Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2005, 09:52 PM   #61
katya
Elven Maiden

Yay! It`s Christmas Eve! That`s the the more fun day than Christmas, I think. Christmas you just open presents, feel somehow dissatisfied, and then just like, ok it`s over. But Christmas Eve is fun because it`s more about Christmasy things. At least that`s how it seems to me. I`m going to buy a Christmas Cake and some chicken or something for dinner. And gonna take it easy because today is the first real day of winter break!! (because yesterday I had kendo and then a Christmas party.)

Happy Christmas Eve!!
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM   #62
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Katya, Happy Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve is my favourite too, or it used to be. Christmas Eve night would be when we would have the big family dinner, and then there's Christmas Eve midnight mass, and my mother would let us open one present on Christmas eve. We got to choose which one - only one! That we could open. You're right, the anticipation feels so nice on the night before the actual Day.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 PM   #63
katya
Elven Maiden

We did that too! Opening one present, I mean. Mine was always the same though. We me, my mom, and my aunt would all get matching pajamas, and we`d wear them to bed on Chritmas Eve. And we had the dinner then too. I still remember last year, and it was one of those nice dinners that I like with cheese and sausage and crackers on plates, and you can get the food whenever you want, and no one expects you to be nice and polite because everyone just honestly likes each other. Hey, what time is it in L.A. now? I guess it`s still the 23rd, huh? It`s not even midnight in Michgan yet..

edit: I just got a e-card from my mom that says "Happy Jesus` Birthday" Aaaargh.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by katya : 12-23-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #64
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It's only 6:30 at night the 23rd right now in L.A., so my Christmas Eve's not til tomorrow night. I wish I could be with my Dad & uncle & auntie & cousins for Christmas eve dinner, or back east with my mother & brothers & sister, but I must stay here in town and spend the time with my boyfriend. He works straight through the holidays, and his own family he's really estranged from plus they're all in Eastern Europe, so I could never leave him alone on Christmas. I'd take him up to San Francisco to do family Christmas with my family, but he won't leave L.A. since he won't leave his business and he's working straight thru. So I stay here with him. I cannot bear to leave him all by himself on Christmas, even though he says he doesn't care. Everybody cares, whether they want to admit it or not! Plus, he's my family, too. We are each other's family.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #65
katya
Elven Maiden

Aw, that`s nice of you to stay with him then. I think you`re right too- he probably does care. It`s hard not to be with a nice loving family at a time like Christmas so that`s good that at least you two can be together. I kinda wish I could be with my family, at least my dad`s side, just for this one night. But I`m still excited anyway.

Merry Christmas again!!
Old 12-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #66
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
It's Christmas eve... for some reson the closer it gets to Christmas the less exited I get -exept on christmas, I've woken up at 3:00 and been to exited to get back to sleep-
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #67
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone at the moot.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #68
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

It's a quarter past six and preparations are in full swing here. My grandparents agreed to be here around seven, which means they'll arrive in fifteen minutes. I better go get ready then.

Merry christmas, everyone!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #69
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I used to feel dissapointed, too, after we would open presents, but last year I decided to just mentally 'disconnect' myself from the presents and focus totally on how good it was to be with my parents and sisters, and I had more fun than I've had any past Christmas and didn't feel dissapointed at all.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #70
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Merry Christmas to everyone! Here, it's about half past 7pm, eating done, presents opened (cuz we open them on Christmas Eve), and washing-up is done, too. Tomorrow, resting and eating; Monday, we go to visit my granny to eat & rest there; lovely holiday season.

Have great and peaceful days, everyone!
Old 12-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #71
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. May you find joy in being with loved ones, singing carols, eating yummy food, enjoying the Christmas spirit. And of course, hope you get cool presents.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #72
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 05:52 AM   #73
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
It's christmas day!
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #74
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
It's Christmas day, aparently I woke up and came down to early this time (all the other Christmases I remember 6:00 being the earlyest you could come downstairs)... so now I'm supost to play on the computer to waste my time before all the opening presents...
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #75
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Happy Christmas, all. I'm only up this early 'cause my boyfriend wanted to wake up esarly to check his online auctions and - you guessed it, WORK. But I've convinced him to STAY HOME today, and not go to his office. I think he'll stay! Me, I have a headache from all that vino I drank last night...

Old 12-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #76
katya
Elven Maiden

My Christmas was almost exactly like any other day. I did get a present, a headphone and microphone thing, but that was actually bought yesterday afternoon because I said I wanted one. I`m gonna try and pay for it too. I don`t really miss the presents so much, though it was always a rush to see all those boxes by the tree, looking like a lot more than there really was. And opening was fun too. Mostly I just missed all the celebration of Christmas morning and being with the family. There`s always next year though.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:18 AM   #77
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Although I'm 20 minutes late, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #78
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Happy christmas guys and gals! I'm a bit late, sorry about it.

And also best whises for the new year!
Old 12-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #79
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

New Years is the best! anyway, merry christmas you guys. I gave you some presents at the Christmas party but I don't think anyone saw them except 4 Lief!

Old 12-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #80
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

There hasn't been much of a presence from people at all on the 'Moot these last two or three days. I think everyone's off celebrating.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote