Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #121
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Walking out of my Speech classroom a few weeks ago, I banged my head against the door with a very loud clang, and all the classmates laughed. It was actually pretty funny.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM   #122
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

A clang? Do you have a metal plate in your head? Just playin'! You think that's bad, my poor boyfriend came home from work the other evening, and the screen door to the patio was closed, and it was twilight, without the lights on yet, so he couldn't see the screen, and yep - he went RIGHT through it, and totally destroyed the screen door, and literally kept going, my poor baby! and almost fell toppling OVER the balcony railing three stories down! He was so mad to be embarrassed, he was MAD! I couldn't crack up at him, of course, I had to rush over & make a big deal about it to make him feel better, the whole "oh, are you o. K.?" kind of thing, but I gotta say, it was hilARIOUS!!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #123
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ha! My brother did that once. Then he did it again througha sliding glass door. He got really buggered up though on that one, and it wasnt that funny. But the screen door was hilarious cause he got toppled over and then tangled in it.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #124
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's what my man DID! I'm laughing right now just thinking about it; it was so freakin' funny! Because he was SO mad to be embarrased, you know? And he couldn't get up for a second, all tangled in the screen door and temporarily freaked out. It was SO freakin' funny!! I can't TELL you how hard it was for me to prevent myself from cracking up at that, but he would have really been so embarrased even more if I had. Of course I'd never want to add, as it were, insult to injury by laughing at him. but oh my GOD it was funny!

Old 12-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #125
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
A clang? Do you have a metal plate in your head? Just playin'! You think that's bad, my poor boyfriend came home from work the other evening, and the screen door to the patio was closed, and it was twilight, without the lights on yet, so he couldn't see the screen, and yep - he went RIGHT through it, and totally destroyed the screen door, and literally kept going, my poor baby! and almost fell toppling OVER the balcony railing three stories down! He was so mad to be embarrassed, he was MAD! I couldn't crack up at him, of course, I had to rush over & make a big deal about it to make him feel better, the whole "oh, are you o. K.?" kind of thing, but I gotta say, it was hilARIOUS!!!
I used to do that all the time as a baby. I destroyed like five screen doors every quarter of the year!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #126
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh, I am laughin so hard right now i'm crying, because right before my brother barged into the screen door, he was sayin things like "Well, may god strike me down if i am wrong" because he was teasing me of how a womans place is in the kitchen. HE was just teasin but still, god got him.

I think, y'know, that incident was the sole factor in me getting my faith back.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #127
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Oh, I am laughin so hard right now i'm crying, because right before my brother barged into the screen door, he was sayin things like "Well, may god strike me down if i am wrong" because he was teasing me of how a womans place is in the kitchen. HE was just teasin but still, god got him.

I think, y'know, that incident was the sole factor in me getting my faith back.
Lol!!!! That's too much!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #128
trolls' bane

LOL! Serves him right. I'm probably just saying that cause I'm proud of myself because I now know how to cook an omlette!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #129
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well i gotta say the first thing that made me guffaw, was lief's clang!, but much more lotsy's quick reply ... gotta metal plate in there pal?

wa-hoot!

(understatement)

then all the shared experiences ... !!! (apparently me brother did it famously too - though before i was born)

...then lotsy, trying SO hard not to crack up!

wibbily belly laughing wa-hoots!

... i tell you one thing that i think the truly funniest things on earth - when you get THE most completely hilarious MOST absurd, innapropriate gut wrenchingly funny images or thoughts JUST WHEN it is COMPLETELY the most inappropriate time ....

when you are contorting your face, coughing, tears streaming from your eyes, attempting to disguise your convulsing body ... and attempting to "wing" a fit because you are right on the edge of just plain cracking up with untold, uncontrollable mirth ...

... course, doesn't always work! - but when you go that bad - it's infectious - normally , one way or the other it manages to somehow rescue the situation - GOD! i love totally uncontollable infectious laughter!

...when i lose it laughing - sometimes i just plain lose it ... it's like a fit ... has always worked out well though - though i just plain WILL NOT tell you some of the innaprpriate thoughts and situations in which it has happened...

ah! you have to larf innit?

hoooboy!

very best, BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #130
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB- Yeah, last May when my cousin got married, the priest guy officiating was SO hilarious he was like some sort of new-age kind of multi-priest, straight Northern California Berkeley type guy (my cousins and auntie all went to UC Berkeley, so it was fitting) but this guy was not supposed to be funny, obviously everyone was supposed to take him seriously, but both me & my dad were trying SO HARD not to crack up when he was speaking! It was a real struggle, let me tell you, but if I'd have cracked, oh, my family & my cousin would never have forgiven me. Oh LORD that guy was a riot!

Old 12-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #131
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

... well i am glad you can control it - i DO try ... but when i get the funnies ... i have to admit, sometimes ... ahem,... my icy self control... means about as much as an ACLU member trying to get a room, this time o' year, at the Papal inn ...

...YOU WANNA STABLE??? .. WHAT ARE YOU SOME SORT OF UNGODLY ANIMAL????

... just about says it all, don't it?

laughing, ...yours BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:07 PM   #132
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ha, there was this priest at my friends wedding, he was going so deadpan, most of the people were confused. He was so funny, finally he couldnt hold it HIMSELF and he had to chuckle. Then everyone let out a collective breath an figured out it was OK to laugh.

We all lost it, it was the happiest and funniest wedding i'd ever been to.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #133
trolls' bane

This ain't exactly an embaressing moment, but...
At my dad's friend's wedding rehersal, we were invited (had to come) so we could figure out where to set up the camera.
Instead of going through all that had to be said, the priest and his wife instead said "Blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah blah."
Old 12-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #134
katya
Elven Maiden

Haha, funny, TB.

At kendo the other day, there`s a guy, who`s a third year and so we all have to respect him, but his kiai (when you scream as you attack, basically) is sooo funny. I couldn`t help laughing when my friend and I were trying to practice. I swear to you, he sound like a mix between Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat and a dying turkey.

You`re right though, those times when you`re trying to hard not to laugh are the funniest. I can`t tell you how many times that has happened. I love when you laugh so hard you cry. That`s the best.

I have been pretty lucky, being in a stange country as it is, and having relatively few embarrasing moments. `Course, that`s no fun...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:49 AM   #135
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
I banged my head against the door with a very loud clang
At least it wasn't a loud crack followed by vibrating echoes...

I always end up laughing when that sort of stuff happens to me, even if it hurts. There really isn't much else one can do when one's friends are sitting there laughing non-stop, it's either laugh along with them or be laughed at.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Lady Marion Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:16 AM   #136
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
At least it wasn't a loud crack followed by vibrating echoes...

I always end up laughing when that sort of stuff happens to me, even if it hurts. There really isn't much else one can do when one's friends are sitting there laughing non-stop, it's either laugh along with them or be laughed at.
Or both .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #137
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hahaha, Maggie, example per excellance would be when you walked straight into the shrine's support post. That was priceless. I do believe you left a dent in it.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #138
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You know what's really embarrassing? When you're laughing about something funny with your "cool" friends, and/or in the presence of someone you'd like to give a good impression to for whatever reason, and you accidentally snort-laugh - that piglet sounding snort-laugh. ACK!! So freakin' embarrassing. It just blows the cool image right out the window, and supplants it with goofy dorkish image. Instant Dork - just add snortling laugh.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #139
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yep, I know that very well. Fortunatly I never try to be cool, so its not a problem. Its hazardous to your health and not all that fun.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #140
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It's not even about tryna be cool, it's just that if you WANTED to give off a collected, together, cool sort of vibe around certain people, and then this snortle coame out, well you'd be screwed.

Another mondo-embarrasso moment would be accidentally letting out a tiny fart when kissing someone for the first time, now THAT would take the cake!