Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #821
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

I still dont get wat he wants to change. he is a great speaker, but when it comes to right now no prep he stumbles. He is soo young and knows it, but cant live it yet. Plus, he wants his own race out of the USA so i was told...idk how that works dont ask me. he wants change....we all do....and McCain is going to change the same things, just I know how hes going to do it. Obama...well....i think if he were up in the oval office we would be having a hard time. especially with the economy. we need exprerience right not. But i dont hate obama. hes just not wat we need RIGHT NOW.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #822
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I think every president will have a tough time in the oval office. And the economy isnt going to get any better even with a new president. we are just going to have to wait that one out. honestly, both candidates suck, and this has got to be one of the worst elections ever.
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #823
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Personally I think you're going a little too much off of hearsay, EAR... saying things like "so I was told..." really just amounts to hearing it from a source who may or may not know what they are talking about. I think maybe if you investigated the issues thoroughly and for yourself, that would be a benefit to your debate and point of view

And this is just a little something fun for everyone... my sister sent it to me... it's a quiz that tells you who's policies you agree with more by putting up two (unlabeled) statements on the same subject (one by McCain and one by Obama). You choose which appeals to you more and at the end it tallies who you tended to agree with more

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Match...age?id=5542139

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #824
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

lol that was REALLY good. I took that and I was McCain!! Not every ? though. that was a good quiz. good post
Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #825
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethAnnRoger View Post
I still dont get wat he wants to change. he is a great speaker, but when it comes to right now no prep he stumbles. He is soo young and knows it, but cant live it yet. Plus, he wants his own race out of the USA so i was told...idk how that works dont ask me. he wants change....we all do....and McCain is going to change the same things, just I know how hes going to do it. Obama...well....i think if he were up in the oval office we would be having a hard time. especially with the economy. we need exprerience right not. But i dont hate obama. hes just not wat we need RIGHT NOW.
McCain voted with Bush over 90% of the time. He's on record as opposing equal pay for equal work. He has completely renounced anything that was ever important to him, personally, in this effort to be elected.

I find it very sad, actually.

As Shakespeare said:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would these fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death, —
The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, — puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know naught of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

After all the time that man spent telling himself he was always and forever a hero, I do not envy him his dreams...particularly if he 'succeeds'.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #826
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
Personally I think you're going a little too much off of hearsay, EAR... saying things like "so I was told..." really just amounts to hearing it from a source who may or may not know what they are talking about. I think maybe if you investigated the issues thoroughly and for yourself, that would be a benefit to your debate and point of view
Hear hear!

Remember that there are a lot of idiots out there on both sides spouting nonsense. Look these things up through primary sources and learn for yourself. . .don't simply regurgitate what someone else tells you!

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #827
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement... It's always best to do the proper research for yourself, rather than relying on others to summarize it for you. Who's to say their summaries are correct?

I also think that there is no candidate who is right about everything, there is no candidate who I will agree with on everything, and there is no candidate who is going to fix everything that needs fixing. The best we can do is elect whoever we think will be better for running the country at the moment.

And if it turns out we elected the wrong person... we can always overthrow the government

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #828
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethAnnRoger View Post
Plus, he wants his own race out of the USA so i was told...
And which race is that? His white one or his black one? Or does he want all mixed people out of the US?

My advice is dont rely on internet forwards to supply your opinion about presidential politics...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 09-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #829
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
He is soo young and knows it.
Obama is forty-seven.

You say we need experience but you want McCain to die so Sarah Palin will be president? Do you realize that she is a political joke in terms of experience?

There may be be no 'ideal' candadite, but McCain is NOT the lesser of two evils. He's sold out to the far right, will not change a thing from the Bush administration's policies, and has both a terrifyingly inexperienced and conservative VP pick and dubious mental and physical health.

I'm voting for Obama.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-27-2008, 03:44 AM   #830
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
There may be be no 'ideal' candadite, but McCain is NOT the lesser of two evils. He's sold out to the far right, will not change a thing from the Bush administration's policies, and has both a terrifyingly inexperienced and conservative VP pick and dubious mental and physical health.
I was kind of amused when McCain said very dramatically in one of his speeches that 'change was coming!' And I was thinking 'What change? With you? How are you not going to be another four years of the same?'

I can't vote in your elections but after the USA sicced eight frigging years of Bush on the rest of the world, I'm going to be very cross with the uSA if you elect McCain just because Palin looks pretty and shoots animals she doesn't like!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 AM   #831
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Fortunately during her interviews (the very scripted few she's been let off her leash to give) she's taken every oppurtunity to shoot herself in the foot. Seriously, the woman just bombed an interview with Katie Couric. She came out and said that if Israel wants to fire missiles at Iran then it should be allowed to do so because Iran is "the bad guy," using finger puppet hand gestures.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #832
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Fortunately during her interviews (the very scripted few she's been let off her leash to give) she's taken every oppurtunity to shoot herself in the foot. Seriously, the woman just bombed an interview with Katie Couric. She came out and said that if Israel wants to fire missiles at Iran then it should be allowed to do so because Iran is "the bad guy," using finger puppet hand gestures.
Yeah, I think that people aren't falling for her harder, the more they get to know her.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 09-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #833
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

really? i never heard that one...thats wierd...
I would still vote for McCain and Sarah.

Vive l'Empereur! Now and for always...

Elizabeth Ann Roger

Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #834
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Elizabethann, you're striking me as a prospective voter who is concerned about social issues. A lot of voters are like that. Most, I'd say. But there are so many issues, and the parties generally come down on both sides of them. You just have to keep looking into both what they say, and what they do, to determine who you feel better about representing you.

Sarah Palin doesn't represent me. You know one of the (small) reasons why?

Because I never see her holding that baby. I'm one of those folks, I love babies. I make faces at them and they make me smile. I'll hold them anytime I'm permitted. If I had a baby that age, you'd think it was still attached. She's traveling all over, she's out jogging...doesn't even have a jogging stroller.

I feel sorry for that baby. Not because it may be special needs, but because, if it is indeed her own (and I confess, I'm a little doubtful about that) it doesn't seem to have a very connected mother.

I lost interest in McCain after what he did to his first wife. I don't think it's an accident that his current wife had a drug addiction. I don't think he's much of a prince, himself.

How people treat their loved ones matters, imo.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 09-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #835
Midge
Faithful Gardener

It always seems like liberals have better arguments.. I don't know why...

I'm going with McCain, too. NOT that I want to get going on an argument. I would inevitably feel as though I've lost.

I will say this, though, that those who think that McCain's appointing Sarah Palin was an attractant for women to the Republican side are pretty much blind.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #836
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'm interested to know why you would go for McCain, Midge. Especially since you don't seem too impressed by his VP pick, I find it a difficult position to understand and I'm curious to know.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #837
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
it doesn't seem to have a very connected mother.
Like this:

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #838
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

ROFL, that's got to be the funniest thing I"ve ever seen.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 09-28-2008, 01:46 AM   #839
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
It always seems like liberals have better arguments.. I don't know why...
That's because reality has a well-known liberal bias

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 09-28-2008, 04:13 AM   #840
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
You know, I had an inkling after reading some quotes from interviews and I was wondering whether she really was just rambling some confusing stuff while completely avoiding the question, or whether I had missed some important different aspect of American politics... It's somewhat assuring to learn it wasn't just me.