Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #81
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
No. I could easily survive without chocolate.
You are a freak ... chocolate is the food of life... without it, I'd die.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:09 PM   #82
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
....tip toes in and takes a look........flees from the scene........
Freakin' spammer!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #83
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Ah, thank you, Ruinel. My freak-dom is something I revel in.

And posting to call someone a spammer is spamming, and you spam a lot. It's kind of annoying...
Old 12-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #84
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Ah, thank you, Ruinel. My freak-dom is something I revel in.
I'm glad to have sprinkled a little sunshine on your life today. Thank you and come again.

Quote:
And posting to call someone a spammer is spamming, and you spam a lot. It's kind of annoying...
errrr...yeeeeeeaaaaah... that's the point.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:22 PM   #85
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
And posting to call someone a spammer is spamming
I think it was done in jest kiddo.

Any Starr, as far your life goes you seem like a admirable young lady and I wish you you luck in life.

Even if you think love is pretenatural in orgin and not soley oxyticin, vasopressin, and serotin.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #86
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
And posting to call someone a spammer is spamming

Always Starr, as far your life goes you seem like a admirable young lady and I wish you you luck in life.

Even if you think love is pretenatural in orgin and not soley oxyticin, vasopressin, and serotin.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 12-15-2003, 03:08 PM   #87
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Innocense in action.
To preserve that which was not possessed is no accomplishment save in the 21st century sexual activitiy is the norm before puberty.
Predicting the future can be hazardous to your health; although I do wish you honor and the backbone to keep your values.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #88
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Yeah, it was. lol! Sorry if not all saw this. It was supposed to be irony.

Quote:
Even if you think love is pretenatural* in orgin and not soley oxyticin, vasopressin, and serotin.
*p-r-e-t-e-r-n-a-t-u-r-a-l? Oh Elven Lord of Typing Errors?
Old 12-15-2003, 07:09 PM   #89
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I thought he'd spelled that wrong, but I didn't want to point it out, in case I was wrong.

And hey, I'm not denying that the feelings of LUST are related to those chemicals, (though I know the most about oxyticin...oxytocin?), or maybe even he feelings of love. Hormones and chemical reactions are undeniably a part of human life. But, I believe that the reactions that create the feeling of LOVE are triggered by a preternatural source.

Sorry Ruinel, I'm a bit of a teenage grump right now. Blarg...still sick.

Spock: I'm not really trying to predict my future, though yes, I do believe I will remain a virgin until marriage. If I fall I'll probably berate myself for being unable to control myself (and without going into any detail, there have been times, especially within the last three months, when it would have been very easy to throw my values to the wind and give in to hormones), but I wouldn't kill myself over it either. ::shrug:: And heck, I know people who dont' want to have their first kiss until their wedding day. o.O

Last edited by Starr Polish : 12-15-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Starr Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 PM   #90
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
*p-r-e-t-e-r-n-a-t-u-r-a-l? Oh Elven Lord of Typing Errors?
I have to be worthy of my title.

Quote:
And hey, I'm not denying that the feelings of LUST are related to those chemicals, (though I know the most about oxyticin...oxytocin?), or maybe even he feelings of love. Hormones and chemical reactions are undeniably a part of human life. But, I believe that the reactions that create the feeling of LOVE are triggered by a preternatural source.
Just a quick note LUST is a hormonal testosterone and estrogen.

The head over heels crazy giddy insane feelings of mad passionate love is a lot of serotin.

The calm lasting love is oxytocin and vessopression. Which is present in orgasms and breast feeding.

HOWEVER, Starr I was only teasing you with my quote as Ruinel was teasing Spock.

I know you are a believer

I was not hoping to start a volley upon the epistemology of love it was just a little teasing to preempt any possible rising conflict between you an Ruinel.

I will try this again .As I stated in my earlier, I think that you are fine young lady, even with certain numinous leanings

'Dern Helm"

Last edited by afro-elf : 12-15-2003 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #91
Mercutio

Whatever it is, it's not before marriage.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #92
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

A.E. epistemology

I'm impressed.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #93
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Sorry Ruinel, I'm a bit of a teenage grump right now. Blarg...still sick.
That's cool
Quote:
...And heck, I know people who dont' want to have their first kiss until their wedding day. o.O [/B]
Yeah, no kidding. What if he has the kiss of a dead fish... ick.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #94
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
I could easily survive without chocolate.
You know that chocolate is an aprodisiac??

Another question is why do most threads about sex have to have someone who isn't into it posting alot in these threads???
Old 01-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #95
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowdog
You know that chocolate is an aprodisiac??
There have been studies that pretty much disprove that. (Yay for TLC.) The chemical in chocolate that is meant to be the aphrodisiac is in small amounts - there's more in summer sausage - and our body breaks it down through the digestive system before it really has any effect. So, aphrodisiacs don't work, except on a psychological level.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:59 PM   #96
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
There have been studies that pretty much disprove that. (Yay for TLC.) The chemical in chocolate that is meant to be the aphrodisiac is in small amounts - there's more in summer sausage - and our body breaks it down through the digestive system before it really has any effect. So, aphrodisiacs don't work, except on a psychological level.

I wonder if this could be an example of society getting wrong information and it creating a culture myth. In biopsych we were NEVER taught that chocolate was an aphrodisiac. IIRC chocolat has phenotheline(sp) which is one of the chemical marker of "love".

The idea was put across as this when people are depressed they MAY comsume more chocolate because it makes them feel better NOT that is AROUSES them.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #97
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
"Originally posted by Starr Polish
There have been studies that pretty much disprove that. (Yay for TLC.) The chemical in chocolate that is meant to be the aphrodisiac is in small amounts - there's more in summer sausage - and our body breaks it down through the digestive system before it really has any effect. So, aphrodisiacs don't work, except on a psychological level."
This coming from someone who has not had sex... Maybe on the scientific level you are right, but its amazing a few drops of Hersheys can do in an intimate setting...
Old 01-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #98
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

on the subject of aphrodisiacs....what soes everyone think about aromatherapy for purposes of getting a sensual feeling...such as ylang ylang?
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:17 AM   #99
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I've come across an oil meant for oilburning called 'pussy'. It smelled pretty nice actually, but not much like the title....
Old 01-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #100
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

NOW THIS IS SEX

Parties Where an ID Is the Least of What You Show
By WARREN ST. JOHN

Published: January 11, 2004

nna, a 22-year-old graduate student in Manhattan, said she remembers clearly how she was introduced to one of New York's sauciest underground social scenes. It was via an instant message from a stranger who had seen her personals ad online at Nerve.com. A local promoter of erotic events called One Leg Up was organizing a party in a TriBeCa loft on the theme of the film "Moulin Rouge," her suitor wrote, and he wanted to know if Anna would be interested in going "with me and my hot tattooed girlfriend." Anna mulled her reply, then fired off an e-mail message.

Advertisement

"I was like, `Yeah, dude, I'll check that out,' " she recalled.

To gain entry, Anna first had to send an erotic essay and a photo of herself to One Leg Up's founder, a husky-voiced, 33-year-old proselytizer for sexual experimentation who goes by the name Palagia. Anna made the cut, was given the party's location and a pass phrase — "untie my corset" — and on a chilly night last year donned fishnet stockings and high heels and headed out to her first sex party.

The gathering was awkward at first, she said, but at 12:30 a.m., a gong rang, signifying that guests should strip to their underwear, and things soon began to heat up. Anna said she spent most of the evening entwined with a couple she had just met — not the one that invited her — and besides the minor annoyance of having to locate all her clothes at the end of the night, she said the experience lived up to her expectations. She has since been to 15 similar parties in Manhattan, and though just a year above the legal drinking age, counts herself a full-fledged member of what insiders refer to simply as "the lifestyle."

Her take on the scene is uncomplicated: "I think sex is cool and people should have a lot of it," she said.

The idea of swinging may evoke an image of middle-aged, ennui-riddled suburban couples of the 1970's — think of key parties and the movie "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice." But among a certain adventurous younger crowd in Manhattan these days, swinging — or at least a high-velocity form of sexual exploration that resembles swinging, but for the dearth of actual spouses (many participants are shy of marrying age) — is thriving with a twist. Unlike the dismal, failed swinging attempt in "Carnal Knowledge," in which two husbands make a surreptitious deal to seduce each other's wives, the younger scene is driven largely by women — many of them erotic-party promoters who use the Internet as both a marketing tool and a screening aid, to keep their crowds enticingly attractive and to keep paying customers coming back.

Mindful of the cobwebbed connotations of swinging, most of these women refer to their events as "erotic networking." They have names like Flirt NYC, Skin NYC and Cake, and the organizers frame the gatherings as political acts rooted in a postfeminist interest in women's sexual empowerment.

"It's not just, `I'm going to go to this party with my boyfriend to have sex in front of other people,' " said Melinda Gallagher, 30, a former graduate student in human sexuality at New York University and a founder of Cake. "The philosophy is that women need their own space to explore sexuality. The women in the room direct whatever happens."

To the untrained eye, at least, it can be hard to distinguish political soirees from basic sexual ones. Just before the holidays, at Carnaval bar on East Houston Street, One Leg Up sponsored a mixer for couples interested in learning more about the scene. (Palagia, the group's founder, calls such events "takeouts.")

Those who knew the pass phrase — "I'm sexy" — were allowed into the bar by two hulking doormen, and once inside found that perhaps a quarter of the women — most in their 20's and early 30's — were topless, save for dabs of body paint on their nipples, to comply with the city's public nudity laws. Downstairs in the midst of a crowd of around 200, half a dozen women were packed tightly together in a sort of group rub, undulating in time with the techno soundtrack. In a corner, a stunning young woman with blond hair preppily styled like Gwyneth Paltrow's was making out with one man, while another sat with his arm tucked into the waistline of her skirt. He wore the nonchalant expression of someone playing a video game for the thousandth time.