Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

okay I concede despite my reservations.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:09 AM   #82
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor the Fair
Aragorn, too was a warrior and a healer. I am sure he preferred healing to slaying.
Depends who. He would prefer to slay an orc but heal an elf. But about Eowyn she saw the sorrows of war and battle so decided to dedicate her life to helping heal the wounds of war and battle.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #83
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
thanks. Also what did Faramir do?
Don't forget that the Prince of Ithilien would be the March-Warden between Gondor and the former Mordor. I am sure that plenty of Orcs and other foul beasts (and evil Men, don't forget) remained to keep Faramir (and Éowyn) busy. As a feudal lord, he would have been responsible for the welfare of all the folk that lived there. And, last but not least, he was hereditary Steward of Gondor, presiding there in the King's absence. We know that Aragon visited Arnor at least once, and most probably many times, so he would have been the one in charge, then.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #84
Telcontar_Dunedain

When Aragorn went to Arnor would he have remained in Ithillien or gone to Minsa Tirith.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #85
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

Yeah I understand. I agree that there were left overs to clean up and Eowyn probably mostly spent he time healing and Faramir and his buddies did the fighting. However I am sure every now and again she felt an urge and went out ot fight along side her man.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:19 AM   #86
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe but if she did I think it would have been defending Ithillien not attacking the orcs.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #87
Attalus

I think it doubful that Éowyn never drew sword again. It was a rough period of history.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #88
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus
I think it doubful that Éowyn never drew sword again. It was a rough period of history.
If for no other reason, she may have had to teach her sons how to do it.

"Mommy - mommy! Show us again how you killed the Witch-King!"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #89
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeha a little army of Faramir and Eowyn's.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #90
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor the Fair
Quote:
The hands of the king are the hands of a healer..
Technically, i think that only applies to those of Numenorean descent, not to apply to the Rohirrim
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:23 AM   #91
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I don't even think the saying was that general. I think it was more likely an old prophetical saying which was specific to Aragorn... to help in his identification as King. I don't think Aragorn had his healing ability because he was the son of Arathorn, who was the son of Arador, etc, etc - all the way back to Isildur son of Elendil. I think rather that he had this ability because he had taken the time and effort to learn it when he had the opportunity - and that those words were an identifier for him.

Now... wonder who would have first said them. Perhaps Gondor at some point may have had a 'seer' similar to Malbeth...???

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:45 PM   #92
Attalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
I don't even think the saying was that general. I think it was more likely an old prophetical saying which was specific to Aragorn... to help in his identification as King. I don't think Aragorn had his healing ability because he was the son of Arathorn, who was the son of Arador, etc, etc - all the way back to Isildur son of Elendil. I think rather that he had this ability because he had taken the time and effort to learn it when he had the opportunity - and that those words were an identifier for him.

Now... wonder who would have first said them. Perhaps Gondor at some point may have had a 'seer' similar to Malbeth...???
I agree. Mysterious prophecies, like "Your grandson will kill you" are common in mythic stories.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:29 PM   #93
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus
I agree. Mysterious prophecies, like "Your grandson will kill you" are common in mythic stories.
Oh yeah. That's real mysterious.