Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2004, 03:07 PM   #121
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Rylkin was thinking about the movements of the Enemy, when his thoughts turned abruptly to the sea. A vast expanse of cool blue water, with gulls screeching out their cacophonic cry. A lonely sailor, barely a speck in the infinite blue, thinking of his wife and wondering when he will be able to return to her.

Then it stopped. He was back in the Elven city. It took him a moment to register what was happening. He fought down a wave of fear when he realized what had happened. He glanced around to make sure everyone was still there. He walked away, where he could still see his companions, but couldn't hear them.

This is another reason to tell them.... Rylkin thought, but still he didn't.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #122
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn looked down at his token once again before putting back in its place. With a sigh he stood and went back to the city. For some odd reason, the whole city seemed quieter, as well as gloomier. He looked around, not sure what for, and then began humming a song that perhaps would lighten up to mood. Soon though, he began to sing quietly:

I have sailed these seas,
I have held to my course,
I've been whipped by the winds,
And the gales of the North.
And I dream of home, full of comfort and warmth,
To carry me on through the journey.

I am weathered and drained from the suff'ring and worn,
And my vessel shows age, as I strain for the shore,
And I miss my kin, who have gone on before.
So I am still wreckless and yearning.

Far away my home seems to beckon me on,
To the land that there awaits,
There I will be free form the storms of the sea,
When I reach my home so far away!

The song had taken Rannyn's thoughts elsewhere, and he began to wander in the streets.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:27 PM   #123
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: *after the fiire was started and everyone doing their seperate things, devak crouched by the fire, and pulled out a long chain, On the end of it was a small ring, Definetly elven, and made out of solid mithril. she rolled it around in her hand,* I am ready for you sauron, you have fooled with me for the last time, *they came as a wisper* I promised Soleth and I promised Thyea now I promise myself, I will distroy you, * she slowly put the ring back under her clothes and knelt next to the fire* let luna be with me..............................

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:22 AM   #124
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rylkin stared into the shadows. The Enemy was strong here, unsusally so. What disturbed him most was that they had not made a move against him yet. Surely they would have noticed his presence by now, and made some attempt to discover his purpose. Or at least destroy him.

No, they are up to something, Rylkin thought. But what?

He noticed Devak sitting by the fire. You might want to get to know them, he thought. He sat down next to Devak. "So, where are you from?" He asked.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:21 AM   #125
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: *she looked at Rylkin, and she looked around her they were the only two there and she did own somebody an explaination....*
I'm form middle earth... I would like to tell you more but right now... I need to think, *she walked off towards a line of caves leaveing Rylkin speachless*

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 03-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #126
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn somehow ended back on the outskirts of the city when a man came up to him, "You there!" he shouted, "Wait!" Rannyn turned to the man and sighed, "Yes?" The man squinted and look closely at Rannyn, "You look strangely familiar..have we met?" Shaking his head Rannyn replied, "No, I believe we have not." The man nodded and circled him, and seemed to be observing him. Suddenly , he grabbed his arm and with a swift movement, pinned him against a tree. "Yes! I remember you!" the man cried as he pulled away the cloth covering his right arm, showing the tattoo. "Your one of them aren't you!" Before Rannyn could reply or do anything, the man punched him in the stomach. Rannyn groaned, as the man punched him again. While the hand was returning to secure him, Rannyn grabbed it and swung the man around, putting a knife in his back. While doing so, the man had stabbed him in the leg. Rannyn grimaced as he took out the knife and put his hand on his leg. He ripped the cloth on his other arm and tied it around the wound, hoping it wouldn't bleed through. No one needed to know about this.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Old 03-31-2004, 12:20 AM   #127
Gulio, Strength of Many

Devak left suddenly, after admitting to be from the Mainland. She seemed ashamed of this, or something. Rylkin didn't understand her at all. Women, he thought.

He decided to go for a walk, to see more of the city. He saw Rannyn standing next to a tree, with only one sleeve. "What happened?" he asked.

"I was uh, getting hot," Rannyn replied.

"I see."

Old 03-31-2004, 01:23 AM   #128
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn nodded, he was sweating though not from the heat. He tore off his other sleeve and used it to wipe his brow. He sighed, the pain in his leg getting stronger. He silently prayed the blade was not posioned.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 04-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #129
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

*Devak walked away from the fire, she felt tired but then she wasn't.
Devak: Why? That's all I ask, Why do I have to be crused? First I loose my love... *a russle in the bushes made her stop in mid-sentance, Devak slowly drew her sword and turned to her attacker.*
Devak: Sauron!?
Sauron: *laughs* I told you I'd be back...
Devak: * she fingered her sword with anticipation* What do you want sauron?
Sauron: *grabs Devaks hands and pulls her close* You!
Devak: *devak Kicks at sauron but he lets go and she stands in-front of him* Charming just charming... What do you really want sauron?
Sauron: You're smart Devak too smart at times, You know what I want,
Devak: Middle-earth...
Sauron: And you at my side as my queen, *smiles*
Devak: I have told you time and time agian, Sauron, Never! *Devak turns to walk away but Sauron grabs her by the waist*
Devak: Let me go! *Devak kicks at Sauron and lands one right in his crouch,Sauron let's go and Devak tumbles to the ground and she jumps to her feet*
Devak: Remember sauron, Never! *With that Devak runs off into the woods*

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 04-02-2004, 01:52 AM   #130
Aewionen
Elf Lord

"So..." Rannyn tried to change the subject quickly, "have you seen any of our companions? They all seemed to have dissappeared." He winced slightly again as another surge of pain went through his leg.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 04-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #131
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: The nerve of that ***hole. I... *she walked up to Rannyn*
Are you alright? *he was wincing in pain she could sense it* Sorry Rylkin, I need to barrow him for a min... *grabs Rannyn By the arm and yanks him off into the clearing* What happened? *she sat down on the warm earth*

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 04-02-2004, 08:15 PM   #132
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rylkin was about to say that he didn't really understand any of them, when Devak walked up, cursing about something, and drug Rannyn off. Rannyn was really in no condition to resist, Rylkin could see that much, so he shifted into a green songbird and followed the two.

Devak sat down in a clearing, and asked what had happened. Rylkin was nearly invisible in the bright green foliage of the tree.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #133
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

OC: Very nice Gulio! You spy!!!!
IC:
Devak So now anyway what happened? And don't lie to me I'll be able to tell, and I hate it when people lie....

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 04-04-2004, 02:14 AM   #134
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Who, me?

Old 04-05-2004, 07:43 PM   #135
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn stood, not really wanting to tell Devak what happened, "I just got in a bit of a fight, thats all. Nothing major. Slimy git put a knife in my leg..." he said as he unwrapped his sleeve that covered the wound. "But I'll live. No need to fret."

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 04-06-2004, 08:01 PM   #136
Amea
Elven Warrior

*devak looked at the wound, it had an unclean sheen to it, it made her very uneasy*
Devak: I don't like the way that looks, Let me go find some Alten, it shound make it heal all up *devak disapeared into the woods leaving Rannyn alone in the clearing*

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 04-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #137
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn nodded as she left, "I...I guess I'll just stay here then shall I?" he asked himself as he began tapping his fingers. He looked down at his wound, "That'll leave a nasty scar 'eh?" he smiled, for what reason he was not sure. He had a feeling that Devak would ask more about how he got the wound and who gave it to him, though there isnt really a need to know...since the man is dead..., he thought. "Walking is always the best remedy now isn't it?" he again asked himself as he walked around a bit, with an uneasy feeling of himself being watched.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 04-06-2004, 11:44 PM   #138
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: 'Walk it off, suck it up, be a man' Heh heh heh, sounds like MY family Our motto is "We're not having fun until somebody's bleeding." Basketball is fun when we get together

ic: Devak commented on the looks of the wound, and took off to get some healing stuff. Rannyn seemed uncertian as of what to do now, and was walking around. Rylkin grinned micheviously, and shifted into his human form, except only a few inches tall.

"What're you doing?" he called to Rannyn, still hidden in the tree.

ooc:

Old 04-07-2004, 12:27 AM   #139
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rannyn jumped back, stumbling against a tree. He cursed under his breath as he stood again, "Who's there?!" he demanded, though he felt rather foolish. (are you my conscience?) Instead of waiting for an answer, Ranny replied, "I am walking it off. It is only a flesh wound anyhow." Might as well answer it's question.

ooc: Monty Python moment! : "Its only a flesh wound!"
"Your arm is off!"
"No it isn't!"

sorry I had to say it!

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 04-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #140
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

OOC: Here's a slightly different version.
Demon: It's only a scratch
Hunter: No it isn't, your head's cut off
Demon: Oh..... oops

IC: "So is the prophecy is coming true then?" I asked the frail form
"Yes, Talenyn. It started with your parents."
"So that's why..."
"Yes child." She intterupted. "That's why we tried to stop them.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote