Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2003, 03:29 PM   #61
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I think that if they had to stick to the storylines of the comics, it would have been harder for them to make a good TV series.
Respectively, I think that they would have been better off not trying to make the show at all then. If they wanted X-Men to go back on the air, they should have done just that. Put the original X-Men TV series back on the air. There would be no downside anyway. It would be new to litteler kids, it would have a bigger teen audience, cost less to make as they'd all be repeats.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #62
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Personally I found the original X-men series poor drawn. Any X-men related series would have been better than the original.
But it had been good if they had re-drawn the original or something and used the 'correct' storyline.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:30 PM   #63
azalea
Long lost mooter

Didn't X2 open today? Has anyone seen it? I have yet to even see the first one (I'm always behind in seeing movies), but I will be watching it on dvd tomorrow night. I'll probably try to see X2 in the theater if I like the first one.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:38 PM   #64
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Personally I found the original X-men series poor drawn. Any X-men related series would have been better than the original.
But it had been good if they had re-drawn the original or something and used the 'correct' storyline.
That makes me really sad.
Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Didn't X2 open today? Has anyone seen it? I have yet to even see the first one (I'm always behind in seeing movies), but I will be watching it on dvd tomorrow night. I'll probably try to see X2 in the theater if I like the first one.
It did come out today, but I didn't see it. I'm usually behind also. The first one was rather good, but I have low expectations of the second. Plus they'll be significantly less Sir Ian.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:43 PM   #65
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hey guys,

If you've seen X2, feel free to start a new thread on it. This old X-Men thread was for the first movie anyway, and you don't need to clutter it up if you don't want to.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:55 PM   #66
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
That makes me really sad.
It did come out today, but I didn't see it. I'm usually behind also. The first one was rather good, but I have low expectations of the second. Plus they'll be significantly less Sir Ian.
I am quite certain that it did NOT come out today, as I saw it in the theater yesterday. I think it was actually Friday (the Second, two days ago) that it came out.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #67
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i want to see the second one so bad. does anyone know if it is good
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:04 AM   #68
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I am quite certain that it did NOT come out today, as I saw it in the theater yesterday. I think it was actually Friday (the Second, two days ago) that it came out.
Ah, see how behind I am?
Well, how was it? If you liked it, maybe you could do what IP said and start a new thread on it with a review. I too am interested to see how it was, and how it compares to the 1st one.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:08 AM   #69
Gwaimir Windgem

I liked it, but I'm too lazy to start a new thread. I will say, however, that my preferred X-Man (next to Storm ) will be a shock to no-one, I think.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-07-2003, 06:22 AM   #70
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
I liked it, but I'm too lazy to start a new thread. I will say, however, that my preferred X-Man (next to Storm ) will be a shock to no-one, I think.
I like Storm too. Though, her hair looks a bit strange (I think it looks a bit detached). Every time she was on, I was listening to her speak carefully to hear what accent she had. To me, it sounded British at the start, then became more American. (What can I say, I'm fascinated by accents)

I also like Rogue and Wolverine. Very cool.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #71
Gwaimir Windgem

I liked Rogue, but not really Wolverine. Not too much into the slice'n'dice types.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #72
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

You realize, of course, that that's a poor representation of the Rogue we readers have known for years. But Stan Lee is under consultation so I guess it's OK with this movie to twist characters around. hehehe
Old 05-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #73
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
I liked Rogue, but not really Wolverine. Not too much into the slice'n'dice types.
Yeah, I don't so much like his 'power', more the person he is. Interesting IMO.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:46 AM   #74
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Yeah he's a really unique character. He's so frank but at the same time mysterious. He's really cool.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #75
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

I saw X2...it was awesome!!!! Way better than the first...

My fav character was Nightcrawler...he's sooo cool...plus, I love the sound he makes when he teleports...sooo cool!

Mystique is pretty neat too...
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:24 PM   #76
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yay! I finally go to see this on dvd last night! I loved it, and can't wait to see the second one. I felt a little at a disadvantage because by the time X-men (ths comic) came out (or at least came into the mainstream, I don't really remember when it came out), I was past the comic book phase, so I didn't know anything about the characters coming in except their names and what they looked like.
The movie did a good job "introducing" the non-reader to the characters, although I'm sure there are nuances and minor powers or characteristics that didn't make it in. They did a great job making most of the characters sympathetic, even the main bad guy (Magneto, which I had always thought was pronounced Mag-NET-oh, not Mag-NEET-oh ). And, yes, I thought Mystique was very cool.
I noticed that they refer to their powers as mutations, but I mean really, controlling the weather is a power, I mean, come on! I'd be interested to know if that's done throughout the comic to differentiate it from "superpowers" of other comic heroes. Also, I'd be interested to hear about how much of the moive comes from the "canon" of the comic and what if anything was different. I know my brother complained when it came out that Jean Grey's hair is supposed to be flame red, rather than the auburn she had in the film (I think he's partial to redheads ). (Off topic: Wasn't there a superheroine named Flame?)
Old 05-20-2003, 05:49 PM   #77
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

Hey, I was wondering what exactly was the Phenix thing? What did Jean Grey turn into? Help!
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #78
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Catgirl
Hey, I was wondering what exactly was the Phenix thing? What did Jean Grey turn into? Help!
you could probably find some stuff out at marvel.com under "bios" at the top. I couldn't tell you for sure cause i've never read the comic books. just the cartoon, the movie,and one of my friends is a big comics fan so he talks about 'em sometimes.