Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #141
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Okay, that second one is just terrible.

Embarrasing moment

I was younger and by brother had just been bragging about my skill at riding to a group of cousins. I was putting away the tack, and some idiot had let this young pony stay drop tied in an area where he should have been secured. I put my foot-unknowingly- in the coil of his lead rope and something scared him. I was dragged like you see in the old western movies a good length of the field right infront of that group of cousins. That stung my pride for about a week.

Then I challenged them all to a race and beat em.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #142
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Okay, that second one is just terrible.

Embarrasing moment

I was younger and by brother had just been bragging about my skill at riding to a group of cousins. I was putting away the tack, and some idiot had let this young pony stay drop tied in an area where he should have been secured. I put my foot-unknowingly- in the coil of his lead rope and something scared him. I was dragged like you see in the old western movies a good length of the field right infront of that group of cousins. That stung my pride for about a week.

Then I challenged them all to a race and beat em.
Shows them right.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #143
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Well, I was in a play recently, and for one scene I was supposed to stay on stage. But instead, I just followed the person in front of me off stage. When I noticed I messed up, I just ran back on with everyone else. Luckily, the part I played was a group of people, so it didn't look as bad since we all went off stage. My mom said no of the audience noticed, though.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #144
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Well, I was in a play recently, and for one scene I was supposed to stay on stage. But instead, I just followed the person in front of me off stage. When I noticed I messed up, I just ran back on with everyone else. Luckily, the part I played was a group of people, so it didn't look as bad since we all went off stage. My mom said no of the audience noticed, though.
I've never had good luck with plays. In first grade, I was given the part of Little Red Riding Hood.
At least I was temporarily.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #145
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I've never had good luck with plays. In first grade, I was given the part of Little Red Riding Hood.
At least I was temporarily.
One time I had to play Hansel. I had to wear suspenders, too. But it wasn't a major play, so it was either me, or MB.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #146
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
One time I had to play Hansel. I had to wear suspenders, too. But it wasn't a major play, so it was either me, or MB.
That's why I'm SO GLAD I can't be in a play without being in drama. What could be worse than acting? Oh, right, a trip to my grandma's.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #147
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I was at Costco and I accidentally bumped into this lady's cart, hard and suddenly. Then it seemed like they followed us about the store.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #148
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You know what's really embarrassing? When you're laughing about something funny with your "cool" friends, and/or in the presence of someone you'd like to give a good impression to for whatever reason, and you accidentally snort-laugh - that piglet sounding snort-laugh. ACK!! So freakin' embarrassing. It just blows the cool image right out the window, and supplants it with goofy dorkish image. Instant Dork - just add snortling laugh.
Very true. Although I can't say I've had that happen to me in that type of crowd. My version would be an incredibly stupid high pitched laugh that erupts without warning. Rosie Gamgee knows what I'm talking about.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #149
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

One time we were somewhere, and MB and I were arguing about something. I thought she was walking right next to me, and I yelled something to her. Then, I turned to see if she was there, since she didn't reply. Next to me, I saw two girls staring at me. I mumbled something like "Um... hi." then I quickly walked away, trying to look as normal as possible.
I had just met those people that day, too. Not a very good first impression. Talk about awkward.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #150
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Justin Timberlake
Very true. Although I can't say I've had that happen to me in that type of crowd. My version would be an incredibly stupid high pitched laugh that erupts without warning. Rosie Gamgee knows what I'm talking about.
Yeah! I know kinda what you mean. But for me it's different. Even if I think something is genuinely funny, my laughs sound so forced and fake.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #151
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
My friend had a teacher who would go "ha ha, Just kidding!" And sign "J K" in sign language... She got really annoyed with this and her friends and her started going "Jesus Killer!" With the 'J K' whenever this lady would.... This was fine and funny untill later, she had a different teacher at a different place. She was the only one who realy knew that joke in the group... anyway. They had a sub and she did the whole "Ha ha, Just Kidding!" "JK" thing and she [my friend] went "Jesus Killer!" 'J K' In that funny, cheery way- The entire class stopped and started stareing at her. She was like "oh..." and started blushing.... She told me about it the next class we had together....

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #152
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

alright...so i was hanging out with my friends at school and my friend arthur and another girl come by and they look identical...its creepy. blonde hair and blue eyes....so i asked the girl if they were cousins! she said no...were going out...embarrassing

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #153
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
*laughs* I was totally dancing with my cousins at the wedding reception! We all had fun. (There were like, 6 of us all rocking out to "Taking care of buisness")

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #154
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

oh my god, i've got a bad one. i was in food tech in year 10, and i was cooking something with a bit of oil, then all of a sudden, the firebell goes off and the whole school had to miss like 1/4 hour of lessons! It terned out that they had a bloody firealarm in the actual room instead of the corridor.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #155
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
oh my god, i've got a bad one. i was in food tech in year 10, and i was cooking something with a bit of oil, then all of a sudden, the firebell goes off and the whole school had to miss like 1/4 hour of lessons! It terned out that they had a bloody firealarm in the actual room instead of the corridor.
OMG thats so funny!what school was this?

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #156
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

wildern school, in hedge end, between southampton and portsmoth, in hampshire, in england.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #157
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
... i tell you one thing that i think the truly funniest things on earth - when you get THE most completely hilarious MOST absurd, innapropriate gut wrenchingly funny images or thoughts JUST WHEN it is COMPLETELY the most inappropriate time ....

when you are contorting your face, coughing, tears streaming from your eyes, attempting to disguise your convulsing body ... and attempting to "wing" a fit because you are right on the edge of just plain cracking up with untold, uncontrollable mirth ...

... course, doesn't always work! - but when you go that bad - it's infectious - normally , one way or the other it manages to somehow rescue the situation - GOD! i love totally uncontollable infectious laughter!
I know someone who laughs all the time at almost anything. When she tries to hold in her laughter, she sounds like a whining dog! It's so funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You know what's really embarrassing? When you're laughing about something funny with your "cool" friends, and/or in the presence of someone you'd like to give a good impression to for whatever reason, and you accidentally snort-laugh - that piglet sounding snort-laugh. ACK!! So freakin' embarrassing. It just blows the cool image right out the window, and supplants it with goofy dorkish image. Instant Dork - just add snortling laugh.
Okay. Not my embarrassing moment, but anyway: at 4-H camp, the cabin I was with was doing ropes. There's this cable about half an inch in diameter that you try and cross only holding on to a rope. This one girl was going across, and she fell about two steps after she started. She was on her hands and knees, and it looked like she was crying. Then..... she snorted. And we all laughed.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #158
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

This one doesn't seem very embarrassing, but it was. So... MB and I were altar serving a a funeral. Our church recently got a new priest, so he was introducing himself to us. He introduced himself to me first, and we shook hands. Then after a few awkward moments, he said "Do you have a name?" because I hadn't introduced myself.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #159
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

and then you told him your name was pippin, right? right?
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #160
trolls' bane

That doesn't seem very embarassing, you're right.
I do that all the time.

But I have to admit, it's pretty embarassing when someone you talked to a few minutes ago asks how you're doing (i.e. a waitress/waiter, meaning how your food is doing), and you reply, "Good! How are you?"