Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #101
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
Phooka--heh, I understand how you feel. I'm only an inch shorter (the summer before I turned twelve, I shot up to about 5'8"--four or five inches in a matter of months! Painful! ). I hated being taller than everyone else growing up. I've gotten used to my height now, and am more comfortable with myself.
Yeah, I hear you on that Crick. I remember when I was younger, one summer I grew 10 inches!! I have always been taller than everyone too, in school, I was always the tallest, until High School, my friend was taller by 3 inches. Even in college at a school as big as mine, there still aren't many people at my height or bigger (6'5", which isn't huge, but it's well above average).

LOL, the weirdest thing is that my parents are no where near me. My mother is 5'2" and my father is 5'10". Very strange! And, yes I am their son
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:04 PM   #102
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

whoa! 6'5"?! Are you single?! lol j/k I'm 5'11" and I can't find many guys my age who are taller than me! According to this thread, though, I'm living in the wrong place! lol

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:09 PM   #103
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

i am 6'2 but i hope to be 6'3 by the time i graduate. anything taller than 6'3 is to tall to play goalie for soccer.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:26 AM   #104
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ravyn
whoa! 6'5"?! Are you single?! lol j/k I'm 5'11" and I can't find many guys my age who are taller than me! According to this thread, though, I'm living in the wrong place! lol
lol, as a matter of fact and as of a few weeks ago I am single

It's funny, cuz I can never find a taller girl! lol, I usually end up dating the shorter women, though I did date 2 girls who were about 5'8"-5'9"...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 12:28 AM   #105
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
i am 6'2 but i hope to be 6'3 by the time i graduate. anything taller than 6'3 is to tall to play goalie for soccer.
Not true, I played keeper for years and I was 6'3"-6'5" at the time

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 12:42 AM   #106
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey is it true that tall guys compensate by being smaller in other areas?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #107
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Hey is it true that tall guys compensate by being smaller in other areas?
Nope, my hands and feet are big as well

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #108
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You poor thing. *pats dunny on the head* It's okay, size doesn't really matter.

Old 01-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #109
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
You poor thing. *pats dunny on the head* It's okay, size doesn't really matter.
Glad I am tall then

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 01:09 AM   #110
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

im about 6'1 but ill probly be 6'3 or 6'4
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:10 AM   #111
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Glad I am tall then
Yeah, at least *something's* big right?
Old 01-30-2004, 01:16 AM   #112
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Yeah, at least *something's* big right?

ooooh man cmon guys this is pg 13
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-30-2004, 01:20 AM   #113
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
ooooh man cmon guys this is pg 13
She's just jealous, because I have the extra locks on my pants now and she can't steal them...

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #114
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
She's just jealous, because I have the extra locks on my pants now and she can't steal them...
*looks down* ****
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-30-2004, 02:00 AM   #115
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Not true, I played keeper for years and I was 6'3"-6'5" at the time
yah, but every kid i know that is over 6'3 is really pinner and cant do anything in any sport really cuz they are such pushovers. In fact, all tall people are pushovers in sports

Lemmings

Swron

Old 01-30-2004, 02:02 AM   #116
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Gimli, I wouldn't want your stoner pants if they mutinied on you and crawled over to my secret lair. Dunny, I hate to break it to you, but those locks aren't keeping the pants safe - besides if I can't get the pants off, I'll just have to stick you in my trophy room as well. I think I can live with that.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:05 AM   #117
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Gimli, I wouldn't want your stoner pants if they mutinied on you and crawled over to my secret lair. Dunny, I hate to break it to you, but those locks aren't keeping the pants safe - besides if I can't get the pants off, I'll just have to stick you in my trophy room as well. I think I can live with that.
LOL! Now we're talking, I like the sound of that!

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 02:11 AM   #118
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Gimli, I wouldn't want your stoner pants if they mutinied on you and crawled over to my secret lair.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, if only my parents actually checked what we did on the internet gimli would be sooo busted because of all you people.

Lemmings

Swron

Old 01-30-2004, 02:14 AM   #119
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, if only my parents actually checked what we did on the internet gimli would be sooo busted because of all you people.
You and Gimli are brothers?

--Linaewen
Old 01-30-2004, 03:15 AM   #120
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
You and Gimli are brothers?
yeah - that's why they were called the number brothers. There is Legolas#### too, but he isn't on that much.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-30-2004 at 03:16 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote