Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #121
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
LOL JD... if that is in fact your real name.

What movie is that from!? Gah!!
It was used in "Friends" once, IIRC. ~ "Hello Grandma, if that is in fact your real name." - phoebe of course.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #122
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Change it to that devil!
Change it to what? To tell you the truth - I was initially going to take chiracs picture and an eiffel tower pic and a french flag pic and make an animated avatar with it - but I was way too tired.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #123
BeardofPants
the Shrike

That cute devil you had ages ago... You know, from the anti-theist thread, I think it was? Macs=evil, or something?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #124
jerseydevil

Quote:
That cute devil you had ages ago... You know, from the anti-theist thread, I think it was? Macs=evil, or something?
You mean this cute little guy - that I had a long time before all the anti-american stuff andf I was forced to make political statements with my avatar. Ahh - those were the days of innocence and peace and quiet on entmoot.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #125
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
You mean this cute little guy - ...
Yep... he's the cutest.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:26 PM   #126
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*rolls over in his shallow grave*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 PM   #127
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

i have been taking french in school for many many years now. Enough is enough. I'm not enjoying the French language at all, and I say that all French speaking people should just learn english.

Their language is very annoying, no offense :P

Just my 2 cents on the French Langauge.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #128
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hmmm, I hadn't thought we'd buried Tessar yet.... JD, did you not finish up with his extremities in your casserole? Tsk! Wasteful!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #129
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*rolls over inside JD's stomach, then*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #130
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
IR - I can't believe you told them this. I knew I should never have trusted you.

To tell people the truth - see what happened was I was convinced by the French news. They are so much smarter and superior than the rest of the world. They know exactly where they're going and how to rule the world properly. See my feeling - you learn from your mistakes and it seems like France has a thousand years of history and failures to fall back on. Chirac however - now he is MY hero. I just wish he could run for president of the US. My other favorite person is Koffi Annan. The whole food for oil scandal is a right wing consipiracy and is a smear campaign against him. The UN is the MOST IMPORTANT organization in the world and has solved ALL the worlds problems. Without the UN the world would be terrible with people getting their hands cut off, people dipped in acid, women stoned for minor infractions such as looking at a man, beheadings, suicide bombers - the UN does so much to prevent these things from happening.

By the way - I'm thiniking of giving up the english language completely. I see no reason for using english when French is such a beautiful and cultured language.

Jonathan - sorry for always calling you euro-whiner. You're right, everything in europe is perfect. I walk down the streets and with all the social programs and high taxes - everyone has jobs and no one is out on the streets homeless, there is NO crime at all, no graffiti, everything is like heaven in europe. It's quite unbelievable really. Oh - and the greatest thing - in france everyone wants people to be "French looking", you know - no headscarf wearers or other "outside looking" people here - so I had some plastic surgery done so I can look "French". It was great - it was completely paid for by their terrific national health care program which is billions in debt. I can now have frivolous operations whenever I want now. I think next year I might just get my tonsils out for the hell of it or should I do my appendix.

By the way - the French aren't surrender monkeys - they're just really a very generous people and misunderstood. They saw the German's wanted their country and they said okay - what is ours is yours. That's all. The rest of the world is just selfish by not giving their countries to their enemies. I wish Bush was more like that - we could have just given America to Al Qaeda. Bin Ladin wants it - America should learn from france and just be a completely giving country. It would solve a lot of death and destruction around the world. So women will have give up their freedoms and people will have to pray 5 times a day and alcohol will be outlawed, as well as most movies, but hey - the French are right - let's not overturn the world because of it all. (9/11 happens all over the world everyday - just get over it and move on. Let's all just get along and be happy.

I have a meeting with my new pal Chirac tomorrow. I'm going to suggest how I think that the EU should just be headquartered in paris and that all countries should let france do what ever they want. I'm quickly becoming Chirac's right-hand man. I really don't think Blair should be standing in the way of Chiracs power grab for control. Oh - and the friendship between Schroeder and Chirac - it's so sweet how they vote for each other when one isn't able to make an EU meeting. That is TRUE friendship and I think a lot of countries can learn from them.

Vive la France. Mon ami Chirac. Oh - I have a beret too now. Never liked baseball caps - but berets are really very cool. Well let me go back to my french wine, my truffles, brie and my Cornish Hen's a l'Orange. Oh - and tonight I'll bomb a McDonalds - because I don't want to have evil America infringing on my way of life anymore and destroy great culture with that Mickey Mouse and fastfood crap they call culture. Do you know that in france that the evil McDonalds multinational corporation hires Americans to actually drag French people to the McDonalds, tie them to a chair, steal their money and then force feed them hamburgers and fries? McDonalds doesn't stay in business there because French people actually CHOOSE to go there. It's the same with sucky American movies too although Jerry Lewis was a complete genius and I'll go freely with the other french people to see him. Why the hell don't Americans support Jerry Lewis? Another example of ignorant Americans not being able to see what REAL culture is and real humor I guess.

Well back to my french cigaretets - yeah - took up smoking - had to (national past time or something like that) and I have now started drinking real coffee. No wonder I never liked coffee before - in America it's like water. This stuff in France has a real bite to it.

*Puts beret over heart and sings*

It's like a song about triumphing over the tyranny of America and escaping the clutches of that lame, uncultured, obnoxious, fat, ignorant people.
ROFLMAO

hehe good one JD

Quote:
Oh - and tonight I'll bomb a McDonalds - because I don't want to have evil America infringing on my way of life anymore and destroy great culture with that Mickey Mouse and fastfood crap they call culture.
Hey ....go ahead and bomb Mc D's, but nothing is wrong with Mickey Mouse!!!

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:50 PM   #131
jerseydevil

Quote:
Hmmm, I hadn't thought we'd buried Tessar yet.... JD, did you not finish up with his extremities in your casserole? Tsk! Wasteful!
Well I finished with his limbs and stuff. Personally I like the thighs and ribs. I'm not really into the innards so I boil those up and feed them to my dogs. Liver, heart, brain, yuck.
Hotel Hell - stupid movie - but do you know what's in the sausage?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-22-2004, 11:52 PM   #132
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvengirl
ROFLMAO

hehe good one JD
Thanks.

and thanks Janny - sorry I had to use you for Janny burgers (but hey - there's more if anyone wants some)

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-23-2004, 02:21 AM   #133
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
I bet that's what they think of our language. They're far more purist over there.
JD, do you hate English now too?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:54 AM   #134
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Oh my goodness, JD your post... so... funny... can't stop laughing... bwahaha!!

And the little devil is the best! Trust me JD, you don't need your avatar to do the talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
i have been taking french in school for many many years now. Enough is enough. I'm not enjoying the French language at all, and I say that all French speaking people should just learn english.

Just my 2 cents on the French Langauge.
Bein donc HOBBIT, quelle espèce de bébé. Je sais, tu blagues. J'espère que tu blagues... et beaucoup de Français parlent déja l'Anglais, alors .

Hey
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:00 PM   #135
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

yes, keep on iot! and trick the newbies
that will ceartainly turn out very funny :P
Old 11-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #136
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaewen
I bet that's what they think of our language. They're far more purist over there.
JD, do you hate English now too?
Bah. The French language is the single weakest facet of their culture. I don't have very many complaints about the French, to be honest - but the language is just pathetic.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #137
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

C'est quoi que to fait l* l* Wayfarer?

I think you guys are just jealous of these cool letters: *âéêëèîïôöûüùç
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:33 PM   #138
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer
Bah. The French language is the single weakest facet of their culture. I don't have very many complaints about the French, to be honest - but the language is just pathetic.
French is my favorite language! Certainly preferrable to English. Mind your tongue .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 PM   #139
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Yeah well, guess what? I don't care what you think! Noted philogist JRR Tolkien agrees with me!

The French language is weak. It's boring. It's a sissy language.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-23-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #140
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer
Yeah well, guess what? I don't care what you think!
Well I agree too. I don't really care for the french language at all. I like italian and spanish better than french.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide