Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2002, 11:22 PM   #101
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Huh! wait 'till you see my swollen ankles

Seriously..........the WDrawel effects are terrible........although not as terrible as the long-term effects (I hope).

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 11:25 PM   #102
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Lol, well cones just keep a good sense of humor about it all, that's the toughest part of any hard job. Again, good luck.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 11:29 PM   #103
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
Lol, well cones just keep a good sense of humor about it all, that's the toughest part of any hard job. Again, good luck.
TY ......as of now (about 10 hours) I've stopped again .........just need to find an answering machine for the God-phone (toilet)

Beatallica
Old 11-30-2002, 09:33 AM   #104
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Man, I have no where to post tonight so I'll post...well it's obvious isn't it.

Lizra, does smoke from other people's cig's bother you or do you like it? (Now that you've quit)

Other: Same question.

Purpose: I want to see if there is a difference from someon who has quit for a long time, and someone who recently quit.
I absolutely detest it, Even if I was alone with Aragorn, and nostril burning cig smoke wafted up my nose, I'd split! I was not as phsyically addicted as someone like my husband though. I was more of a habitual, social smoker, I got nervous when I couldn't smoke, because I was used to the ritual of doing it, particularly when talking on the phone. I don't think I ever actually enjoyed the toxic exhust going down my windpipe though! I would think, if you were a reformed addict, second hand smoke would just make you nervous and bum you out, causing you too leave.(?) This is good (IMO), the more people can be conditioned to think of smoking as pathetic and uncool, the less there will be!
Old 11-30-2002, 11:51 PM   #105
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Very good luck to everyone quitting smoking! Good job! Not everyone is strong enough to do that.

Personally, no smoking experience whatsoever. I couldn't; I choke whenever I smell cig. smoke! It's awful walking into Wal-Mart, 'cause all the employees stand outside in any weather, just because they're addicted to little sick sticks. Part of me feels like going up to one, grabbing their pack away, and be "Little Miss DARE officer." But since I'm NOT Little Miss DARE Officer...I practice for scuba diving and hold my breath until I'm safely past the cart line.

Anyway...good luck again! Try to do something else...eat a lot of chocolate!!! (Hey, it helps everything else.... )
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:42 PM   #106
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Me? Smoke? Good gracious, I'm not even old enough to drive, let alone smoke.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 08:22 PM   #107
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Claenoic
Me? Smoke? Good gracious, I'm not even old enough to drive, let alone smoke.
lol same here! I just found this thread, too bad if its old

Need some inspiration go here Cancer Sucks

Its made in memory of my Grandma.

I cant even be in a room with someone who smokes. Seriously. My mom takes my younger sisters to this all ages club to watch local bands and I stay home because ppl smoke and I cannot be around smoke. Just cant. I used to be able to stay around it but i guess since everybody in my family quit I've lost my immunness to it.

Yeah those anti smoking ads for teens suck. Really bad. I dont think all the ads in the world are going to help. Theres a store RIGHT next door to my school. And everybody knows that they dont ID. They will give anyone a beer or ciggerete for money. ppl have called to cops and everything but they havent been shut down yet. *sigh* those poor poor ppl.

Oh hey, inspiration for anyone who's doing ecstacy/speed. I went to a HUGE concert (actually worked at it w/the cancer thingy ^^) And there was this girl that had been crowd surfing. Well they ran over with her and put her on a strecher. A few minutes later she was having convulsions. He had broken her neck/back, and to make it worse, she was on speed. Let me tell you, i thought i was going to vomit seeing her have convulsions like that. My mom and sisters on the other hand watched like they were in a trance.

Oh and talk about DARE! lol here (in oklahoma) they have Operation Aware. And they even tell you how to use the drugs! lol oh yeah, no wonder we're like the #1 state to make Meth!

Good luck to ya all! You can do it! (of course that "you can do it!" is in the You can do it guy voice you know what i'm talking about if you have seen just about any adam sandler movie )
Old 12-02-2002, 05:46 AM   #108
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Good question, I can't answer it because I started on the cancer-sticks again at about midday (smoked 4 tabs)

Good luck Claenoic and Dunadan..........I'm back with the withdrawal symptoms again tomorrow
Ah... well, ahem. (turns red and averts eyes)

Bless me, Mooters, for I have sinned. You know how it is, weekend in Paris, smell of Gauloises, late nights in bars drinking cognac, isn't it? People in dark polo necks earnestly discussing semiotics. Oooh! They might as well give you a packet of Gitanes when you get off the train and hold a gun to your head. So, I smoked. You have to. It's the law there.

I know, I know. And now I'm paying. Back to square 1 and all that. But it's not square 1, it's square 4 or 5. So keep at it. The strongest "prognostic factor" for successfully giving up is "number of previous attempts".

Liked the Mark Twain quote on the previous page. That's me now. Hope to make it through that stage sometime soon.

Good luck everyone.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 10:31 PM   #109
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
ya all
OMG i just realized that i said that! HELP ME THE OKIES ARE RUBBING OFF ON ME!!!!!

Anybody have an extra plane ticket lying around? Say for Austrailia???
Old 12-02-2002, 10:47 PM   #110
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan
I know, I know. And now I'm paying. Back to square 1 and all that. But it's not square 1, it's square 4 or 5. So keep at it. The strongest "prognostic factor" for successfully giving up is "number of previous attempts".
Yep just got to keep quitting. I know that at least one night over the xmas hols I'll be out at a pub/club with friends, get blinding drunk and probably have a cigar or similar (alchohol really does reduce willpower)............but next day I'll be stopped again

It's just strange how much more "normal" you feel when smoking I guess it's just the psyke playing tricks to fool me into having a smoke

Beatallica
Old 12-03-2002, 05:56 AM   #111
Dunadan

Quote:
It's just strange how much more "normal" you feel when smoking I guess it's just the psyke playing tricks to fool me into having a smoke
Yeah, there's something right down in the brain stem or somewhere which makes you feel empty without a tab.

Still, it gets better, and it seems easier giving up from a lapse than it did at the very beginning.

d.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #112
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

No, no, no! You are not normal when you smoke! You are a freak!!! Remember that!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:17 PM   #113
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
No, no, no! You are not normal when you smoke! You are a freak!!! Remember that!
Yeah that's true.

THE INSANITY OF SMOKING: I had to pop into the main office building this morning and I saw dozens of folks outside the main doors, huddled together trying to shelter from the wind and rain, trying to smoke there little lungbusters as quickly as possible.............and I think I'm a freak

I walked past them into the lovely warm building with great satisfaction .......... a while ago I would have been stood shivering and coughing with them

My little relapse didn't seem to effect me much, withdrawal symptoms only lasted about a day

I've got some nicotine-replacement chewing gum in case a I have another relapse (expensive stuff and tastes like crud, but better than smoke)

Beatallica
Old 12-03-2002, 12:52 PM   #114
Dunadan

Yes, being liberated from all that stuff is tremendous (note to self: cling on to that thought). No longer is the first thought whenever going somewhere: "where and when will I be able to have a smoke?"

However, it has a down side. I find, at conferences and the like, the most interesting and sociable people are the ones hanging about at the door smeurking tabs.

Then again, maybe it just seems like that because you can talk about hanging about outside the door smeurkin tabs.

Quote:

I've got some nicotine-replacement chewing gum in case a I have another relapse (expensive stuff and tastes like crud, but better than smoke)
I've found it to be the most effective form of NRT: near-instant relief! (Gotta remember not to chew after the first 30 secs tho)

cheers

d.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:39 PM   #115
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

What you said, Coney, about seeing all the people standing around smoking outside the office building reminded me of something. All of you need to read the short story "The Ten O'Clock People" by Stephen King. It's in the book "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". Check it out from the local library and read it. It's freaky, but I think all you (ex-)smokers might like it.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #116
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
What you said, Coney, about seeing all the people standing around smoking outside the office building reminded me of something. All of you need to read the short story "The Ten O'Clock People" by Stephen King. It's in the book "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". Check it out from the local library and read it. It's freaky, but I think all you (ex-)smokers might like it.
Hmm, I'm not the biggest lover of King's work but I'll give it a go

Thanx

Beatallica
Old 12-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #117
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Is it the one about the Quit smoking business where they'll kill your family if you smoke (Talk about motivation).

Or was that in Cat's Eye?

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 04:49 PM   #118
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

sorry i haven't been around!
wow, that sounds absolutely horrifying, Coney.
why haven't i had any of it?
i got butterflies the day after that little "party" that's it. i'd gladly take some of what your going thru to help out if i could. that sounds like having the flu times 36!
i can't under stand why it's so, absent (the withdrawls i mean.) i was at like a pack a day for over two years i think...

.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
i too have the boredom
Old 12-06-2002, 04:57 PM   #119
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Happy Lungs are Here Again!

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
sorry i haven't been around!
wow, that sounds absolutely horrifying, Coney.
why haven't i had any of it?
i got butterflies the day after that little "party" that's it. i'd gladly take some of what your going thru to help out if i could. that sounds like having the flu times 36!
i can't under stand why it's so, absent (the withdrawls i mean.) i was at like a pack a day for over two years i think...

.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
i too have the boredom
To be honest I have no idea why I suffered the withdrawel so badly ............ apparently my father was exactly the same when he quit..........maybe some are more susceptable than others.......

It's brilliant that you've quit so easily LT ....... I'm soo jealous

How long have you been quit?

EDIT: I recognise that avatar LT Can think of a few folks I could brew a cup of that for

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 12-06-2002 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:33 PM   #120
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Is it the one about the Quit smoking business where they'll kill your family if you smoke (Talk about motivation).

Or was that in Cat's Eye?
That was "Quitters, Inc." (yet another fine Stephen King story about smoking) and it was in the book Night Shift.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote