiterate.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #146
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Aralyn
Its thinking like that that makes people blind. A clump of cells is how you are told to think of it so it will be so impersonal that it would be okay to kill the baby. So how come when a woman has a miscarriage in the first trimester people mourn the 'baby' but if you get an abortion it's a 'clump of cells'?
A 'clump of cells' as you put it is a person in the making. It will become a baby. You are robbing a child of it's potential life.
I would name several bible refrences however if you are not a christian it would have no meaning.I'm done being off topic now
Sorry Ruinel had to respond.

I went to Catholic School all my life - I just decided to make up my OWN mind about abortion and where I felt it was acceptable. Abortion is legal in the US because of the courts - the only way to get it changed is through the courts. I accept abortion through the first trimester.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #147
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
wow if i ever met those two ten year olds i would kick their ass
The two kids, now 18 year olds, are seperated - they can not attempt to contact each other. Thye are also under aliases - because as Coney said - the majority of England wants to take the same action as you do.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #148
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Yeah I guess I'd accept killing babies if the government thought it was right.
And that wasn't off topic cause our government DOES think it's right. And you didn'answer my questions JD.
Hey PM me instead of posting so Ruinel the Red doesn't get mad and so we dont clog the thread.

On topic:

I love my country but I want to travel. Everywhere. Where do you guys think I should go?
I already have: New zealand, Ireland and Bolivia

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:39 PM   #149
jerseydevil

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ragnarok
Quote:

Did I say that? I think people have the right to spend what they earn but some people go overboard and buy stuff they don't really need, when it could be put to better use.
So what if they buy stuff the don't really need. Is it anyone elses business other than their own? The only thing humans need - is air, food, water and shelter. Everything beyond that is a want.

Quote:

Ok you are arguing about to make ends meet... whoop de doo. Your missing the point abortion is allowed/tolerated in the U.S. and its murdering a baby/fetus. I had an article on abortion but I left it in school. I think its at week 16 a fetus gets it first heart beat, so by the time a fetus is aborted it does have a heart beat.
Not going to converse in the abortion issue anymore. I have my feelings about it - such as you have yours.

Quote:

I make lunches for the homeless people (One of the shelters is for abused women and their children) on the Route 1 Shelter near Trenton. What do you do??
Then you do that down the street from me. I'm about 8 miles north of Trenton.

I have done things - but I don't judge people on whether they help the homeless or not or donate anything. It's their business as to whether they donate or get involved in civic activities. You seem to think that it's a requirement that people do.
Quote:

Buying stuff you don't need makes you greedy.... Spending for the sake off it makes you greedy. And I do donate money to to the poor everyweek at Church. At school I buy things they sale (like lolipops and this Coming Mother's Day a card) that is donated to the Route 1 Homeless Shelters.
Who decides what is greedy and what's not? The Greedy Police? I buy things because I want them and becuase when I work for my money - I feel deserve to buy what I want.

I'm glad that you buy things on sale and help the homeless - but that doesn't mean that people that don't are bad or anything.

Quote:

Theres nothing to be ashamed about wanting a house and a car.
And if it's a Lambourgini and a 150 acre estate in Short Hills NJ? Or a Penthouse in Manhattan with door service?

Again - who is supposed to decide? I don't anyone deciding what I do with MY money.
Quote:

I wrote a letter once to a state representative a few years back. But I was using that more of an example I guess. My point is we don't need 3 CVSs' 5 minutes away from each other... what a waste of land... I'm 17 and I got to school, homework, art classes & sports everyday, I work on the weekends and some time to spend with friends...... if you think I can actively protest this stuff daily I can't.... there just not enough time in a day to do it. And even if I don't do anything about it that doesn't change the fact that it is happening.
Everyone's busy. I'm busy. But as you pointed out - "even if I don't do anything about it that doesn't change the fact that it is happening." But the thing is - by not standing up to it - if it bothers you so much - it does absolutely NOTHING to prevent it from happening.

You HAVE to get involved with it if it bothers you so much.

Quote:

We are destroying the Earth so we can have more fast-food restuarants and the like...
Not only fast food restatuarants are being built. Where I am - we don't have any fast food restaurants. For years - South Brunswick fought against McDonalds from going in on Rt1.

Where in PA do you live - you obviously live right across the border. of NJ - which most of that area is NOT built up.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-04-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #150
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Aralyn
Yeah I guess I'd accept killing babies if the government thought it was right.
It' s NOT that the government thinks it okay - it's that the MAJORITY of AMERICANS support it. The abortion laws are not going to change unless the majority of Americans change to your views - and that's not going to happen any time soon.

You didn't give me a chance to answer your questions. I'm busy doing other things - and I figured I respond to Gimli and Coney - before wading into a long post. Not that it is really anyones business as to why I didn't answer your questions initially.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-04-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:53 PM   #151
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Lol don't get your panties in a bunch. Point taken, didn't mean to get that off topic. And thanks for the advice on quoting i'm new here and on top of that I'm computer illiterate.
Oh, yes... *pulls panties out of crack*... sorry.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:58 PM   #152
jerseydevil

Also - I want to stop arguing on this thread. I CREATED this thread so people can discuss their countries. It was a result of all the Anti-American threads that were popping up a year ago.

I just want to hear about people's countries and what type of stuff they enjoy doing. eating, etc.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-04-2003, 10:15 PM   #153
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

That is...just awful, about the two-year-old. How in the name of Justice can those who commit such a horrific crime be allowed to go free so soon? They should at the VERY LEAST be commited, in my opinion.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:16 PM   #154
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Okay we can stop. I just had to get that out. Sorry
*shakes hands with JD* Truce?

I like food. But not from my country. I like Venezuelan (geez can't spell ) Esp. a dish called Arepas. It's a biscuit type thing with diablito or devils ham slathered on it and cheese and oarngechicken mmmmm . . . gosh I'm hungry.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #155
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Sorry, just felt I had to comment on that.

Anywho, my country: It is America. While it is by no means perfect, as no country ever is, and while I do find American History less interesting than that of ancient/Medieval times, I love America dearly.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 07:00 AM   #156
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Where in PA do you live - you obviously live right across the border. of NJ - which most of that area is NOT built up.
I live in Fairless Hills and I go to school at Notre Dame, Lawrencville, Nj.

I was going to post a big response to your last post but you said you wanted to stop arguing. So I will leave it at that.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 07:32 AM   #157
Ruinel
Banned

I live in Texas.

Just to head off a few popular questions often thrown at me...
No, I do not own an oil well.
No, I do not live on a ranch.
No, I do not have a big mansion, like in that TV show Dallas.
No, I do not run moonshine.
No, I do not ride a horse to work, nor do I own one (at this time, but yes, I did)
No, I do not like country music.
No, I do not wear a cowboy hat.
And no, I do not wear 'daisy duke' shorts.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:14 AM   #158
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
And no, I do not wear 'daisy duke' shorts.
That's a real let down there.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-05-2003, 08:16 AM   #159
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
I live in Fairless Hills and I go to school at Notre Dame, Lawrencville, Nj.
I almost went to Notre Dame. I had a lot of friends from St Pauls in Princeton go there.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide