Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #81
BeardofPants
the Shrike

What I got last time I did this (way back on page one of this thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
ISTP

Introverted 56
Sensing 1
Thinking 89
Perceiving 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
_You are:
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
very expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality
What I got today:

INTP

Introverted - 67
Intuitive - 67
Thinking - 78
Perceiving - 11

This time 'round, I'm an 'architect'.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:06 PM   #82
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
You're introverted JD? (I only intend this comment in the kindest way. )
As I've always said - just because people may post on entmoot - doesn't mean you know them. You only know person based on a few threads - nothing else.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM   #83
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree (hence the grinning face I added). So much of communication is non-verbal, and our interaction is quite limited anyway. We certainly know each other on some level, but not very well. (Isn't that kind of too bad, we've been talking to each other for at least a year now, but we really don't know each other all that well.)

BoP - I did the test twice too, but I got the same result both times.

So what is that "Novelty" link anyway?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #84
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

-bump-

I took this a while ago when I was lurking here once, during one of my stupid absences. I got the same result this time, INTJ, Mastermind.

Inotroverted 89
Intuitive 11
Thinking 17
Judging 11

Last time I'm sure I had loads more thinking points, and this time the extent of my introversion is pretty scary.

Hey, Jon, my psychology teacher says that INTJ's make up less than 1% of all people who have taken these tests. So we're pretty rare, and that's cool . That might be something to consider in the experiment Sminty.

Skeptics of these tests, they're trustworthy. They're designed by psychologists who had to be just as skeptical, and they've adressed the things you're saying already. I don't know why this doesn't say so, but you're supposed to think real hard for a "yes" or "no" answer, and leave it blank only if you can't figure it out at all. THere's usually a "somtimes" column for that.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #85
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

INTP.
I took it once a while ago and got the same thing also. The description fits rather well too...

Introverted: 56
Intuitive: 56
Thinking: 11
Perceiving: 56

Neil Gaiman
Elemmírë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #86
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

I'm an INFJ

I've taken questionaires like this before....I always score low on the categories...but, this one was worded differently than a lot of them, and had less questions...i always get different classifications...and they tell me to "interpret the results with caution" (exact wording) because my scores are so mild....

My DA page
Embladyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #87
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Introverted 78
Intuitive 22
Thinking 33
Judging 11

Bah.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #88
Minielin
Elven Warrior

ENFP... hooray for the rare Es.

Extroverted 44%
Intuitive 89%
Feeling 56%
Perceiving 56%

I'm a champion idealist. PH33R M3.
In dark green ivy, and among wild larches?"

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.
Minielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #89
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

-bump'ump-

Alright! There's a whole new wave of mooters whose minds I haven't crept into yet.

I just retook this typology test. I'm pretty surprised I first took it only a year ago, because I feel like I've changed so much. In fact, I was half-expecting to be classified diferently this time. But I'm still a Mastermind, like Stephen Hawkin, Eisenhower, Newton, and General Grant.

This time though, I'm much more healthy:
slightly expressed introverted: 22
slightly expressed intuitive: 12
slightly expressed thinking: 19
slightly expressed judging: 22

The confounding variable for me would be that I've been longing for a while for some sort of energy connection with other people that I haven't been able to get. So I'd love that, but don't feel it normally and if I did I'd be satisfied; so I think I'm still a bit more introverted than I scored.

How about more of you? The test doesn't take long.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:11 AM   #90
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Bombadillo - great bump! I took it just now, and it's telling me:

Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted 22%
Intuitive 75%
Feeling 12%
Perceiving 22%

Apparantly, I am a "Champion Idealist." I bet I was a totally different personality type like ten years ago, when I first left high school and went into the world. In fact, I KNOW I've changed somewhat over the years, but I suppose I really am an idealist. I'm definitely more extroverted now than I was in my teens.

Maybe I should take this little quiz again, just to get an average, and make sure it's accurately reading me.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #91
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Ciao, Bombadillo - great bump! I took it just now, and it's telling me:

Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted 22%
Intuitive 75%
Feeling 12%
Perceiving 22%

Apparantly, I am a "Champion Idealist." I bet I was a totally different personality type like ten years ago, when I first left high school and went into the world. In fact, I KNOW I've changed somewhat over the years, but I suppose I really am an idealist. I'm definitely more extroverted now than I was in my teens.

Maybe I should take this little quiz again, just to get an average, and make sure it's accurately reading me.
Hmm. You got me interested by bringing up this topic, so I checked out how I'm scored.

I'm scored:

Introverted, 56%
Sensing, 1%
Thinking, 1%
Judging, 56%

Very different from you, as expected .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #92
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

INFJ - "counselor"

Quote:
The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #93
katya
Elven Maiden

I got ISTP

Intoverted- 78
Sensing- 1
Thinking- 1
Percieving- 78

I wasn`t really confident in all my answers though, so I wouldn`t read much into it. I am introverted though. I could`ve told you that.

I took the test again and changed the answers to some I wasn`t sure on- got the same thing only much higher in Thinking, like 67, and a little lower in percieving, also about 67. Crafter artisian or something like that.

I think my problem is that I`m pretty inconsistent and don`t really know myself that well so I have trouble with these tests. I never know if I`m answering who I want to be or who I am or what.

Last edited by katya : 01-16-2006 at 07:52 AM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #94
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Hmmm...

I'm an ISFJ... a Protector Guardian.

56 % - moderately expressed introvert
38 % - moderately expressed sensing personality
38 % - moderately expressed feeling personality
1 % - slightly expressed judging personality

Quote:
They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Providers, except with close friends and relatives. With these they can chat tirelessly about the ups and downs in their lives, moving (like all the Guardians) from topic to topic as they talk over their everyday concerns. However, their shyness with strangers is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth these Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.
Now these sentences are really true for me

However, because of that 1% Judging, I checked ISFP too, but that doesn't fit me. I mean, I'm not that artistic... This ISFJ is mostly me.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #95
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

INTP

I've taken variations of this test about four times now, same result everytime, it's been pretty accurate for me.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Lady Marion Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #96
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

ISTP
You are:
moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #97
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

INTJ

sweet! it says i'm a mastermind.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #98
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

ENTJ

You are:
44% - moderately expressed extrovert

25% - moderately expressed intuitive personality

12% - slightly expressed thinking personality

56% - moderately expressed judging personality

How do you find out what it says you are eg a mastermind or counsellor?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #99
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Check the first post. She has a link that says "click here to read about your personality type" and then click the four-letter type it gave you
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #100
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Thanks Curub. Well, I'm a Feild Marshall.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote