Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #101
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! It was fantastic!
Orlando was a gorgeous as ever and Johnny Depp was brilliant! He was sooooooo funny! "that's intresting"

Some parts were quite creepy. lol.

It is one of the best films i've seen for AGES!
I'm seeing it again next week!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #102
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Saw it at the cinema on Thursday, opening day Was so great. Am still loving the effects and everything about it. But mostly I love the was Jack Sparrow speaks. I would say most of the funniest moments were thanks to him.

I want to know more about Bootstrap Bill, I mean, he must've been cursed too, neh? So how would losing him to Davey Jones' locker help the situation? The only solution I can think of is that he didn't steal a piece of gold from the chest, but from one of the pirates and sent it to Will. But am not sure that'd work either. If anyone can explain this please do. *is confused*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:52 PM   #103
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
I want to know more about Bootstrap Bill, I mean, he must've been cursed too, neh? So how would losing him to Davey Jones' locker help the situation? The only solution I can think of is that he didn't steal a piece of gold from the chest, but from one of the pirates and sent it to Will. But am not sure that'd work either. If anyone can explain this please do. *is confused*
Interesting that you bring that up, because that thought crossed my mind during the second time I saw it. Bootstrap was against the crew leaving Sparrow on the island, but he didn't get stuck on the island with him, so it would seem that he stayed with the crew. If he was with the crew, it would seem that he would be cursed to. If he's cursed, he can't die, so he'd still be alive at the bottom of the ocean, right?

You bring up a good point though. Maybe he left the crew after they marooned Jack but before they took the treasure. Then he ran into them again later and realized the gold was cursed and sent a piece to Will to get back at them.

But if that's the case, why did they need his blood to lift the curse? It seems that everyone that took the gold to begin with had to be there to lift the curse. So if Bootstrap wasn't cursed, why did they need him to lift the curse?

*head explodes*

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:01 PM   #104
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Interesting that you bring that up, because that thought crossed my mind during the second time I saw it. Bootstrap was against the crew leaving Sparrow on the island, but he didn't get stuck on the island with him, so it would seem that he stayed with the crew. If he was with the crew, it would seem that he would be cursed to. If he's cursed, he can't die, so he'd still be alive at the bottom of the ocean, right?

You bring up a good point though. Maybe he left the crew after they marooned Jack but before they took the treasure. Then he ran into them again later and realized the gold was cursed and sent a piece to Will to get back at them.

But if that's the case, why did they need his blood to lift the curse? It seems that everyone that took the gold to begin with had to be there to lift the curse. So if Bootstrap wasn't cursed, why did they need him to lift the curse?

*head explodes*

Yes, I thought of that last one too. That leaves the only option to be that Bootstrap is in fact still alive. Unless by passing the gold onto Will he removed the curse from himself. But then surely Will would be cursed, and then Elizabeth when she stole it, but you'd think they'd've noticed if they turned into freaky undead things every full moon. And then they wouldn't need his blood.

I can think of a possible scenario, but is unlikely and complicated. If Bootstrap didn't like them because of what they did to Jack and thought they should be cursed, then maybe he...actually wait, that wouldn't work either. Was going to say maybe he paid the blood already and put his coin back and sent Will one he later came across but then they wouldn't need Turner blood. But that could work if they misunderstood the curse, and the gold required the blood of anyone who had the gold. But they spent it didn't they. Hmm.

Bootstrap must still be alive. Because even if he was dropped with a cannon strapped to him he has had ten years to get it off and walk to land. Maybe a PotC II could help us with this

Maybe it is a smart curse and can tell he wasn't a greedy nasty man.

I stayed right to the end of the credits to see the extra scene and my thought on that was NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Damn you monkey!!!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-12-2003, 05:49 PM   #105
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! It was fantastic!
Orlando was a gorgeous as ever and Johnny Depp was brilliant! He was sooooooo funny! "that's intresting"

Some parts were quite creepy. lol.

It is one of the best films i've seen for AGES!
I'm seeing it again next week!
Glad ye finally saw it, mate! It was great, eh?

I think I've been bit by the dread Curse, fer now all I seem t' think about is Pirates, savvy? I really love that movie!
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:43 AM   #106
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Quote:
I think I've been bit by the dread Curse, fer now all I seem t' think about is Pirates, savvy? I really love that movie!
lol
same here i LOVE it!

Me and my mates went into a toyshop and we found all these pirate hats and they were fantastic lol. We were trying them on and we found swords too lol but we kept getting funny looks and all these 6 yr olds were stood watching us fighting. I must have been quite funny though for them or maybe scary lol 3 15 year old girls sword fighting.

Oooooh and do you know what else i keep doing and it's starting to drive me mad. You know Johnny Depp he kept putting his hand up and half curling up his fingers (didn't explain that very well) but i keep doing it and i look like a real twit. lol
Old 08-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #107
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
You know Johnny Depp he kept putting his hand up and half curling up his fingers (didn't explain that very well) but i keep doing it and i look like a real twit. lol
I did that anyway. So must've looked like an idiot anyway.

Quote:
I think I've been bit by the dread Curse, fer now all I seem t' think about is Pirates, savvy?
I hate to be pedantic and all, but ye can't put "savvy" at the end of everything you say. Am sorry am language student and can't help it; if you want to speak old peasant english you still have to get it right am that much of a pain in the ass.

Anyway, if it were me you meant, with the Jack Sparrow avatar, here be another:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jackii.jpg (4.3 KB, 22 views)

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-13-2003, 07:32 PM   #108
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Am sorry am language student and can't help it; if you want to speak old peasant english you still have to get it right am that much of a pain in the ass.
A few pronouns probably wouldn't hurt either, eh?

*sigh* still waiting for the movie to come out in NZ. In the meantime, I will tide myself over by reading the Hand-puppet version.

Last edited by Sheeana : 08-13-2003 at 08:14 PM.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #109
Nimrodel_White_Lady
Hobbit

Ive seen the movie, like three times, and absolutely love it. Orlando looked cute with his goatee, and Depp had excellent acting! He pulled his character off so well. Though, I have to admit, my favorite pirate was a tie between the one with One eye and the monkey

"A red sun rises, blood has been spilt on this night"

Arrr to the Elven Pirate... savvy?

Arrr ye be a muppet -------> =0

Last edited by Nimrodel_White_Lady : 08-13-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Nimrodel_White_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:49 PM   #110
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I loved PotC. Orli was so hot....*ahem* Anyway, really good acting in there. I loved Johnny Depp. He did an excellent job on his character. I loved Orlando, too. *sigh*
Old 08-14-2003, 01:38 AM   #111
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I forgot to post this, but I just recently (finally!) saw it with turtlelover. And it was great! Jack was, of course, the best! (and turtlelover and I did prove that scientifically, we had a contest with Oreo cookies about whether Jack or Will was hotter)

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #112
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
A few pronouns probably wouldn't hurt either, eh?

*sigh* still waiting for the movie to come out in NZ. In the meantime, I will tide myself over by reading the Hand-puppet version.
Am above pronouns!

And that Hand puppet thing is so amusing.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #113
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Shuddup. It's all I've got. *Goddamned NZ getting movies last!*
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:07 PM   #114
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Quote:
Though, I have to admit, my favorite pirate was a tie between the one with One eye and the monkey
I loved the Pirate with one eye too lol! He was so funny. It was funny when he got that fork stuck in his eye. lol.
No the best bit was when him and the other guy were in the boat with the dresses on. lol
Old 08-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #115
Nimrodel_White_Lady
Hobbit

I know! That was hilarious lol, I also liked it when they were in the caves talking to each other, and holding open the umbrella's over themselves, then the guy walks past giving them a wierd look lol. Quite funny really... lol

Old 08-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #116
Nimrodel_White_Lady
Hobbit

Quote:

Bootstrap must still be alive. Because even if he was dropped with a cannon strapped to him he has had ten years to get it off and walk to land. Maybe a PotC II could help us with this
Hey, there is going to be a PotC 2! There's like some major rumours flying round, and I think its a definate, it should be coming out next year!

Old 08-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #117
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

That would be great Hope you're right.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:50 PM   #118
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Shuddup. It's all I've got. *Goddamned NZ getting movies last!*
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be nasty about it.

Quote:
Hey, there is going to be a PotC 2! There's like some major rumours flying round, and I think its a definate, it should be coming out next year!
I heard that too. I hope there is, but it best have story and be good. If they can't think of a story, then I sure hope they don't as don't want to ruin it.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-16-2003, 03:16 PM   #119
Nimrodel_White_Lady
Hobbit

I know what you mean, people keep doing sequels, and they turn out, like, the same as the previous ones... overusage

Old 08-17-2003, 12:51 PM   #120
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

And Disney has made a habit out of doing direct to video sequels. 0.0 I can see it now:

"Pirates of the Caribbean 2: The Adventures of Will and Elizabeth"--animated! Featuring the voices of Michael J. Fox as Will, Drew Barrymore as Elizabeth Swann, and Mark Hamill as Jack Sparrow! Also featuring Shaq as the new villain--Barby, Barbossa's son!"

I'm weird.